Ana is underpreforming, even in gm

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
+Ana stats in comp, all tiers:
-pickrate: 4.5%, 4th of the healers.
-winrate: 46.12%, only healer with negative winrate.
-elims: 11.27, 4th of the healers
-damage: 3657, 4th of the healers
-healing: 7910, 4th of the healers
-deaths: 8.47, 3rd of the healers

+Ana stats in comp: grandmasters:
-pickrate: 2.36%, 5th of all healers
-winrate: 51.58%, 2nd lowest of all heroes

It's pretty clear that despite the mercy nerf ana is not preforming well in comp. Even in grandmaster, where players are more mechanically skilled, ana (high skill hero) is actually worse. I'm not a support main so I honestly don't know how she could be made more viable.
Because Moira got introduced.
That's the story how I have to flex 9/10 to moira, making me a moira "main", taking away my freedom to play anything else without having to hear REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
02/18/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Cloud
basically.

The only assets that Ana brings compared to Moira are long-range and unlimited healing.
Highly Rated

I'm sick and tired of Ana's state being blamed on other supports. Before it was Mercy holding her back, now it's Moira? Why not remove every other support then so Ana can be the unquestionably dominating healer!

I said it before the Mercy nerf, and I will say it again - nerfing other supports will NOT make Ana's issues disappear, it will only leave us with an anemic support class as a whole.

Moira's existence doesn't make Ana worse. Lucio and Zen outperformed her for a long time before she was in the game. Ana needs some tweaks (passive heal, wall climb, anything to help her without buffing her grenade).
The life of Ana:

Try to heal teammate, other one walks in the way, teammate dies.
Try to retreat to regroup, get dove, die.
Switch to Moira to preserve sanity.
02/18/2018 12:10 PMPosted by QuizzyBunny
I'm sick and tired of Ana's state being blamed on other supports. Before it was Mercy holding her back, now it's Moira? Why not remove every other support then so Ana can be the unquestionably dominating healer!

Well it is the truth

Mercy was a low skill high reward hero
Moira is a low skill high reward hero

Both their kits are insanely better than Ana's.

You wanna go 3-4 tanks? Because you would pick Ana without a doubt, but now you pick Moira, she brings much more impact to the game that Ana does.

The problem with Ana is, if you buff her more, you actually make her a must pick like she was.

Ana's kit if you look at it, is pretty good, not much has changed from the Ana that was meta, only healing buff from nade and 10 less damage, which basically ONLY affects vs Tracer.

And yet she's now very sub par.

Only because they keep introducing low skill heroes that bring much more to the table than Ana.
02/18/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Pulse
02/18/2018 12:10 PMPosted by QuizzyBunny

Well it is the truth

Mercy was a low skill high reward hero
Moira is a low skill high reward hero

Both their kits are insanely better than Ana's.

You wanna go 3-4 tanks? Because you would pick Ana without a doubt, but now you pick Moira, she brings much more impact to the game that Ana does.

The problem with Ana is, if you buff her more, you actually make her a must pick like she was.

Ana's kit if you look at it, is pretty good, not much has changed from the Ana that was meta, only healing buff from nade and 10 less damage, which basically ONLY affects vs Tracer.

And yet she's now very sub par.

Only because they keep introducing low skill heroes that bring much more to the table than Ana.

Mercy is still better than Ana in most situlations. So what lets nerf Mercy more now just because "If Ana is buffed she will become a must pick again"?
in-fight time is also really important. ana spends 1/4 of the time walking from spawn while Moira rarely dies.
Ana, Mercy and to a lesser extent Lucio need to be buffed to Moira's level.

Of course, this been dpswatch, whats actually gunna happen is Moira will be gutted as well to become as useless as the rest of em.

Honestly the way its going I can pretty much see teams just turn around and say "**** it" and run with solo supp Zen, so we have this new triple dps meta where healing is almost nonexistent, as least the genju mains will be happy.
02/18/2018 12:22 PMPosted by EvilYoshi
Ana, Mercy and to a lesser extent Lucio need to be buffed to Moira's level.

Of course, this been dpswatch, whats actually gunna happen is Moira will be gutted as well to become as useless as the rest of em.

Honestly the way its going I can pretty much see teams just turn around and say "**** it" and run with solo supp Zen, so we have this new triple dps meta where healing is almost nonexistent, as least the genju mains will be happy.

Yeah, that's why Quadtank is currently viable. Because healing is nonexistend.
02/18/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Pulse
Well it is the truth

Read this, here I outline all of Ana's issues. Note that none of them is caused by the other support characters.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760997607#post-1

And unless you want all your games in the future to lack support players I suggest toning down the constant cries for nerfs.
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>
02/18/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Zac

Jesus...

Every post I've seen from you the past few days has been a Moira *****fest.

We get it, you play Genji and hate Moira.
lol he has more time on moira than genji
02/18/2018 12:00 PMPosted by TedCruz
+Ana stats in comp, all tiers:
-pickrate: 4.5%, 4th of the healers.
-winrate: 46.12%, only healer with negative winrate.
-elims: 11.27, 4th of the healers
-damage: 3657, 4th of the healers
-healing: 7910, 4th of the healers
-deaths: 8.47, 3rd of the healers

+Ana stats in comp: grandmasters:
-pickrate: 2.36%, 5th of all healers
-winrate: 51.58%, 2nd lowest of all heroes

It's pretty clear that despite the mercy nerf ana is not preforming well in comp. Even in grandmaster, where players are more mechanically skilled, ana (high skill hero) is actually worse. I'm not a support main so I honestly don't know how she could be made more viable.

Say it louder for the developers in the back.
Are Winston and DVa still the best tanks by a long shot? Then you can bet your !@# that Ana is weak. Is Moira a much better healer than Ana for the niche of trip/quad tank along with the Winston DVa situation? Then you can bet your $%^ Ana. Compared to Triple Tank Ana she deals only 10 less damage mostly affects only Tracer and damage boosted two shotting and 50% heal boost as opposed to 100%. Not that much weaker by herself.

If you want to try to help Ana you all need to start talking about Winston's barrier that was stupidly buffed. You need to talk about how since it has been dive, it has not been nerfed at all. 4 second Dva to this DVa was mostly if not entirely just a reassignment of power. SO much complaining about Tracer and Genji and so much complaining about how Ana is weak but never looking at the key factor driving a large part of all these things: Winston and DVa
02/18/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Killbill
02/18/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Zac
Jesus...

Every post I've seen from you the past few days has been a Moira *****fest.

We get it, you play Genji and hate Moira.
lol he has more time on moira than genji

2 hours on Moira when he has dozens of hours on Genji in other modes? How does he have more time on Moira?
Barriers and getting dove holds her back, she probably would shine back if her team can counter those somehow.

I remember Pharah dealing massive damage to barriers with her E way back then, I wonder if they bring something like that again? Not at the levels of Sombra Ult though.
02/18/2018 12:17 PMPosted by dostheboss
Mercy is still better than Ana in most situlations. So what lets nerf Mercy more now just because "If Ana is buffed she will become a must pick again"?

Simply not true

Mercy is good with Pharah, in koth, also can work in 2cp where you can heal/boost everyone because they have to play point and snowball games like that

Ana has it's situations where she is much better than Mercy, the problem is now Moira is 10/10 better than Ana, and the meta is shifting towards 4 tanks, where Moira is insanely strong, much better than Ana