I can not play 1 game of Overwatch without getting abused

Competitive Discussion
Every single game is the same thing. Regardless of if I do good or bad, there are always people flaming me.

Whether I play Widow or Hanzo or Tracer -- it doesn't matter. I just want to enjoy the game but every match I just get verbally abused.

Because of this I've turned off game chat and voice chat.

I love Overwatch and the competitive game mode, but what am I supposed to do when every single game I play, I just get attacked by my own team?
Let me guess you generally are alive when the point was lost. Unfortunately, its the nature of random grouping. If your not touching the point, regardless of whether you do good or bad you will get griefed because you weren't there. Its the same for any ranged or tp character and why solo queuing doesn't work well most of the time.
I'm going to admit it, I've have been that person the verbally abuses people. But I do also know a way to get rid of people like me. MUTE THEM. if they are nice don't, but if they are do it ASAP. (btw just for reference, I don't do it unless they throw the game) It can help your mentality. Or just play with friends who AREN'T toxic.
Whether I play [names a few heroes with highest skill cap in the game...]

might have found yer problem right there, yep =] if you were not doing well, then yeah you might have ppl saying something to you, perhaps rightfully so. if you were pulling your weight, then by all means, mention your stats right before hitting P and muting them, and move on with life =D
Just a suggestion but if you stop playing your 1.6 elims per life hanzo I'm sure the toxicity would decrease. :(
02/17/2018 12:14 AMPosted by GhostSpartan
It can help your mentality.

How verbally abusing someone can help your mentality i have no idea. Its bullying at its low point and doesn't help anyone in anyway, not even yourself.
02/17/2018 01:05 AMPosted by EvilPenguins
02/17/2018 12:14 AMPosted by GhostSpartan
It can help your mentality.

How verbally abusing someone can help your mentality i have no idea. Its bullying at its low point and doesn't help anyone in anyway, not even yourself.

The person doing the bullying in this case would be the thrower holding everyones SR hostage though?
02/16/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Dayr
Every single game is the same thing. Regardless of if I do good or bad, there are always people flaming me.

Whether I play Widow or Hanzo or Tracer -- it doesn't matter. I just want to enjoy the game but every match I just get verbally abused.

Because of this I've turned off game chat and voice chat.

I love Overwatch and the competitive game mode, but what am I supposed to do when every single game I play, I just get attacked by my own team?

Well, you're using classes that are played good on a high competition level. I doubt you're higher than 3500 rating, so play for the team, and not for yourself, you have 5 partners, you are not alone, and Hanzo, Widow or Tracer don't help unless you're really good with them. You can practice in quick play tho.