Ana is underpreforming, even in gm

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
02/18/2018 01:49 PMPosted by inplane
...thats exactly what it means actually. unless you want mercy and ana buffed so we can play mercy/moira/ana+3 tanks and call it "nothing ever dies" meta.

And all it takes are two Flankers to harass Mercy and Ana so they're forced into unfavourable positions and get focused down.

Also, you're making it sound like the "Nothing Ever Dies" Meta is a bad thing. I would play that over the !@#$fest that is Dive Meta that revolves around death, pretty particles, people leaping all over the place and sheer amounts of DPS.

Two tanks. All it takes is two tanks. Winston and DVa. And nothing ever dies meta is way worse because that means way way fewer fights that are much much longer
She has a 51% winrate in GM, I think that's pretty balanced. Personally, I'd rather see Winston and D.Va get addressed before anything other than QOL changes are given to Ana. I'd also like to see how Moira plays out once her healing through shields bug is fixed (assuming it does get fixed).
And all it takes are two Flankers to harass Mercy and Ana so they're forced into unfavourable positions and get focused down.

Also, you're making it sound like the "Nothing Ever Dies" Meta is a bad thing. I would play that over the !@#$fest that is Dive Meta that revolves around death, pretty particles, people leaping all over the place and sheer amounts of DPS.

Two tanks. All it takes is two tanks. Winston and DVa. And nothing ever dies meta is way worse because that means way way fewer fights that are much much longer

Personally, I like drawn-out fights that happen less often. It feels engaging and exciting when a fight starts. One-bang fights that last 10 seconds feel cheap and frankly very lazy. It's one of the reasons why I quit playing LoL even after 7 years of playing it. Riot fully caters to the One-Bang Meta where burst and mobility is above all, making fights effectively last 10 seconds IF both sides are very equally matched.
02/18/2018 01:59 PMPosted by inplane

Personally, I like drawn-out fights that happen less often. It feels engaging and exciting when a fight starts. One-bang fights that last 10 seconds feel cheap and frankly very lazy. It's one of the reasons why I quit playing LoL even after 7 years of playing it. Riot fully caters to the One-Bang Meta where burst and mobility is above all, making fights effectively last 10 seconds IF both sides are very equally matched.
I personally do not like every fight feeling like I'm attacking point B of an Assault map. I remember the first few weeks of Mercy meta. Every fight looked like a 2CP fight and it was tiring, long and boring
I personally do not like every fight feeling like I'm attacking point B of an Assault map. I remember the first few weeks of Mercy meta. Every fight looked like a 2CP fight and it was tiring, long and boring

Valkyrie Meta was pretty bad. I imagined more of the Lucio + Ana Meta where healing was amazing and Tanks felt like Tanks, but everyone was still susceptible to death if focused. Deathballing didn't feel as absurd compared to Diving because it was easily foreseen when a Lucio speed boosts his team in. Having Winston and D.Va along with 2-3 Flankers jump you from 4 different directions isn't the best feeling.
02/18/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Cloud
Because Moira got introduced.

No, because Ana is getting plowed under by all the high mobility characters when she has no escape other than a projectile (sleep dart) not being blocked, deflected, or shot out of the air.
For every mechanically difficult hero like Ana, there will be a ridiculously accessible option that is superior and far easier to play like Moira. Zarya compared to D.Va. McCree compared to Junkrat etc. Mercy until the nerf came in after months of being broken.
I understand there have to be accessible hero's for those adapting to FPS and team games.
But to consistently make them the most valuable picks, even tiers where people are mechanically gifted, is very frustrating and it's taking away from the game.

Call me old fashioned but the harder a hero, the better they should scale as you move up the ranks. But for a lot of the roles that simply isn't true and you constantly get pros and high ranked players having to play hero's that aren't mechanically stimulating because they are just more effective.
02/18/2018 02:09 PMPosted by inplane
... I personally do not like every fight feeling like I'm attacking point B of an Assault map. I remember the first few weeks of Mercy meta. Every fight looked like a 2CP fight and it was tiring, long and boring

Valkyrie Meta was pretty bad. I imagined more of the Lucio + Ana Meta where healing was amazing and Tanks felt like Tanks, but everyone was still susceptible to death if focused. Deathballing didn't feel as absurd compared to Diving because it was easily foreseen when a Lucio speed boosts his team in. Having Winston and D.Va along with 2-3 Flankers jump you from 4 different directions isn't the best feeling.
That's what's fresh in the minds of people in terms of things not dying and that must never ever happen again. Dive being the option is not bad but until people actually turn their attention to Winston and DVa instead of a !@#$ing deflect hitbox then it isn't changing anytime soon in my opinion. If people spent a tenth of the time they spend %^-*!ing about deflect on looking at what's meta dn what's driving meta then this game might be better
02/18/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Dax
02/18/2018 12:10 PMPosted by QuizzyBunny

I'm sick and tired of Ana's state being blamed on other supports. Before it was Mercy holding her back, now it's Moira? Why not remove every other support then so Ana can be the unquestionably dominating healer!

