What's the point of Doomfist?

General Discussion
I'm genuinely wondering. He has high burst damage, other than that he seems to have a high skill floor or just sucks?

High burst melee damage, but low ranged damage, low tankiness, decent maneuverability if you use a cooldown. I would have expected him to have more health or something so that he doesn't instantly die to anything other than a Mercy.
ambush & pounce upon 1-2 low mobile targets

https://youtu.be/-uKkAyLPJe0?t=334

https://youtu.be/-uKkAyLPJe0?t=384
He was supposed to counter high mobility/tanks. But his his rocket punch hitbox is so broken he is just a sad hero now.
The OW team wanted to do something with him, but instead broke him to the point that he's used in other ways. I think a Doomfist with much more focus on the DOOM part of his fist would be great, but in the wake of the Roadhog nerfs the dev team caved too easily to complaints and choose to sideline him rather than improve his release.

In his current iteration, if you watch how some of the better Doomfists like Chipsa use him, you might pull away enough gold nuggets to grasp what you can do. There's a nice mobility bug?/feature? that makes you travel quite far with even a low charged rocket punch, so given its cooldown you use that for mobility and try to combo your shotguns with your other two abilities.

A basic one I try to go for often is opening with seismic slam, getting two good shots off while they're midair and then an uppercut to finish (or another shot midair if the uppercut didn't kill them). By the time that combo is over, even if you used your fist to close the gap, its already off cooldown and you can dash away while still midair from uppercut.

The best use I've seen of DF's combos is literally throwing yourself over the highest terrain you can with seismic slam and destroying the backline, and if you're lucky still being positioned well enough to escape.
02/16/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Ermor
He was supposed to counter high mobility/tanks. But his his rocket punch hitbox is so broken he is just a sad hero now.

Couldn't agree more. Right now I don't believe he has a place or specific job in Overwatch.
He's pretty good at getting picks on squishy characters. He's kinda like Genji except with higher dmg output, slightly weaker mobility and no defensive ability. He's hard to use but I don't think he's bad at all.
02/16/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Rightwardsky
02/16/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Ermor

Couldn't agree more. Right now I don't believe he has a place or specific job in Overwatch.

Well he does have one clearly defined role , he excels at feeding other teams ultimate charge
02/16/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Protoclown
02/16/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Rightwardsky

Well he does have one clearly defined role , he excels at feeding other teams ultimate charge

And being a distraction. No joke, I've had entire teams lose the point because they decided to turn around and kill me.
To kill Moira in deathmatch