why does mei's ult cancel if u get killed?

General Discussion
this is stupid. if you throw her ult and its in the air when u get killed, it shouldnt cancel it. can we fix this with common sense maybe?
Same with Tracers please
yea.. its ridiculous how often mei loses her ult compared to other dps.
What makes it even more ludicrous is how it deletes if she's s stunned.
It's one of a few bugs they need to fix with her.
Recently i've heard people saying the cast time was increased a while back, and to compensate it would refund if it didn't go off.

Then they removed all ult refunds for everyone.

Not sure if it's true or I misunderstood or something, but that's what i've heard people saying.
During the Uprising update they changed Mei's ult so that the cast time included travel time (I forget the exact phrase), so since ultimates can be interrupted during cast time as of last Halloween, Mei has been affected very unfairly.

Unlike Zarya and Tracer, her ultimate projectile speed is extremely slow, and tactically in some cases it's better to throw it in the air.
02/19/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Charxander
Recently i've heard people saying the cast time was increased a while back, and to compensate it would refund if it didn't go off.

Not sure if it's true or I misunderstood or something, but that's what i've heard people saying.

makes sense for genji, soldier, mercy, but not for mei or tracer since they actually pop it!
and losing it for a stun is actually terrible..
I just experienced this with Tracer the other day. I stuck a McCree, and he tossed a Flashbang at me before it exploded, thereby removing my Pulse Bomb from existence and leaving him alive to kill me during the stun. My mind was thoroughly blown.
I don't think any projectile ultimates or Lucio's ultimate should be lost when they die.
02/19/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Charxander

It’s not a bug....but it’s an intentional change that they should reconsider (at least for tracer and mei) because it just doesn’t make any sense
The robot gets depressed because it's friend is dead.
02/19/2018 01:16 PMPosted by TBear
The robot gets depressed because it's friend is dead.

this makes sense. then animate the robot dying of depression then! no wait...
Meanwhile, Junkrat get to drive his riptire even if he's dead!

Oh wait I'm a Junkrat main...

*Waves hand* You aint seen nothing