Post your First Words on the Forums here:

General Discussion
07/10/2017 06:58 PMPosted by AlternateZ
The only way Symmetra can be a threat is by deploying turrets in crucial locations and from close distance engaging with her beam which makes her pretty vulnerable due to her fragility, I believe High-Mobility heroes such as Genji can counter her, she can deal tons of damage with a full charged beam but then again she is VERY fragile.

Turrets, are pretty easy to counter especially if they are grouped up together, a single Pharah rocket does trick, so does Winston with his Tesla Gun, the same with Zarya and you win some charge with shields too!

Oh dear that was when some dude was saying that Symmetra was overpowered. Lol
In reference to Griefhardt/Balderich was the first time I actually came to the forums...
08/20/2016 01:40 AMPosted by RavageDionne
You all better be happy. WoW lost two patches worth of artwork for this skin.

/joke

On a serious note, can't wait to have something to actually work towards getting, instead of mindless running around not-aiming at stuff and not-killing it.
03/23/2017 09:47 PMPosted by CATCHPHRASE
Orisa bugs (galore) aside, it's nice that Zenyatta's alt fire (I forgot the name) no longer loses its accuracy. It fits his character more.

In the patch notes, it's mentioned that Junkrat's no longer able to harm himself with the grenades, claiming that it allows for more exploration in the gameplay. I respectfully disagree. It only allows for a more spray-and-pray mindset, making things easier and less inventive and interesting. Besides, unless I'm mistaken, Pharah can harm herself as well. Why make it unfair for her? No, don't make her immune to self-damage. She's a big enough pain in the butt to deal with in the first place (and that's her job).

As for my own personal experience with it, I main Reinhardt (who gets basically no new loot box items - the two skins we've gotten aren't all that nice, no offense); one maneuver I've loved doing in small spaces with a Junkrat is using the barrier to give him his own medicine. It takes no more than half of a second for him to either realize he should stop shooting or that he should pass through the barrier and actually attack responsibly. That is more creative on my part and on his part. With the update, there is none of that. He just stands there, mindlessly holding his trigger and boring us both.

On another note, Reinhardt, right? I mean, he's well-built and I love him and all, but with Orisa's defenses coming into play, it almost feels like my "job" is threatened. With Sombra being able to deactivate the barrier, or Bastion being able to shoot it down quickly (and leave me with a long time to recharge it), I think it would be a good idea to buff at least SOMETHING of his. I don't care strongly what that would be. My own ideas would merely be increasing his hammer's basic damage to 100hp rather than 75hp, bringing the barrier's hp up to 2,500-3,000hp, or increasing the speed the barrier recovers.

Just a few thoughts. Otherwise, I did take 450 damage from a single Hanzo arrow which wasn't a headshot. So, yeah, that was cool.

Dear heavens.. Part of this was stupid and part of it was ahead of its time.
I can't find my oldest post, because it got buried under my 2210 posts lol.

Pretty sure my first post is something about how underpower Widowmaker was (when she got her first nerf). Then I got massively downvoted for it because the nerf was just new, and nobody realized how weak she was back then.
02/19/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Restart

Pretty sure my first post is something about how underpower Widowmaker was (when she got her first nerf). Then I got massively downvoted for it because the nerf was just new, and nobody realized how weak she was back then.

Pretty sure it was this one:
06/30/2016 08:26 AMPosted by Syein
I'll take Reinhart's shield over Zarya's shield anyday. But honestly though, Zarya is one of the most balance character in the game, don't change her.

But you were under a different name back then.
02/19/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Tenor
02/19/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Restart

Pretty sure it was this one:
06/30/2016 08:26 AMPosted by Syein
I'll take Reinhart's shield over Zarya's shield anyday. But honestly though, Zarya is one of the most balance character in the game, don't change her.

But you were under a different name back then.

I have a hard time thinking it's that one. Maybe because the date seem too early. I vaguely remember the main reason why I came to the forum in the first place is because of how underpower widowmaker was.

Maybe for some reason I forgot my purpose and decided to drop by a rein and zarya's thread??

