Moira shouldn't be able to dive Zenyatta solo

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
02/18/2018 09:34 AMPosted by IxREQUIEMx
Zenyatta gets destroyed by Genji, Sombra, Tracer and every Tank going in 1v1 but apparently Moira is too much for you?

I suggest getting better at aiming.

The issue isn't my aim.

The issue is that Moira's kit gives her an inherent advantage in a 1v1 with him.

If I can snipe a Mercy out of the sky then nail the Pharah with 3 shots consistently then my aim is far from the issue here.

The biggest issue I have with Moira is she's supposed to be a hero that defends herself against being dived, but she also is one of the strongest dive heroes in the game.
02/18/2018 07:03 AMPosted by SilverKnight
I’m sorry but if you cannot kill Moira with Zen then you need to work on your aim
I've played against top Zenyattas already and theres likely no chance to survive a Moira if she's coming for you. just to point it out. I've never lost a 1v1 vs a Zenyatta.
02/18/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Luca
<span class="truncated">...</span>What the !@#$ is wrong with console, just because you can’t hit 2 orbs on a character doesn’t mean that she needs to be changed

3 Orbs*

Console has aim assist, you can't talk about aim when you've got the game practically playing itself on there.

So now it’s easy to aim on console? Doesn’t everybody else say the exact opposite and is why they much prefer PC? It’s funny how people’s point of view always changes to fit the situation
02/18/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Cr0ssfad3
So now it’s easy to aim on console? Doesn’t everybody else say the exact opposite and is why they much prefer PC? It’s funny how people’s point of view always changes to fit the situation

It's easier to aim on console but PC has a higher skill ceiling. Console has a much lower skill floor.

Unless you're talking with AA off, in which case console still has a lower ceiling but the skill floor goes up drastically.
02/18/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Luca
02/18/2018 09:34 AMPosted by IxREQUIEMx
Zenyatta gets destroyed by Genji, Sombra, Tracer and every Tank going in 1v1 but apparently Moira is too much for you?

I suggest getting better at aiming.

The issue isn't my aim.

The issue is that Moira's kit gives her an inherent advantage in a 1v1 with him.

If I can snipe a Mercy out of the sky then nail the Pharah with 3 shots consistently then my aim is far from the issue here.

The biggest issue I have with Moira is she's supposed to be a hero that defends herself against being dived, but she also is one of the strongest dive heroes in the game.

So because Moira is difficult to kill by being able to adequately defend herself that means she's a dive hero? I don't think so. Her best mobility move lasts 0.8 seconds.

Zenyatta is the easiest hero in the game to eliminate by the majority of the roster furthermore it's a team game 6v6 not 1v1. So it's a bit disingenuous to suggest Moira is OP because she can deal with Zen in a 1v1 situation because so can everybody else.
02/18/2018 10:00 AMPosted by IxREQUIEMx
So because Moira is difficult to kill by being able to adequately defend herself that means she's a dive hero? I don't think so. Her best mobility move lasts 0.8 seconds.

Zenyatta is the easiest hero in the game to eliminate by the majority of the roster furthermore it's a team game 6v6 not 1v1. So it's a bit disingenuous to suggest Moira is OP because she can deal with Zen in a 1v1 situation because so can everybody else.

Moira has the advantage in a duel with every squishy hero in the game.

It doesn't matter if they dive on her or she dives on them, she always has the advantage.
People saying Moira is easy to kill as Zenyatta are a little ridiculous. Zenyatta rarely wins in any 1v1 situation if both players have equal skill.
02/18/2018 07:13 AMPosted by SilverKnight
<span class="truncated">...</span>

3 Orbs*

Console has aim assist, you can't talk about aim when you've got the game practically playing itself on there.
1 headshot 1 body shot but you can’t aim so don’t play Zen.
Plus it’s much easier to aim on pc

