Counter play is nonexistant

General Discussion
For a game that prides itself on diversity the meta is stale and perdictable.

When Genji and Tracer are the most picked dps heroes in the game. 2 heroes that are widely accepted to have no hard counters. It's like, how is Blizzard supposed to balance a game where 2 heroes dominate the whole game and any change suggestions are just obliterated? There is a reason Tracer had been good since the Open Beta. There is a reason why Tracer is run 67% of the time in OWL, but no changes will ever be made. Tracer and Genji are seen as the perfectly balanced heroes, so by that logic all the other dps are underpowered because they can never do as much as Tracer or Genji.

At this point who will win a match is based on who can have the better Tracer. If the enemey team has a Tracer main and you don't, you'll probably lose that game. The game is boring. I don't want to play it. This is why people leave games forever. Prominant issues are ignored and the game becomes stale, and skins wont be able to fix that.
Nice bait thread my doggie
Moira main omegalul
Is OP serious? I counterplay everyday. Its almost as important as playing with other players in this game.

I suppose you think thats nonexistant too.
It's a competitive game, so the best players are always going to play the best heroes, whoever they might be at any given time. Perfect balance is essentially impossible.
so does that mean that sleep dart doesn't exist?
Ever since I started playing Moira, my problems with Genji and Tracer have vanished.

My god, it's good to be able to chase those guys away! I've died to them helplessly for the better part of a year on Zen, Zarya, and Mercy. Tracer also destroys Winston, whom I normally take against Genjis.

But now with Moira, I finally feel safe. Thanks Blizzard!
A mei/moira main complaining about no counterplay to tracer/genji. Oh the irony.
02/18/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Dreathbeast
A mei/moira main complaining about no counterplay to tracer/genji. Oh the irony.

Yes because Mei doesn't have counters amiright?
What about a comp base around orisa/hog/mcree/junkrat/lucio/moira? This is what counter genji/tracer its called an anti-dive comp for a reason, nobody on that team is easy to kill for a tracer or a genji, the easiest is mcree who if helped by the lucio is gonna win 9/10 fight. If you want to counter play yes it is hard to do it if you're playing solo. But If you're playing with a team counter play exist, right now it is the time where the most comp have been viable at the same time. This means that there is always an answer to what an opponent is doing.
02/18/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Pulse
Moira main omegalul

Tracer main Hyperlul
02/18/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Quasar
For a game that prides itself on diversity the meta is stale and perdictable.

When Genji and Tracer are the most picked dps heroes in the game. 2 heroes that are widely accepted to have no hard counters. It's like, how is Blizzard supposed to balance a game where 2 heroes dominate the whole game and any change suggestions are just obliterated? There is a reason Tracer had been good since the Open Beta. There is a reason why Tracer is run 67% of the time in OWL, but no changes will ever be made. Tracer and Genji are seen as the perfectly balanced heroes, so by that logic all the other dps are underpowered because they can never do as much as Tracer or Genji.

At this point who will win a match is based on who can have the better Tracer. If the enemey team has a Tracer main and you don't, you'll probably lose that game. The game is boring. I don't want to play it. This is why people leave games forever. Prominant issues are ignored and the game becomes stale, and skins wont be able to fix that.

Weirdly (perhaps?) not a problem in Bronze.
Maybe your Moira aim is not that great but cmon, you can't kill or scare off a Gengu yet?
A captains draft may make OWL more interesting. Dota 2 does it.
You, my friend, need to play with a good Winston on your team ;)
When Blizzard comes to the harsh realization that they've failed to deliver a fun, fair and balanced game, and they begin working on fixing their lack of balance, perhaps then we will see not only counterplay, but also every character being playable, fun, fair, and balanced.

Until then, this game will forever be a toxic, flaming heap of garbage. Blizzard being oblivious to their own bad decision making is what made me quit playing. And I hope enough people follow suit, because I would like to see Overwatch actually become a better game... But it can never become better until we tear it down and start over fresh. Something Blizzard is refusing to do, since patting themselves on the back for making bad balance decisions and throwing more trash at us in lootboxes is apparently more important than a balanced game where everyone can play the character they enjoy instead of having their favorite characters nerfed into oblivion on a weekly basis.

Only time will tell if Blizzard finally catches on to their mistakes. The best way to make them realize the error of their ways, is to hurt their wallets, and to stop playing and paying. I urge anyone who is sick of Blizzard's incompetence as well, to stop giving them your money and your time.