What exactly is "The Iris"

General Discussion
Title
Zen's type-to-speech had a typo
The colored part of the eye that contracts and expands to control the amount of light that enters the pupil.
02/18/2018 03:58 AMPosted by DarthWalrus
The colored part of the eye that contracts and expands to control the amount of light that enters the pupil.

thank u

It is also a dyslexic Islamic terrorist group.
Sauron's 3rd cousin twice removed for not being evil enough and favoring good guy Zen and not evil guy Maximilian.

They are filled with hatred and vengeance in Reaper's case, forsaken by the light, twisted by sorrow, reborn in ashes of wrath.
It's the Omnic version of heaven, I think.
Gaze gaze gaze
02/18/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Elma

It is also a dyslexic Islamic terrorist group.

Extremist Group*
02/18/2018 04:03 AMPosted by MrSinister
Gaze gaze gaze
overwatch's second lgbt hero confirmed
02/18/2018 04:39 AMPosted by Xian396
02/18/2018 04:03 AMPosted by MrSinister
Gaze gaze gaze
overwatch's second lgbt hero confirmed
Trans genji confirmed /s
You can make a religion out of this!
It seems to be the Omnics' version of higher power. It could also be potentially related to the group that hacked Sombra.

I have a headcanon that the Iris (or the eye) might have a connection to the storm that Mei has been studying/tracking.

Literally the eye of the storm. It's possible it has something to do with the Omnics.
02/18/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Luca
Extremist Group*

Are you god damned kidding me? You're trying to whitewash them?
Your third eye. Enlightenment.
We need more lore on the iris.
The Iris I think is a God AI in charge of a global conspiracy. The same Sombra encountered and the same behind the Omnic Wars.

They had to have introduced all of those little plot threads for a reason.
Nobody really knows. It could be a religion or a type of spirit that surrounds beings and the omincs worship it in an effort to expand their consciousness to show they are like human. It could also be a god AI like the Anubis god AI that could either be evil and be manipulating the omincs into starting a new crisis or could be good and helping restore peace between humans and omincs
Evil