you clearly don't know about the game either, zenyatta discord headshots do about 120, and body shots do about 60.
crit (46x1.3x2) body shot (46x1.3).
next time you insult someone atleast be correct in what you are posting.
and you even imply that pc is easier XD.
Why do people think it's easier to aim on Console with 2 sticks because of aim assist? It's a laughable myth. Mouse is so superior that there is no comparison.
Do people seem to forget if she solo orbs you and right clicks you your dead in literally 2 seconds as a 200 hp hero with no self sustain or escape options. Moira is fine though right? Orb damage clearly is the problem. Reduce the dps on orb and lower max damage to 100 and then have it contribute to healing meter or alternatively lower the CD (but that might hurt her healing.
02/18/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Cutiepie
02/18/2018 07:03 AMPosted by SilverKnight
I’m sorry but if you cannot kill Moira with Zen then you need to work on your aim
I've played against top Zenyattas already and theres likely no chance to survive a Moira if she's coming for you. just to point it out. I've never lost a 1v1 vs a Zenyatta.
poor guy you are just gm on pc. let the console gold players speak the truth and hear them.
Do people seem to forget if she solo orbs you and right clicks you your dead in literally 2 seconds as a 200 hp hero with no self sustain or escape options. Moira is fine though right? Orb damage clearly is the problem. Reduce the dps on orb and lower max damage to 100 and then have it contribute to healing meter or lower the CD (but that might hurt her healing.
So basically like 2~3 heroes? Because very few squishy heroes outside of Ana and Zen lack escape options/ sustain. It's called a counter.
02/18/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Zwei
Do people seem to forget if she solo orbs you and right clicks you your dead in literally 2 seconds as a 200 hp hero with no self sustain or escape options. Moira is fine though right? Orb damage clearly is the problem. Reduce the dps on orb and lower max damage to 100 and then have it contribute to healing meter or lower the CD (but that might hurt her healing.
So basically like 2~3 heroes? Because very few squishy heroes outside of Ana and Zen lack escape options/ sustain. It's called a counter.

Ah. So it's fair for Moira to counter every non tank hero in the game.
*cough* Tfw the second a new hero comes out all the yelling for nerfs will go to that hero.

But in all seriousness, it seems to be a trend that NEW HERO = NERF PLEZ and either one of two things happen;
a. The hero gets nerfed like Doomfist or Orisa to a lesser extent.
b. The hero remains overall the same, or even buffed in the instance of Sombra (remember when everyone said upon her debut that hack was op?)

Though in the end, the recurring cycle of new heroes being nerfed mighta made an environment where if a hero HASN'T been nerfed, the community just doesn't wrap its head around the idea said hero is balanced. Just my thoughts on the matter though.
02/18/2018 10:32 AMPosted by SpaceCocaine
Though in the end, the recurring cycle of new heroes being nerfed mighta made an environment where if a hero HASN'T been nerfed, the community just doesn't wrap its head around the idea said hero is balanced. Just my thoughts on the matter though.

Or maybe, just maybe, they released a genuinely overtuned hero for once but didn't nerf them down early on because they were still outclassed by a blatantly OP one.
What !??! You can't kill moira with zen ? ??!
You are joking right ???!!?
I knew you are joking !
hey , It still far from april fool you know .
02/18/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Kreiss
What !??! You can't kill moira with zen ? ??!
You are joking right ???!!?
I knew you are joking !
hey , It still far from april fool you know .

That's almost as stupid as someone saying "You can't kill Bastion as WINSTON?! You must be joking"
02/18/2018 10:32 AMPosted by SpaceCocaine
*cough* Tfw the second a new hero comes out all the yelling for nerfs will go to that hero.

But in all seriousness, it seems to be a trend that NEW HERO = NERF PLEZ and either one of two things happen;
a. The hero gets nerfed like Doomfist or Orisa to a lesser extent.
b. The hero remains overall the same, or even buffed in the instance of Sombra (remember when everyone said upon her debut that hack was op?)

when the hero is clearly the best on his class he needs a small nerf to be in line with the others. df on realease was easy mode on attack. his hitbox was broken af. orisa is better now and she is clearly not the go-to tank for every scenario.
02/18/2018 10:24 AMPosted by pkersinc
Do people seem to forget if she solo orbs you and right clicks you your dead in literally 2 seconds as a 200 hp hero with no self sustain or escape options. Moira is fine though right? Orb damage clearly is the problem.

Zenyatta should never be in a position where a Moira orb only hits him for full damage.

The only way i imagine this happening in a real game is if the Zen in question is in a really tight space for the orb to bounce and isolated from his team, in which case most heroes can kill him in 1v1, and a lot faster than 2 seconds.