Overwatch is dead for me

General Discussion
Nothing is exciting anymore. There’s no new events, I have nearly everything in the game, I can’t get any better at the game no matter what I try, I hate competitive but am forced to play it just to get golden guns, I hate quick play because everyone chooses dps heroes so I’m forced to play tank or support so I can’t try anything new, and the lack of story deveolpment has really killed the game for me. And the cinimatics don’t count because A. They take place in the past of what lead them up to the point of where they are in the game. And B. Because they are very few and far between to even get a cinematic just explaining a character’s backstory and or leading up to why they rejoined overwatch.
So go try a different game.
It's called burn out.
02/19/2018 12:37 PMPosted by pooch
So go try a different game.

I am, I just felt like saying goodbye I guess.
02/19/2018 12:37 PMPosted by JimmyCarter
It's called burn out.

Yeah I know, I just wish blizzard would do something to keep it fresh.
Its a FPS, you dont want to play a FPS, then play something else?
okay.
If you aren't competitive, then do play comp. But if you are and just hate solo-queuing, find a group of friends (Or make some friends - some good people solo queue, just not enough) and try playing with them. I gave up on playing comp alone because it sucks, but playing with people might breath some life in to it.

Otherwise come back in a year or so - should be fun then.
Ok. So?
Take a break, go play some fighters, go play hat in time or something.
Okay, so you're just saying goodbye? Is that it?

Because i can give you recommendations if you want, I've been on an Overwatch hiatus before.
Overwatch is bread for me "nom nom"
02/19/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Stefanonimo
Ok. So?

So I loved the game, and now the game just isn’t the same anymore.
The game is going on 2 years old...
02/19/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Gamehead

So I guess it goes without saying that the game is dead/dying
02/19/2018 12:52 PMPosted by PepeTheLucio

Not necessarily. For most, it's a simple case of burnout. I know I don't play every day, and this coming from someone who's played the game since it first launched. Well, it's not much coming from me, but I've been around long enough to remember playing as Bastion for the first time on King's Row when he used to have his shield! So there! >_<
overwatch is dying because the match making system isn't evolving to handle the toxicity of the community. I wrote an "article/post" emphasizing the issues I see and feel are most important to improving the game... surprise surprise it isnt content. Its the match making system... If blizzard implemented a system that reported good behavior and bad behavior they would be able to start matching players who play certain ways with each other more successfully for example. we have all experienced being matched with a one trick who doesnt join the voice chat in competative...you know the symmetra on attack or torb that plays torb regardless of the hero comp or the circumstance or the map... these players shouldnt be punished for playing the game they want to play they should however be matched with other one tricks and players who fail to communicate or work with the team in a dynamic fashion... on the opposite end of the spectrum if you play a myriad of characters by filling in what the team needs and communicate well in team chat people should be able to report that in a good way and even leave comments...as those reports build up ...those people should be matched together. I'd rather be matched with 6 members who communicate well regardless of their rank or ability even...then being matched with a silent master or gm player or smurf who refuses to swap or work with the team... the real problem is the toxicity of the community and this really isnt blizzards fault but its up to blizzard to find a way to work around toxic players that are quite prolific in this game. by matching players who play in the same manner blizzard might even be able to open a window to these stubborn players to show them how miserable it is to play with people who exhibit these behaviors it would be a learning lesson and possibly change some perceptions of players who haven't matured into adults quite yet. anyways thats my 2 cents I mainly play fortnite and pubg as i'm sure much of the overwatch community has fled to these games because of these issues.
02/19/2018 12:55 PMPosted by BEASTLY

Not necessarily. For most, it's a simple case of burnout. I know I don't play every day, and this coming from someone who's played the game since it first launched. Well, it's not much coming from me, but I've been around long enough to remember playing as Bastion for the first time on King's Row when he used to have his shield! So there! >_<

So will the game become fun again if I just take a break?
02/19/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Gamehead

Still playing World of Warcraft and it's 13 years later. Still Loving it, that's not to say I've had moments in the past where I got tired of it.
I’m not saying the game is bad, I still love the game. I am just concerned on how they’re going to keep this game fresh, because right now it feels stale to me.