Moira shouldn't be able to dive Zenyatta solo

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 Next
the problem here is more that you've let a moira coming to close range to zen. Moira is excellent both as support and damage but at close range (easier to track and better control of the damage orb). While zen excel for its long range damage and suffer its lake of mobility at short range.

Your post is like saying that tracer shouldn't be able to came out alive of a dive on widow maker because widow is supposed to have the highest damage output.

well [widow/zen] can shot from afar and need some time to aim the shots while [moira/tracer] can adad while rougthly spraying.

Fight where you're at your best. (for zen at distance or near team mate.
02/18/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Luca
02/18/2018 07:13 AMPosted by SilverKnight
1 headshot 1 body shot but you can’t aim so don’t play Zen.
Plus it’s much easier to aim on pc

1 headshot 1 bodyshot does 138 damage...

Easier to aim based on hardware, but when you've got aim assist doing half the work for you, you can't pretend it's not easy on console.
Aiming with a mouse is easier than aiming with an analog stick, this isn't even a question. Autoaim doesn't even come close to making analogs feel like mice. People with amazing aim on consoles have my respect, honestly.
02/19/2018 01:41 AMPosted by Krikenemp
I play Zen on console and I’ve never feared Moira, 4 seconds is plenty of time to land enough shots even with thumb sticks. Also guess what !@#$%^-, you can disable aim assist on console and it’s actually a lot ****ing better without it. Maybe if you played more than you whined on the forums, you’d be better than a console pleb Zen main.

2 Seconds. You also have aim assist helping.

why do you think that aim assist AUTOMATICALLY CONFIRMS a confirmed shot. aim assist barely does anything and it even messes people up so people turn it off. and aim assist with a projectile is horrible, and i dont even need it. you discord moira and then say “ hey guys moira is discorded “ put two shots in and either someone else finishes her off or you melee her. not that hard, you just need better aim
02/19/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Luca
02/19/2018 02:49 AMPosted by go123452
Why is Zenyatta over there. He is literally asking to get scooped up. Thats a Zenyatta positioning issue

That's literally the most optimal position for Zenyatta on that point..

Sitting inbetween the bridge and choke point, off the objective...

EDIT: For clarification I'm talking about this spot.

https://youtu.be/DUkrWudYlw8?t=467

no its not, oh my you need some work
02/19/2018 07:03 AMPosted by LimeZest
02/19/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Luca

That's literally the most optimal position for Zenyatta on that point..

Sitting inbetween the bridge and choke point, off the objective...

EDIT: For clarification I'm talking about this spot.

https://youtu.be/DUkrWudYlw8?t=467

It's objectively the best position to be in while attacking that point.

Stop talking about a topic you evidently don't understand (Zenyatta positioning)

02/19/2018 07:01 AMPosted by LimeZest
you just need better aim

Aim isn't the issue at all. Stop pretending that aim is the answer to everything.
02/18/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Luca
02/18/2018 07:09 AMPosted by SilverKnight
...What the !@#$ is wrong with console, just because you can’t hit 2 orbs on a character doesn’t mean that she needs to be changed

3 Orbs*

Console has aim assist, you can't talk about aim when you've got the game practically playing itself on there.

And PC has Mouse and Mouse>aim assist.
02/18/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Luca
02/18/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Milecredible
If you’re being killed by Moira constantly by her beam, then maybe it’s because you’re in a bad position and you need to stay closer to you’re team. Or she’s the one out of position and is going to die in 3 seconds unless the rest of your teammates have no awareness whatsoever. The beam is useless against an entire team and the damage orb won’t do much either consisering that you have a second healer if one of the healers is zen, so if you’re getting absolutely destroyed by the enemy Moira, then you need to work on your in-game positioning.

My issue is that in the event Moira does take a 1v1 with Zenyatta, on Anubis B for example, Zenyatta's most optimal spot is the bridge/lane, off the point. If Moira decides to jump him while his team is on point she shouldn't have an inherent advantage in that 1v1, her kit gives her the advantage in almost any 1v1 she wants to take, besides against a tank hero.
Not really. Every time I had to 1v1 a Moira or Symmetra as Zen I never had too much of a problem against them. Remember that when the enemyare closer to you and you’re playing Zen, they’re easy to aim at.
If moira throws a damage orb at zen he's screwed, I don't know why people seem to think zen should come out ahead against her. Now if he sees her coming then yes you can blast her a couple times and probably win that, but if she just fades near/behind you and tosses an orb, she'll win that most of the time. Takes about half a second to burn a zen and he has no mobility at all. Unless you can insta-headshot a moira with zen I'd say she has the advantage in that matchup almost all the time as long as she's playing smart. Her orb will basically kill him all by itself

