Don't get mad at me for not working around the One Trick

Competitive Discussion
It's not my job to work around a one-trick. I can compromise but when I know for a face they're not going to reciprocate then I have absolutely no obligation.

When I'm doing well as dps, it's not my job to switch to counter someone that's countering the one trick.

It's not my job as a healer to keep them up if they're being constantly countered. I'll prioritise my healing where it's actually going to make a difference, they get last dibs because they're probably going to die anyways.

If I tank I'm not their personal shield.

I'm under the same obligation to work around them as they are to work around me, zero.
You're never obligated to do anything in this game. There are however optimal decisions you can make to help you win.
By all means - You're a free person.
Noone is forcing you to win a match.
Feel free to lose your own matches.
It's your SR we're talking about here.
Do whatever you like with that as long as it's within the code of conduct.

I'm not going to question your wise decisions.
You're right about everything except this :
02/13/2018 07:19 PMPosted by FrozenCanuck
I'll prioritise my healing where it's actually going to make a difference, they get last dibs because they're probably going to die anyways.

You don't have to play around the one-trick, but you do have to play with them.
you can make that decision if you want, all it means is that you personally will end up with a lower sr than your deserved skill rank. You will have a negligible impact on the one tricks and a significant impact on yourself, becuase only you are experiencing the outcome of your lack of teamplay consistently.
You typically don't have to work around. You just need to not rage and throw the game, they know what they're doing and are probably playing their character better than you are. Most people that main heroes are working around you and your inept ability to play multiple characters that you have a lack of experience on. Ex: Tanks that don't position correctly.
i mean sure, but if you want to win you should do all within your power as a person who is willing to swap. if youre unwilling to swap then doesnt that make you as much a problem? also i pretty much 1 trick myself, i always tell people to play what they feel good at, and it usually works out okay as long as its stuff they play.