The Reasoning Behind Doomfist's Buff Makes No Sense

PTR Feedback
The buff:
02/14/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Josh Engen
Ammo recovery rate increased from 0.8 seconds to 0.65 seconds per bullet

The reasoning written for the buff doesn't make sense for the buff doomfist has received. I just don't understand how one is related to another.

This is the reasoning:
This change will help Doomfist more consistently be able to use his weapon as part of his combos

I, as a doomfist player, don't understand how faster reload makes it more consistent. I just don't.

When i use my E M1 Shift M1x3 combo, there isn't a downtime of .65 seconds between any of my shots, i don't see how this helps this combo.

There is another combo, RP for mobility in, shift, M1 two or 3 times, E out while you are still in the air. Again, there is no downtime of .65 in this case, between any of the shots.

The only case where it actually helps, is when you shoot before you go in, you shoot 3-4 times and then charge the RP or E in, and by the time you are about to shoot again, you will maybe reload one more bullet than usual.
And i say maybe because it saves .6s recharge time for charging back 4 bullets, which isn't enough to reload even one more bullet with the buffed reload time,
it is like 90% of a bullet

But that's before any combos. And the reasoning was to help make using the weapon during combos... more consistent? what? how?

It also can help after you combo someone and get out, to shoot from afar, you will reload a bit faster and shoot a bit more while you wait for your skills to come back from CD, but this again does not help the combos themselves.

=========================================
I welcome any buff on doomfist at this point, but i have no clue how -
This change will help Doomfist more consistently be able to use his weapon as part of his combos

- is related to his reload recovery time buff from .8 to .65.

I just don't understand this. There is no way in which it helps him use his weapon more CONSISTENTLY AS A PART OF HIS COMBOS. It just doesn't help. It helps anywhere but in his combos.

For the given reasoning, this buff is absolutely pointless and doesn't help the part it tries to help.
But that's before any combos. And the reasoning was to help make using the weapon during combos... more consistent? what? how?

For people who play Genji main but have to switch to Doomfist

Genji standard combo for mid range - primary fire/dash+rchold/mele ,turn jump, RC.
Got to love how the Devs change the only properly functional part of his kit rather then his inconsistent abilities
02/19/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Olgilvie
Got to love how the Devs change the only properly functional part of his kit rather then his inconsistent abilities

is like when your car is out of gas and they want to fix it by changing the tires
They probably just buffed him slightly to shut the Doomfist mains up for the time being .
02/20/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Rightwardsky
They probably just buffed him slightly to shut the Doomfist mains up for the time being .

Pretty sure it’s this. They are probably thinking “well we ‘buffed’ him. Now we don’t have to look at him for another half a year”