Edit: Definitely doesn't make sense, I have 34 pages in my post history, and each page is 10 posts. I have the total of 2213 posts, but the maximum I can have with 34 pages are 340 posts. Whatever happened to my remaining 1873 posts, I have no idea.
since there seems to be a lot of negative feelings in the forums as of late i figured i'd share a little something in hopes it makes you smile too!!

my papa joe fought in pearl harbor and passed years later due to an illness. he was the love of my grandma's life and she still loves him to this day and tells me about him, and when i saw reinhardt i was like "woah!! he looks just like papa joe!" so of course I had to show my grandma.

she came over today and I showed her immediately because she asked since I had texted her last night about it. "ever since you texted me I'd been wanting to see!" and when I showed her reinhardt her face lit up like a christmas tree haha. she was like "it looks just like him, that's joe!" and I played her his voice lines and she went "that sounds just like something he'd say" and wanted to see more pictures of him.

it made me really happy so I figured I'd try n spread it to you guys too. I hope you all have a nice day and that this makes you smile too. :0)

this was the first time I posted on the forums and it was my first thread too, it was when I just got the game. Reinhardt as a special place in my heart. his cinematic made me bawl like a little baby lol
09/23/2017 08:14 AMPosted by GreenVGC
So I have the Heroic intro because I Love the Hair blow. With the music it looks cool in my opinion. But when I put the Graffiti skin, tracer still blows her hair up right? Which you can't do with a mask on.

Don't you think we should get a option to keep the mask on or off depending on our taste?

Any feedback is welcome
Thanks

Additional damage provided" should be tracked

What the title says, for Mercy and Zenyatta, it'd be nice if you saw just how much you contributed with the damage boosts. As far as I know it's counted toward offensive assists now, but an exact number would be cool. It would definitely help promote Zenyatta especially.

So, to clarify, if someone shoots an enemy for 100 damage, and Mercy boosted it to 150, she'd get 50 added to her "additional damage provided" card.

Mercy got it, but not Zen. Also 50% damage boost days, good times.
It seems my first post was about something I still believe in, !@#$ty quickplay comps and the general thrower attitude we find in the "it's just quickplay" phrase:
07/13/2016 10:49 PMPosted by Karahtar
So I just read this whole discussion and it seems that what the game needs is a "skirmish" type game like the one you can join while waiting for a game.

Let's face it, while it's true that honing your skills on bots doesn't work, people shouldn't have to be forced into playing competitive to have a team that plays the objective or doesn't have 3 Hanzos...

I've had games where we went 6 Winstons and won, and games where we went 6 Winstons, and since we were clearly losing, we swapped to a real comp. And I thought that was ok, since we were all playing the objective; and when it didn't work, we swapped.

I still believe Squirmish should be a separate mode alongside quickplay and arcade.
10/26/2017 03:45 PMPosted by SunDragon
I love the gun, but I agree with the idea that the turrets and teleporter should be changed. I think that a mini dragon head for the turrets would be great but for the teleporter, I don't know.

About symmetra's halloween skin
10/25/2016 06:28 PMPosted by WarGoat
buffs for the most annoying character in the game? no thanks.

This was in response to a buff Junkrat thread.
2016 lol
01/25/2017 05:06 AMPosted by jdr61100
It sounds kinda fun to me, don't think it would be popular though.
Someone suggested a hopeless last stand type mode where you play forever until you're entire team dies.
04/14/2017 12:08 PMPosted by Badarm
With Lucio's new changes, a ring was brought in to guide players about where to stand. When a Lucio dies, this ring can persist in the world. This is a problem as players can walk into it, expecting healing, and receive none.

I have not got any evidence of this unfortunately, but as it is a common bug, I'd imagine there is plenty of it anyway.

Bit lame really.
First time I ever commented was on a post that asked people how they came up with their usernames and I replied with this:
04/10/2017 08:00 AMPosted by dreadburnz
I used to have another username, but after a long time I had been thinking of changing it to something better. At the moment I had been playing a lot of Persona 3 FES since I recently bought it, and I was really enjoying the game's soundtrack. My favorite soundtrack out of all the others was "Burn my Dread" and it inspired me to come up with my current username since I thought it had a nice ring to it.

This was the most thought I ever put into a username ever in my life, it literally took hours for me to come up with it.
It was really interesting to see the thought process behind other people's usernames too.