I said it before the Mercy nerf, and I will say it again - nerfing other supports will NOT make Ana's issues disappear, it will only leave us with an anemic support class as a whole.

Yeah, exactly. Ana needs some good changes.

She needs several or one of these things...
1. Passive self healing
2. Mobility ability
3. Revert back to 80 damage (if no mobility/self sustain is given)
4. Decrease reload speed
5. Slight Nano boost speed increase
6. Lower cooldown time on sleep dart
7. Increased clip size
8. Gain a small boost herself when she nanos someone so she can actually benefit from it (instead of relying on some incompetent teammates)
BONUS: Allow her to Nano Boost herself in FFA (she’s the ONLY character in the game who can’t)

No, ana is trash on her own. Moira is a little overtuned but it wont make ana more viable.
02/18/2018 02:37 PMPosted by TedCruz

No, ana is trash on her own. Moira is a little overtuned but it wont make ana more viable.

She isn't trash on her own though. She's trash in game where Winston and DVa are overtuned. If those two weren't as strong as they were she would be much better
02/18/2018 02:37 PMPosted by TedCruz

I like to think that's she's not trash at all, it's just that the meta is very unfavorable to her and that it can be mitigated by giving her small buffs that don't directly buff her healing or damage output (viable self sustain and vertical mobility).

Ana had problems way before Moira and Mercy meta. Barriers are a huge problem for her and since there are 4 heroes that use barriers Reinhardt, Orisa, Winston, and Symmetra, plus they are in almost every game Ana wont be doing good any time soon sadly. Imo piercing shots to teammates through barriers could help. Plus am i the only that thinks Nano is underpowered. I would like the speed boost back. Thoughts?
02/18/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Rob
She has a 51% winrate in GM, I think that's pretty balanced. Personally, I'd rather see Winston and D.Va get addressed before anything other than QOL changes are given to Ana. I'd also like to see how Moira plays out once her healing through shields bug is fixed (assuming it does get fixed).

GM is the ONLY place Ana breaks the 50% marker. Everywhere else is 5-6% lower down

As of right now, there are only 2 characters with lower winrates overall. Sombra (Number 1 lowest) and Hanzo (Number 2). Hanzo WAS higher last week though if that means anything. Sombra, Hanzo, and Ana have swapped around, but constantly remain the top 3 at the lowest winrates.

Now think of this; Sombra has a 0.54% pickrate across all ranks; Hanzo has 1.89%, and Ana has 5.05%

A HEALING support, with 5 times higher pickrate is as RISKY a pick. That is crazy.

And for Reference; Mercy is a cool 50% and Moira 51%

Ana is 46%
02/18/2018 03:00 PMPosted by MasterMedic
Plus am i the only that thinks Nano is underpowered. I would like the speed boost back. Thoughts?

I would much rather that it grant healers 50% increased healing output, then you can actually use the ult more defensively. Extra bonus if it does 100-150 instant healing, although it might be asking for too much.

I honestly don't want the beyblade meta back, I would prefer if Reaper became more viable through his regular kit.
02/18/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Elyrh

Moira's existence doesn't make Ana worse.
It does in way because they introduced a hero that does Ana's role, but better.
Not even 70 DMG saved her. Feelsvadman. It's so sad because Ana is by far the most likable support
Ana is a sniper, so she can stay far away from the fight, but she's a support, so she needs to stay near her team, but she has no vertical mobility, so she can't easily get high ground.

Her kit is all at odds with each other. Biotic grenade is needed to secure kills, but also to AoE heal her team, but also to give massive heals on tanks, but also to be her only source of self-healing. It's great that it has such versatility, but too much is reliant on this single ability.
02/18/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Ninniq
Not even 70 DMG saved her. Feelsvadman. It's so sad because Ana is by far the most likable support
Well, yeah she's competing against a healer that heals 80hp per second and has a healing orb on top of that heals 75hp per second with a max healing potential of 300hp per orb while she only heals 75hp per shot. While it maybe true that Ana needs to be tweaked, Moira also needs to be tweaked. She is overtuned.
02/18/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Krystace
02/18/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Elyrh
Moira's existence doesn't make Ana worse.
It does in way because they introduced a hero that does Ana's role, but better.
Not really. Ana's the only real burst healer in the game and has the most utility in the game. Main reason she's bad is because of her ridiculously low survivability, not just because some low utility PB & J hero got released.