I hope hero 27 is a Tracer counter.

General Discussion
I main DVa and used to play her incredibly defensively. More like an actual tank and peeler than an aggressive kill machine. With DM at 4 seconds, I could successfully protect my entire team even from a skilled tracer. Now with DM down to 2 seconds (and yet the same lengthy cd as her 4 second one), that isn't possible.

Mei can't freeze her with blinks.
I've seen her blink right after hooks hit.
I've seen her blink out of flashbangs too.
Apparently she's immune to favor the shooter and the only thing that will certainly kill her is her not paying attention to junk traps or who should have ult.

There is a tracer in literally every match I play. And she's basically the only hero without a hard counter (minus the new sombra and mccree with his INCREDIBLY buggy flashbang). Even genji has symm and Winston and moira.
With all changes coming around, we don’t even need #27 anymore lol
Isn't hero 26 a good enough one?
You guys know there will be a new hero next month or so (maybe 2 months), right?
Immune to favor the shooter, really?
Mei will slow tracer for longer, forcing her to blink more often to avoid getting headshot. Also, since Sombra's hack is faster to complete, Tracer will be even more powerless against it.
Sombra buffs are coming. She's going to be a legit Tracer counter. Whether she becomes so dominant overall that she replaces Tracer on the firing line is yet to be seen, but regardless, she's going to be the answer to "Tracer has no counters" so we really don't need 27 to specifically counter Tracer. If it does, it does. Just not an urgent need any longer.
The problem with the sombra buff, though, is that she's becoming a counter to everyone, not just Tracer. And if shes a counter to everyone, she'll be countering the easier to hit targets, like tanks and supports. Zen will basically become useless, but tracer won't.

I also did say "minus the new sombra" :P
I'm definitely excited to try the mew Mei, but I'll have to wait since I'm on console (which also makes tracer harder to counter because the time it takes to turn 360 is slower).
02/14/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Kendragon
The problem with the sombra buff, though, is that she's becoming a counter to everyone, not just Tracer. And if shes a counter to everyone, she'll be countering the easier to hit targets, like tanks and supports. Zen will basically become useless, but tracer won't.

Which is why I feel like she's about to take Tracer and Genji's place on the firing line. Only time will tell.
Zen is useless when he got hacked with his 75hp left or so
02/14/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Gunakor

Which is why I feel like she's about to take Tracer and Genji's place on the firing line. Only time will tell.

Then she'll need the direct counter, haha. Half joking.

I do think it'd be neat if sombras could hack over each other, but that's a whole other topic.
it would be nice if certain stun abilities would interact differently with regards to tracers favor the shooter excpetions for blink, flash bang would be a good one to at least test it out with so that it still favors mccree even if tracer blinks

I'm definitely excited to try the mew Mei, but I'll have to wait since I'm on console (which also makes tracer harder to counter because the time it takes to turn 360 is slower).

She’s not a counter to everyone. She lacks burst potential compared to most of the roster. She will be annoyance to a lot but 1v1 will be pretty fair across the majority.
02/14/2018 11:41 PMPosted by GildTesoro

She’s not a counter to everyone. She lacks burst potential compared to most of the roster. She will be annoyance to a lot but 1v1 will be pretty fair across the majority.

I know she wont be a hard counter to everyone. I should have specified and said soft counter (is that why I have downvotes for that post?). My bad. With communication and a good team though, she'll be deadly.
If Hanzo's proposed volley ability goes through, it'll definitely be a candidate for Tracer's worst nightmare. Spammy 80 damage arrows that can headshot, it's like Icicle spam only even more dangerous.
Just in general this game could use MUCH more characters. 27... Nah that is not EVEN close of enough for MOBA game in my opinion.
This is the same problem that comes up when people ask for a direct hard pharah counter...such a hero would only affect that one counter, and wouldn't have much application against the rest of the heroes. Someone whose whole kit is anti-fly or whose entire moveset is about stopping tracer's blink would be utterly useless fighting against other heroes.

Blizzard does not make heroes or abilities that only affect a single other hero, it has to be applicable to every one
I've been playing a lot of McCree lately, she's still very annoying, mostly cause the odds are always stacked against you, but I have improved at killing her.
Sombra will be the way. I'm tired of trying with McCree and his complete trash stun which most of times puts her behind me.
However I been playing more Mei and man the headshots delete her so.. often!!
02/15/2018 12:03 AMPosted by athena
This is the same problem that comes up when people ask for a direct hard pharah counter...such a hero would only affect that one counter, and wouldn't have much application against the rest of the heroes. Someone whose whole kit is anti-fly or whose entire moveset is about stopping tracer's blink would be utterly useless fighting against other heroes.

Blizzard does not make heroes or abilities that only affect a single other hero, it has to be applicable to every one

You have soldier, mcree, widow, and dva for pharah. She doesnt need a hard counter specifically for her flying kit since other heroes can meet her half way.

When I say I want a hero that can counter Tracer, I'm talking slow, stun, creating physical barriers (though I know from mei wall experience that that gets very annoying for your own team very fast). Those would counter tracer well, but not directly focus in on her blink skill.