Overwatch Racing Mode Ideas!

General Discussion
There should be an Arcade Racing mode that involves Rein, D.Va and Lucio that features Drag Racing, Air Racing, and Jet Se-- I mean Speed Skating respectively.

• Drag Racing could feature infinite Charge on a grand speedway
  • Air Racing could feature infinite boosters and flying through rings that boost your speed while maneuvering through obstacles like buildings and falling rocks, etc.
  • Speed Skating could feature Amp It Up as a speed boost power-up feature and include a bunch of walls to wall-ride, rails to grind on, and jump pads to bounce off of.
  • I'd play the absolute hell out of that Arcade mode.
    (1001 post hype!)
    This is sounds like fun! What about Tracer, though? She’s also a good contender for the race. Congrats on reaching 1001 posts!

Chinese New Year’s Cheers,
    - PyroPanda
    02/16/2018 01:46 PMPosted by PyroPanda
    This is sounds like fun! What about Tracer, though? She’s also a good contender for the race. Congrats on reaching 1001 posts!

Chinese New Year’s Cheers,
    - PyroPanda

Hmm, The only thing I can think of is making a gap jump race using her blinks to clear large gaps. Think of it as EXTREME HURDLE RACING.
    OOH, OOH. I just thought of another one.

Winston Leap/Climb racing!
    They have to race to the top of a Mountain or Skyscraper (Bonus points if you caught the ref~) using Jump Pack on low CD and hidden jump pads.
    02/16/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Vex

They have to race to the top of a Mountain or Skyscraper (Bonus points if you caught the ref~) using Jump Pack on low CD and hidden jump pads.

I’m immediately thinking of King Kong when I saw “Winston Leap/Climb racing”! XD

Yup, caught the reference! Did you brrrrrring me a bonus point?

Ooh, hold on! What about Genji? He can prolly have Swift Strike on no-cooldown, but every Genji can move faster when he has ult? What about something to do with Pharah?

CNY Cheers,
    - PyroPanda
    02/16/2018 02:09 PMPosted by PyroPanda
    02/16/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Vex

I’m immediately thinking of King Kong when I saw “Winston Leap/Climb racing”! XD

Yup, caught the reference! Did you brrrrrring me a bonus point?

Ooh, hold on! What about Genji? He can prolly have Swift Strike on no-cooldown, but every Genji can move faster when he has ult? What about something to do with Pharah?

CNY Cheers,
    - PyroPanda
    Bonus point awarded.
    There are way too many mobile heroes in this game X_X

Sadly Pharah's a bit too slow on the horizontal movement, so she may be able to compete vertically with Winston...maybe.

Genji's going to have to do a parkour race. Think Spiderman games but without the web slinging. ;D
    *Evil Smirk* By the way to increase the difficulty, these could be Elimination based modes, like F-Zero or Fast RMX. This ain't your typical Mario Kart!
    If you fall off or take too much damage, you're out! See you in the next round!
    I mean, Lucio would be like the only character that would be good for racing. create a looped or point to point map will wall riding sections and bottomless pits, and turn on player collisions. Disable primary fire, and healing, and let him boop others. Its like a setup for chaos all things considered, but a pretty fun race seeing as lucio's movement has the highest skill ceiling in the game.
    It depends on players to be smart about when they amp, with sections of the map made up of vertical walls that divide a path so that lucio can jump between wall to wall, but also flat sections for players to race side by side.
    02/16/2018 02:55 PMPosted by JinxedEye
    I mean, Lucio would be like the only character that would be good for racing. create a looped or point to point map will wall riding sections and bottomless pits, and turn on player collisions. Disable primary fire, and healing, and let him boop others. Its like a setup for chaos all things considered, but a pretty fun race seeing as lucio's movement has the highest skill ceiling in the game.
    It depends on players to be smart about when they amp, with sections of the map made up of vertical walls that divide a path so that lucio can jump between wall to wall, but also flat sections for players to race side by side.
    Yes! That's exactly the way I envisioned it.

Also, they could change Lucio's ult to how they did for Lucio Ball to add more speed to it. 1 per race seems fair.