Is it our responsiblity to make guild/clan systems?

General Discussion
Just a question I want to put out there.

Is it and should it be our responsibility to ensure we have a way to further our community.

Are third party answers the way to ensure we get to play with similar minded players and what solutions have you guys found.

I've personally been waiting for such a system and I'm at a point where I want to know if I should be working on or using external sources or if such efforts would be wasted because Blizz is/should be working on it.

Always a pleasure,
Duct
I just don't understand Blizzards stance on the topic right now.

Nearly a year ago when the suggestion was first made, we did get a blue post (I can't find it) That stated they were very interested in the possibility of such a system in Overwatch.

Since then, we've heard nothing more about it from them despite the popularity of the idea increasing.
2 years.

If they wanted it, it would have been worked on by now.
I mean, if we want it, then why haven't we made more of them? There are sections of most OW discord that are looking-for-team/game etc for region.

The lack of an in client support for such a system iskinda not great for us, but honestly it's completely possible to do it out of game.
02/19/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Quadstriker
2 years.

Meanwhile they say they have been fighting toxicity...

And then I wonder if they knew how much less toxicity we would have if we had tools to find like-minded people built in the game...
The game doesn't need one. People have friends list. And I see people posting quite often to join their discord channel for like leveling, grinding, events, and SR gaining.

Guild/Clan systems would just invite more toxicity for a game that already has enough.

- Shows favoritism.
- Creates divide in said group.
- Inflates egos.
- Makes you play what others think you should.
- Rewards for ones that want to. Unfair for no rewards for people that don't.

And that's just a few examples. People just need to drop it. It's not going to happen. It shouldn't happen. Just stick with discord and your friends list.
02/19/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Renegade
The game doesn't need one. People have friends list. And I see people posting quite often to join their discord channel for like leveling, grinding, events, and SR gaining.

Guild/Clan systems would just invite more toxicity for a game that already has enough.

- Shows favoritism.
- Creates divide in said group.
- Inflates egos.
- Makes you play what others think you should.
- Rewards for ones that want to. Unfair for no rewards for people that don't.

And that's just a few examples. People just need to drop it. It's not going to happen. It shouldn't happen. Just stick with discord and your friends list.

This don't make any sense my dude... Would you please enlighten us of why you think these points you made will actually happen, because, besides the division between people (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) I don't see what's the problem in having a guild/clan system in the game.
Honestly, I feel like this community based system can make the whole role queue conversation moot.
WE WILL BRING DRINKPEPSI TO JUSTICE ONCE AND FOR ALL!୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨
02/19/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Ductvader
Just a question I want to put out there.

Is it and should it be our responsibility to ensure we have a way to further our community.

Are third party answers the way to ensure we get to play with similar minded players and what solutions have you guys found.

I've personally been waiting for such a system and I'm at a point where I want to know if I should be working on or using external sources or if such efforts would be wasted because Blizz is/should be working on it.

Always a pleasure,
Duct
Yes because this was the only way the actual community of destiny got it. So if we start clans and guilds on our own. And then the developers pick it up it will ensure their money is being put into something people will use and with already established heads of the community they will have the ability to contact such heads
To ask for what things they need to use a primary support platform to prosper their clan.
2 years.

OWL...
02/19/2018 01:41 PMPosted by AzshFayd
I just don't understand Blizzards stance on the topic right now.

Nearly a year ago when the suggestion was first made, we did get a blue post (I can't find it) That stated they were very interested in the possibility of such a system in Overwatch.

Since then, we've heard nothing more about it from them despite the popularity of the idea increasing.

There were several things that were discussed in Blue posts that never came to be in the game. I wasn't at first, but now I am solidly of the school of thought that it's all now just a focus on what will make the OWL fun to watch and rake in the tens-of-millions.
02/19/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Kawagima
2 years.

Meanwhile they say they have been fighting toxicity...

And then I wonder if they knew how much less toxicity we would have if we had tools to find like-minded people built in the game...

Only been looking at how to improve OWL.
Fail.
Honestly I am contemplating creating a clan to run comp with now because of this post
No it's purely on blizzard.
There are clans out their already. I belong to one (Tactical Gaming), and my Overwatch experience has improved dramatically. We are always looking for new players of all skill levels on all platforms. Look us up if you are curious.
This needs to be implemented in game. It would be so beneficial to have guilds/clans.
Hey righthere, can you give any information on how you started and maintain it?
02/19/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Ductvader
Hey righthere, can you give any information on how you started and maintain it?
Discord server, possibly a website.

And self promotion
(just guessing)
I wish the game allowed for me to join a guild and play against other guilds. That level of competitiveness would be fun. As a tank main, I like playing in a full group that is all communicating.