It's been 31 lootboxes since my last legendary

General Discussion
I used to be able to get a legendary every 10-12 lootboxes (approx). But now? It's taking forever & I've actually began to write down the contents of each lootbox I get as proof. I understand the algorithm may have needed a little tweak but this is just downright ridiculous. Few days ago bought 11 lootboxes because I'd been on a no legendary streak so I though it had to be among those 11 crates... except that I got nothing and I've continued to get nothing to this day.

It's seriously frustrating and I don't wanna buy lootboxes anymore because what's the POINT if i don't have guaranteed legendaries? That was the fun part about buying them - KNOWING you had those guaranteed yellows. But with these changes, I just don't wanna do it anymore. What's the damn point. I just end up feeling frustrated and robbed.
that is terrible luck.

please don't think it is anything more than that.
It's RNG, never expect anything. This is how Blizzard is making their money, and how so many other companies are making money, because people are simply daft enough to actually throw large sums of money for digital goods that they simply have a chance of getting, no guaruntee at all, if people stopped spending, these horrible practices in the games industry will die, but unfortunately, people have more money than brain cells.
According to Blizzard, the chances of getting a legendary are 1 in every 13.5 boxes. You'll get one soon. Never give up hope.
02/19/2018 02:50 PMPosted by prizim
that is terrible luck.

please don't think it is anything more than that.

Well what ever it is, it sure as shoot won't make us buy more loot boxes.
02/19/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Rawwberry
According to Blizzard, the chances of getting a legendary are 1 in every 13.5 boxes. You'll get one soon. Never give up hope.

I've been playing this game since the release and long before they published the official drop rates, i actually calculated them ymself from data I'd gathered over the first few months of playing. I got roughly the same number. I'm almost lvl 1100 now and I am just now noticing that the algorithm MUST HAVE changed again. I swear I'm not delusional. If I didn't think something was ODD, i wouldn't have made this thread.
02/19/2018 02:53 PMPosted by CaptainLola
02/19/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Rawwberry

I've been playing this game since the release and long before they published the official drop rates, i actually calculated them ymself from data I'd gathered over the first few months of playing. I got roughly the same number. I'm almost lvl 1100 now and I am just now noticing that the algorithm MUST HAVE changed again. I swear I'm not delusional. If I didn't think something was ODD, i wouldn't have made this thread.

Your sample size of a few hundred loot boxes compared to the billions that have been created makes you think the algorithm changed? That's not how statistics works.
Blizzard/Activision thanks you for your $, and hopes you keep trying your luck.
02/19/2018 02:48 PMPosted by CaptainLola
It's seriously frustrating and I don't wanna buy lootboxes anymore because what's the POINT if i don't have guaranteed legendaries? That was the fun part about buying them - KNOWING you had those guaranteed yellows. But with these changes, I just don't wanna do it anymore. What's the damn point. I just end up feeling frustrated and robbed.

Since when were legendaries guaranteed because you bought lootboxes except for stuff like the golden twitch promo?

I got Mercy's Lunar legendary skin in my very first lunar lootbox and it was free. I've gotten multiple legendaries in a handful of lootboxes and then garbage for weeks. It's not a conspiracy. It's just RNG.
With high probability at least one person will get an unusually small number of legendaries, unfortunately.
Just thought I'd leave some maths here as it's probability...
assuming the 1 in 13.5 boxes you have a probability of get X number of boxes without golds as follows...
10 46.32%
20 21.45%
30 9.94%
31 9.20%
40 4.60%
50 2.13%
60 0.99%

As can be seen with 31 lootboxes you have a 9.2% chance of not receiving a legendary item. If in all your lootboxes you've never had this happen until now then you have been lucky.
Has it occurred to you that maybe you just have gotten most of the legendaries already? Because since they changed it so we don't get dupes as much anymore.

Also, we've never had guaranteed legendaries from buying boxes, which makes me think this is bait.