How do we define a "Good Place"

PTR Feedback
02/07/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

She's below junkrat in GM, placing her at 3.15% pick. Anyone below 3.8% is not being picked equaly in the lineup, so they dont even qualify as an average pick.
Both junkrat and Mercy have slowly been sliding down since their changes so neither of them are at their supposed lowest limit from this last update, and with more buffs coming, its likely both of them will slide further down that list.

I guess my question is at this point, if they arent in a Horrible place when the top 6 characters take up most of the pick ratio, when is a character at a good place?
"Good place" means people have finally stopped whining about them and Jeff doesn't have as much homework to do. Even then, it's just a sad statement for the purpose of damage control. He hasn't addressed the fact that Mercy feels like garbage to play. The rework has done nothing but alienate her playerbase, drop her pickrate below pre-Rez invincibility levels and give more ammo to the Anti-Support Crusade.

No suggestions to fixing Mercy will ever be addressed because they're too lazy to even test it on the PTR.
Well I didnt mean it for just mercy, its just a word byte from his statement. In her case she was WAYYYYY way over used because the change meant if the other team HAD a mercy, you HAD to have a mercy too. And whats sillier is we TOLD THEM not to make that change before it ever happened.

Same goes for junkrat. I stated many times that just GIVING him an extra projectile might make him too strong, and , in lower ranks it did, but the mobility was a great change, but instead of a common sense change of " hey maybe 120 is too much? " it became" lets add a falloff to an already inconsistant characters inconsistant weapon". Due to junkrats physics based tick rate, his projectiles always lag behind the current game, so the distance check for his falloff seems to be further behind enemies by the time it can do the check thanks to the physics tick rate. He has no favor the shooter in a favor the shooter netcode scenario.. how silly is that?

So where in the triad of Feels/Stats/CommunityFlack(Lets face it its the pro's and streamers who get a say, not the community) Does a character qualify as "In a good place" and "In a horrible place"
I’d say feelings have the biggest pull, so basically whatever they FEEL is good. To them.
02/16/2018 03:43 PMPosted by inplane
No suggestions to fixing Mercy will ever be addressed because they're too lazy to even test it on the PTR.

PTR is not used for random changes to see what would happen. Otherwise we would have seen their (failed) Hanzo experiments already without the devs having to post about them.
Mercy has a higher pick rate than widow and Ana in GM. What does that say about her
02/16/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Amerasian
Mercy has a higher pick rate than widow and Ana in GM. What does that say about her

It says that Ana needs some help & that Widow is competing for a spot with 13 other dps characters, while Ana & Mercy compete with 4 other healers.
02/16/2018 10:07 PMPosted by DolceFragola
02/16/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Amerasian

It says that Ana needs some help & that Widow is competing for a spot with 13 other dps characters, while Ana & Mercy compete with 4 other healers.

What kind of help does Ana need?
02/16/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Amerasian
02/16/2018 10:07 PMPosted by DolceFragola

`
I don't know, I'm not a game designer. But even if you don't take her skill floor into account, she struggles when there are barriers in the way.
Ana issue is she isn't useful in dive meta which is current thong.
Enemy shields stop her from her job of healing.

But back to topic:

Jeff said "not in a horrible or unplayable place"

U say mei and sym are not in a horrible place.
They need help.

And no hero is unplayable...they all bring somethon g to the game.

Being too strong or too weak is the issue.
If you can't balance this then take 1 hero at a time, identify your core ideal of it, build that core ideal around the games "balanced" heroes.

It is better to take time and fix an issue all at once than spread a failure to balance over months or year.

And an example of devs views:

Mercy 1.0 without dmg immunity = weakest healer.

Mercy 1.0 with immunity = fine for months (untill players abused her ult and hiding)

Mercy 2.0 = overpowered to the extremes.

Mercy 2.x (idk what number of nerf we are at on her to use a number) = "not horrible but usable".

Used her as she is the only hero to get so much changed over her life.

90% of any feedback given on their own forums is ignored. No response ever given.

Overall devs are in no way thinking of the community.

You guys have ppl specifically for community info (forgot title officially) but you never use it for important stuff.

How often does stuff on ptr change before goes live?

I could prolly count total on my fingers.

Any feedback is better than silence.
Silence causes ppl to feel ignored.
Ppl hate being ignored.
That in turn causes ppl to get angry.

ow really truly needs to work on their community interactions.
I still feel like Rez in valk mode should be speed up a little. Come on 1 revive is managable, 2 was too much.
02/17/2018 03:11 AMPosted by WeirdWølf
I still feel like Rez in valk mode should be speed up a little. Come on 1 revive is managable, 2 was too much.

I actually wish if she could rez more than one target (as horrible as it was) but with the cast time
02/16/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Amerasian
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Wall climb for one. You have a sniper with no mobility factor.. The heck?
Mercy mains get so much crap from everyone and the support class in general. she was never op prior to rework and since the sr boost was taken away there would b no issue

Wall climb for one. You have a sniper with no mobility factor.. The heck?

Exactly you see her in one of her highlight intros jumping high into the air and tucking and rolling lol... Like obviously age doesn't affect her mobility so why couldn't she get an increased vertical jump if you hold down spacebar.
She should be able to at least get up the side of a regular sized wall