Ana is underpreforming, even in gm

General Discussion
02/18/2018 12:55 PMPosted by QuizzyBunny

Now things like THIS would actually help Ana. She has the tools, I really think it's the passives she's lacking. And even though Moira is fun to play I find Ana much more rewarding.

It rewards the player for healing their team. It's also not oppressive as its health over time. She's still weaker than other supports to be dove but this provides necessary counterplay so she's not deleted like her current interation. The mobility option to high ground would help a lot as well.

Ana just can't do her job and this allows her to do that. That's all we want.

Again this would be nice but won't help that much if DVa can easily DM her and Winston can drop his bubble on her as frequently as he does. DM and barriers stop her doing her do they not?
02/18/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Cloud
Keep theorycrafting. In praxis she still can do too many things too good to be called balanced at this point.

Moira deals respectable damage, heals exceptionally and peels for herself. What's wrong with that? She has no other utility and she has no burst, whereas the other Healers do to some degree. Just because she outshines the other !@#$ty main Healers doesn't mean she isn't balanced.

It rewards the player for healing their team. It's also not oppressive as its health over time. She's still weaker than other supports to be dove but this provides necessary counterplay so she's not deleted like her current interation. The mobility option to high ground would help a lot as well.

Again this would be nice but won't help that much if DVa can easily DM her and Winston can drop his bubble on her as frequently as he does. DM and barriers stop her doing her do they not?

It is true that both of those are difficult to deal with, Winston's barrier more so than DM. Then again, in their case I think I would prefer if their hardest counter (*cough* Bastion *cough*) was given some love to make their life more difficult (don't ask me what though, I'm a horrible Bastion player).
02/18/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Cloud
Because Moira got introduced.

Ana was underperforming ever since the nerfs, long before Moira was introduced.

Even players like Jjonak can barely manage to play ana in such a dive heavy meta. One missed sleep and tracer eats him alive. Or anything eats him alive, like Dva's diving onto Ana and basically deleting him and there is little he can do unless he gets instant, massive peels from team. Which aint gonna happen, because ana is a backline support, so Ana dies when dva looks her the wrong way.

Ana still has no sustain at all and lives or dies depending if enemy dive corps decide to munch on her. She relied a lot on old lucio aura just to have some heals on the backline. Now that's gone and her best sustain long gone as well.

Stop living in an imaginary world where everything is apparently Moira's fault when Ana herself is just underpowered in current meta.
Ana became garbage when Winston was buffed to god tier.

Winston becoming god tier ushered in dive, which Ana works poorly with and struggles against. Especially with Dive Tanks like Winston and Dva being her hardest counters.

But no. It is the other healers fault that Ana is bad.

:thinking:
02/18/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Nere

Stop living in an imaginary world where everything is apparently Moira's fault when Ana herself is just underpowered in current meta.

Its easier to blame other heroes rather than acknowledge the actual problem, especially if it gets them the chance to blame a hero they dislike.

Jumping to or away from high ground through a mobility option would help. Quickly gaining high ground allows Ana to be away from the fight but still contribute and while she can be dove the effect is lessen through the aspects of healing she can receive through fighting the aggressor or healing teammates.

It would help. Especially the ability to gain highground.
02/18/2018 01:10 PMPosted by QuizzyBunny

It is true that both of those are difficult to deal with, Winston's barrier more so than DM. Then again, in their case I think I would prefer if their hardest counter (*cough* Bastion *cough*) was given some love to make their life more difficult (don't ask me what though, I'm a horrible Bastion player).

Wanna know what happened to their hardest counter? People !@#$%ed because they couldn't learn good positioning. People ^-*!@ed and Blizzard caved. And now since then Winston and DVa have not had their power level decreased. Rearranged in the case of DVa but never decreased.

You cannot expect one DPS to deal with an entire Meta. Just like how people are being foolish if they think Sombra will end dive instead of fitting in with it. Bastio was that strong at one time and he was immediately nerfed. People need to stop dancing around the issue and consider the possibility that both DVa and Winston are too strong. Not by much but when it comes to tanks the slightest imbalance is meta defining
Just play Ana against an opposing team with Tracer, Genji, Dva, and/or Winston coming for you. Now play those games as Moira and Mercy. Night and day. Ana is simply too easy a target.

Sleep Dart can only do so much...every 12s...assuming you managed to sleep someone. Ana can only heal herself every 10s, Lucio whenever he wants, Moira whenever she attacks, Mercy 1s, and Zen 3s. Ana gains no benefit from her ult but Mercy gains regen and flight, Moira gains speed and regen, Lucio gets a shield, and Zen is invulnerable.

Ana is the anomaly when it comes to healer survivability.
02/18/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Fate

Jumping to or away from high ground through a mobility option would help. Quickly gaining high ground allows Ana to be away from the fight but still contribute and while she can be dove the effect is lessen through the aspects of healing she can receive through fighting the aggressor or healing teammates.

It would help. Especially the ability to gain highground.