When playing moira even in GM (My moira is in all honesty fairly average) I rarely have trouble 1v1ing Zen's, unless it's a longrange fight where I can't use healing or damage orb. In that case yes he'll likely win but why would you be taking a fight like that at all.
02/18/2018 07:03 AMPosted by SilverKnight
I’m sorry but if you cannot kill Moira with Zen then you need to work on your aim

yea. i think so too.

besides that zen is also very easy to kill when he is low on ammo.

i had many situation when a tracer would go for me and i had only 3 bullets left.. its just an unlucky situation.
02/18/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Luca
I’m sorry but if you cannot kill Moira with Zen then you need to work on your aim

Says the person playing on console with aim assist and a 1.46 ED on Zenyatta.
no rank, no opinion
02/19/2018 07:55 AMPosted by B0nkers22

no rank, no opinion

Alt account

Main right here: https://prnt.sc/igpw1b
02/19/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Luca
...no rank, no opinion

Alt account

Main right here: https://prnt.sc/igpw1b

I refuse to believe someone within 100 SR of me is serious about this. Please tell me you are trolling.

It doesn't matter if Moira has an edge in a 1v1 against Zenyatta. Besides the fact it's very winnable for Zen, it's just not a situation to be concerned about. If the enemies main healer is diving your backline, ask for help and then enjoy the free win because the enemy doesn't have their main healer.

I mean !@#$, if she fades in on you to get the jump she can't even escape. If she doesn't fade in on you, she's going to have a real rough time closing the distance against zen.
02/19/2018 08:02 AMPosted by FriendlyFire
I mean !@#$, if she fades in on you to get the jump she can't even escape. If she doesn't fade in on you, she's going to have a real rough time closing the distance against zen.

Situations like Anubis B let Moira get on Zenyatta without using Fade.

If Moira has used Fade before engaging you or to engage you, she's easy to duel, if she doesn't dive ontop of you to start the duel then she's easier to kill. But my issue is the fact she's not only the best anti-flanker and defend herself when dived, but can also dive herself.

LOL. You didnt have a good rebuttal so you shat on his stats. Go back to crying OP
02/19/2018 08:11 AMPosted by MasterMedic

LOL. You didnt have a good rebuttal so you shat on his stats. Go back to crying OP

He didn't have a good argument either.

Why should I give a good rebuttal when he fails to give a good argument?

My aim was never the issue.

no rank, no opinion

lmao
funny is that a battle mercy can win almost everything and she never get nerfed for her damage lol
The best position for a zen, is to have no position. You have to constantly be moving, and constantly have an orb volley charging. You are best off staying hidden and unleashing charge shots from corners. I rarely use my primary fire, only for certain occasions. Some games, you need to play more defensive, thus putting you in the back, and some games you just do what Zen does best, kick !@# and chew bubblegum. And yes, Moira is very tough for Zen to kill. But damn does it feel good when you see her running with them chicken legs and then letting go a perfectly timed volley to the head.
02/19/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Luca
02/19/2018 07:03 AMPosted by LimeZest

Stop talking about a topic you evidently don't understand (Zenyatta positioning)

02/19/2018 07:01 AMPosted by LimeZest
you just need better aim

Aim isn't the issue at all. Stop pretending that aim is the answer to everything.

If your getting dove by Moira and aren’t good enough to take her out you should be closer to your team. Move to a point in between the arch and point and you still have full view of the point, your far enough back that you aren’t in the crush and there’s plenty of boxes an crap to break los an take cover.

Furthermore, Moira probably should be healing her team that’s trying to hold/push back on the point. A flanker or sniper will kill him much faster without leaving their team to die.

Perhaps this is a console issue in aiming quickly?
02/19/2018 11:57 PMPosted by Maxy
02/19/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Luca

If your getting dove by Moira and aren’t good enough to take her out you should be closer to your team. Move to a point in between the arch and point and you still have full view of the point, your far enough back that you aren’t in the crush and there’s plenty of boxes an crap to break los an take cover.

Furthermore, Moira probably should be healing her team that’s trying to hold/push back on the point. A flanker or sniper will kill him much faster without leaving their team to die.

Perhaps this is a console issue in aiming quickly?
hey man, you got me questioning whether "dove" should be used the way you used it. Thanks for the mind!@#$