Moira shouldn't be able to dive Zenyatta solo

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
I don't know which is worse.

A Zen who can't kill Moira or a Moira that dives into the enemy team...
02/18/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Saint
02/18/2018 10:24 AMPosted by pkersinc
Do people seem to forget if she solo orbs you and right clicks you your dead in literally 2 seconds as a 200 hp hero with no self sustain or escape options. Moira is fine though right? Orb damage clearly is the problem.


Zenyatta should never be in a position where a Moira orb only hits him for full damage.

The only way i imagine this happening in a real game is if the Zen in question is in a really tight space for the orb to bounce and isolated from his team, in which case most heroes can kill him in 1v1, and a lot faster than 2 seconds.


Orb only needs to hit him for 100.

Which isn't unlikely since it slows down while latched onto him.
Unkoe would be disapointed in you.
02/18/2018 08:56 AMPosted by PsychoPuff
Zen can't win.
And a MAIN HEALER should not be able to FLANK.

Utter nonsense, I’ve destroyed Moiras time and time again as Zen.
Also a flanking Moira is usually doomed, and taking her team with her.
Let me clarify.

Moira is easy to beat in a gunfight where it's simply Zen and Moira see eachother and begin clicking.

The issue is when Moira dives ontop of Zenyatta which gives her the advantage, there's no reason for her to have an advantage defending against a flank and also having an advantage when flanking herself.
02/18/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Luca
02/18/2018 07:13 AMPosted by SilverKnight
1 headshot 1 body shot but you can’t aim so don’t play Zen.
Plus it’s much easier to aim on pc


1 headshot 1 bodyshot does 138 damage...

Easier to aim based on hardware, but when you've got aim assist doing half the work for you, you can't pretend it's not easy on console.


I’d like to see you do it.

Lol he’s just salty because we don’t have trouble killing Moira’s
02/18/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Tuwiki
02/18/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Luca
...

1 headshot 1 bodyshot does 138 damage...

Easier to aim based on hardware, but when you've got aim assist doing half the work for you, you can't pretend it's not easy on console.


I’d like to see you do it.

Lol he’s just salty because we don’t have trouble killing Moira’s


Go on, turn off your aim assist and pick Zenyatta, I'd love to see how you fare when a Moira dives you.
> Moira solodives Zenyatta
> Second support is next to Zenyatta, to deter flankers and keeps him topped off
> Moira dies to orb volley from Zenyatta because she has no more escape tool
> Proceed to nuke the enemy team while they are down a main healer who decided to be a dumbdumb and pretend she can dive and left them without heals


Or better one.

> Moira dives Zenyatta
> Friendly Dva dives the moira and annihilates an out of position healer
> Proceed to nuke enemy team again

> Moira dives zenyatta who is still magically alone like second supports don't exist
> Roadhog turns around and hooks her and ohkos her


> Moira dives zen for the 4th time like it might work this time around
> Gets flashbanged by Mccree who's on guard duty just to bait the moira and she dies instantly


This isn't FFA boys and girls. Moira out of all things should not be flanking your healers and get away with it. And Zenyatta can and will be able to solo a Moira if he has remotely good aim.

But then again, if you guys let genji and tracer walk past your team and annihilate your supports despite being called out, then I guess Moira is extremely OP and needs to be nerfed lol.

Anyone on this game can flank, Moira is not somehow more exceptional just because she has good mobility on 6 second cd. She just lacks the burst to confirm any kills before enemy team counters her actions unlike say... Zenyatta.

Also, this game is not balanced around console players nor their aim.
...

3 Orbs*

Console has aim assist, you can't talk about aim when you've got the game practically playing itself on there.

You know that's not how aim assist works.
And I'm a PC player, but Silver has the point.
And if you play on PC....try to play a shooter on console.....good luck.


Like legit, sure aim assist is a thing but I have huge respect for people who can aim on console. I played with a controller for like 2 minutes because it was soooo different.
I hate that Moira act like a flanker, she should heal the team
> Moira solodives Zenyatta
> Second support is next to Zenyatta, to deter flankers and keeps him topped off
> Moira dies to orb volley from Zenyatta because she has no more escape tool
> Proceed to nuke the enemy team while they are down a main healer who decided to be a dumbdumb and pretend she can dive and left them without heals

Or better one.

> Moira dives Zenyatta
> Friendly Dva dives the moira and annihilates an out of position healer
> Proceed to nuke enemy team again

> Moira dives zenyatta who is still magically alone like second supports don't exist
> Roadhog turns around and hooks her and ohkos her

> Moira dives zen for the 4th time like it might work this time around
> Gets flashbanged by Mccree who's on guard duty just to bait the moira and she dies instantly


Explain how any of this is supposed to happen in a scenario where your team is on the point and you're where you should be, further back, like inbetween the bridge and choke on Anubis B for example
Out of all the characters you could've chose, you chose Zen. Zen can two shot Moira
From the sounds of things around here, I don't think the problem is Moira, if you're gonna argue about this being unfair, I feel like you should lean towards the argument of giving Zenyatta better tools to win the 1v1.