It would help for a small time until those two had their mobility again and then she is !@#$ed again. Here's another hero to illustrate what would happen. Hanzo can easily, if %^-*ing wallclimb decides not to !@#$ out, get to highground. Does that stop Winston and DVa from dicking on him? Not at all
02/18/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Awkward
Ana became garbage when Winston was buffed to god tier.

Winston becoming god tier ushered in dive, which Ana works poorly with and struggles against. Especially with Dive Tanks like Winston and Dva being her hardest counters.

But no. It is the other healers fault that Ana is bad.

Yet people also want to nerf Tracer and Genji and not touch the God tier, as you put it, Winston and DVa. Seems like there is also bias against DPS. Nobody wants to think about the tanks

02/18/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Cloud
Keep theorycrafting. In praxis she still can do too many things too good to be called balanced at this point.

Moira deals respectable damage, heals exceptionally and peels for herself. What's wrong with that? She has no other utility and she has no burst, whereas the other Healers do to some degree. Just because she outshines the other !@#$ty main Healers doesn't mean she isn't balanced.
thats exactly what it means actually. unless you want mercy and ana buffed so we can play mercy/moira/ana+3 tanks and call it "nothing ever dies" meta.
She needs several or one of these things...
1. Passive self healing
2. Mobility ability
3. Revert back to 80 damage (if no mobility/self sustain is given)
4. Decrease reload speed
5. Slight Nano boost speed increase
6. Lower cooldown time on sleep dart
7. Increased clip size
8. Gain a small boost herself when she nanos someone so she can actually benefit from it (instead of relying on some incompetent teammates)
BONUS: Allow her to Nano Boost herself in FFA (she’s the ONLY character in the game who can’t)
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>
02/18/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Killbill

thats exactly what it means actually. unless you want mercy and ana buffed so we can play mercy/moira/ana+3 tanks and call it "nothing ever dies" meta.

Or you know, a fair competition acknowledging actual problems that Mercy and Ana are facing? One is unengaging to play and a former shell of what she was (Mercy 1.0) and the other lacks sustainability as a healer (self heal).

They dont even need anything major like a rework, well, Im referring to Ana on this because she just needs minor stuff. Mercy on the other hand, phew, its a mess.

Honestly if there are 3 support meta and a "nothing ever dies" meta, your DPS must be REALLY !@#$ and uncoordinated. What the hell are your flankers doing if they cant even kill an Ana or a Mercy if that were to happen?
02/18/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Nerfy
02/18/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Cloud
Moira is currently outperforming every other healer while being able to deal unproportional dmg in return.
I know the pro-suppport is strong in this forum.
Hopefully Blizzard doesn't listen to people who either base their argumentation on favoritism or their experience in low elo.

a genji main crying about moira because she counters him in a buff ana thread? ... Man how surprising as if it could be anyone else but a genji main lmao

I'm not even a Genjimain. What are you talking about?
02/18/2018 01:23 PMPosted by DarkStar
Yet people also want to nerf Tracer and Genji and not touch the God tier, as you put it, Winston and DVa. Seems like there is also bias against DPS. Nobody wants to think about the tanks

https://i.imgur.com/c7NJRa2.gif

Probably Genji to a lesser degree, especially with the upcoming Sombra buffs affecting him far more than the other three mentioned.

But yes, Dive Tanks really fly under the radar on these forums despite them being the driving force behind almost a year of Dive,
02/18/2018 12:10 PMPosted by QuizzyBunny
02/18/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Cloud
Because Moira got introduced.

I'm sick and tired of Ana's state being blamed on other supports. Before it was Mercy holding her back, now it's Moira? Why not remove every other support then so Ana can be the unquestionably dominating healer!

I said it before the Mercy nerf, and I will say it again - nerfing other supports will NOT make Ana's issues disappear, it will only leave us with an anemic support class as a whole.

Yeah, exactly. Ana needs some good changes.
02/18/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Awkward
02/18/2018 01:23 PMPosted by DarkStar

https://i.imgur.com/c7NJRa2.gif

Probably Genji to a lesser degree, especially with the upcoming Sombra buffs affecting him far more than the other three mentioned.

But yes, Dive Tanks really fly under the radar on these forums despite them being the driving force behind almost a year of Dive,

I say not both because any Genji changes have been nerfs mostly and even in Dive genji has a 27% pickrate. In a meta that heavily favours him, he sits at 27%? That screams balanced to me. Then there's that Tracer was not meta before God Tier Winston, however she does perform better than all dps in dive. As such I wouldn't change her until seeing what she is like outside of dive in case she is just enabled a lot more by dive. If she's still too strong then maybe an ult charge nerf

I can't wait until Sombra fits perfectly into dive since she doesn't hurt Zen as much anymore and it's much easier to get a hack on non dive tanks. I can't wait for that to be super oppressive and then for people to still no acknowledge that "hey maybe these two dive tanks are overtuned"

And all it takes are two Flankers to harass Mercy and Ana so they're forced into unfavourable positions and get focused down.

Also, you're making it sound like the "Nothing Ever Dies" Meta is a bad thing. I would play that over the !@#$fest that is Dive Meta that revolves around death, pretty particles, people leaping all over the place and sheer amounts of DPS.