As many have pointed out, this situation shouldn't happen. If Moira is diving you in the back, your DPS/Tank whomever is with you should help you take care of her. In truth I understand Zenyatta is the poorer choice in most 1v1's but I wouldn't say that's the opposite heroes fault. I'm not gonna say if I think either need buffs or nerfs, but if this situation is occurring as often as it sounds I'd suggest trying another support against her.
02/18/2018 11:33 AMPosted by DpsMain69xD
Out of all the characters you could've chose, you chose Zen. Zen can two shot Moira


Even if theoretically Zen could land the 2 headshots consistently, it'd take 3 since Moira would fade the orb off herself after the first headshot and regen just enough to survive the next, at best you'd trade with her in that case since her orb would kill you.
02/18/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Luca


Explain how any of this is supposed to happen in a scenario where your team is on the point and you're where you should be, further back, like inbetween the bridge and choke on Anubis B for example


"Omg this Moira is flanking me or dived through my whole team and she's gonna take like 2 second at minimum to kill me if I stand still and don't have any cover or healthpacks, help plz"

*team proceeds to ignore moira on backline*
*zen dies*
*team somehow does not get any kills despite enemy team's main healer not healing*
*loses teamfight*


"Omg moira is so OP plz nerf"

If Zen is so easy to dive on the backline, one should send the actual dive dps to do the job properly and not the support who even in very best case scenario takes 2 seconds to kill anything. Soldier can demech a dva in below 2 seconds. Moira's damage is still utterly pathetic a Mercy could do it faster than she does.

Basically, you got thousands more problems than the Moira if your Zen is so ridiculously easy to flank, period.

And if your team is seriously not helping take down a priority target like a main healer who decides to go on her lonesome at your backlines to harrass their supports, then it's not a Moira fault, it's your teammates fault for being noobs.
02/18/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Cutiepie
02/18/2018 07:03 AMPosted by SilverKnight
I’m sorry but if you cannot kill Moira with Zen then you need to work on your aim
I've played against top Zenyattas already and theres likely no chance to survive a Moira if she's coming for you. just to point it out. I've never lost a 1v1 vs a Zenyatta.


Whether or not Moira is OP, I love how everyone is ignoring the high GM moira main who agrees with OP. Much easier to ignore when you can't strawman with their mains right?
02/18/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Luca
02/18/2018 10:00 AMPosted by IxREQUIEMx
So because Moira is difficult to kill by being able to adequately defend herself that means she's a dive hero? I don't think so. Her best mobility move lasts 0.8 seconds.

Zenyatta is the easiest hero in the game to eliminate by the majority of the roster furthermore it's a team game 6v6 not 1v1. So it's a bit disingenuous to suggest Moira is OP because she can deal with Zen in a 1v1 situation because so can everybody else.


Moira has the advantage in a duel with every squishy hero in the game.

It doesn't matter if they dive on her or she dives on them, she always has the advantage.


You do realise the best way of beating Moira is getting close and diving is essential in shutting Moira down.

Tracer, Sombra, Mccree, D.va, Winston, Doomfist, Reaper, Mei, Symmetra are excellent at this. Getting close is the key to shutting Moira down.
02/18/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Zwei
...So basically like 2~3 heroes? Because very few squishy heroes outside of Ana and Zen lack escape options/ sustain. It's called a counter.


Ah. So it's fair for Moira to counter every non tank hero in the game.
You can practically sit in biotic field on Soldier and kill her. And not to mention most heroes have an easy way of avoiding Moira orbs, but people are dumb enough to backpedal and let it deal full damage. Stupidity is not a right.
This forum is a joke lmao. You've got a GM Moira player right here saying that I'm correct, someone who has genuinely played against some of the best Zenyatta players on the ladder.

02/18/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Cutiepie
02/18/2018 07:03 AMPosted by SilverKnight
I’m sorry but if you cannot kill Moira with Zen then you need to work on your aim
I've played against top Zenyattas already and theres likely no chance to survive a Moira if she's coming for you. just to point it out. I've never lost a 1v1 vs a Zenyatta.


But instead they keep saying it's just my aim. If I somehow need aim better than players at 4300+, which is Top 500 on all servers, then I don't see how you can say that Zenyatta just needs good aim, since according to this player, who I'm more inclined to believe and the golds and plats here, they've never lost a duel to a Zenyatta.

But I guess those Zenyatta players in Top 500 just need to work on their aim too.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum