Please Limit Placements to the 1st Month of Season

Competitive Discussion
Or increase the level cap for entering competitive.

I don't want to be matched with new players who don't know what to do in a competitive game. They'll autolock a high skill cap DPS hero, and just be completely useless for the whole game. Those games don't feel competitive at all, just a waste of time.
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>
02/18/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Anfanee
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>

I have an incredible amount of hours in this game compared to my time in Comp. mode. I didn't even start playing the Comp until around s6-7 and I owned it from day 1. I still haven't seen all the maps in the game to this day.

Look at my rank and my SR in comp. Don't judge someone just by their SR. Not all of us think Comp is the end all, be all, mecca of this game. I really just play mostly QP all of the time. Comp is full of meta slaves who are obsessed with youtube and twitch. Doesn't mean the others, like us, don't know the game and how it works. This isn't the first game we sunk 100+ hours into.
02/18/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Cheesecake
You're rank 1275 and complaining about new people playing/being bad? People doing placements are not the issue mate

Why does my rank matter? People complain about this issue from bronze to plat.

Rank matters because you are pointing out a skill issue with new players joining, implying that they are bringing the quality of your games down. I merely pointed out that can't be the case, because that rank is pretty much there for that reason. Even then you can't blame them for wanting to play the game. The system calculates where you should be placed, and is fairly accurate. You can have someone place straight into diamond, or into bronze... Skill tiers are a wonderful thing.

I had multiple people doing placement matches this week in my games. No issues there. Just because they are doing placement matches doesn't mean they are instantly bad. The system has put them at this rank for a reason, why shouldn't they be allowed to do their placements?
02/18/2018 07:18 PMPosted by AgtCooper
You're rank 1275 and complaining about new people playing/being bad? People doing placements are not the issue mate

I have an incredible amount of hours in this game compared to my time in Comp. mode. I didn't even start playing the Comp until around s6-7 and I owned it from day 1. I still haven't seen all the maps in the game to this day.

Look at my rank and my SR in comp. Don't judge someone just by their SR. Not all of us think Comp is the end all, be all, mecca of this game. I really just play mostly QP all of the time. Comp is full of meta slaves who are obsessed with youtube and twitch. Doesn't mean the others, like us, don't know the game and how it works. This isn't the first game we sunk 100+ hours into.

But we are not talking about QP are we... We are talking about comp...

Even then your initial placement games are based upon your QP MMR.... Sooooooo....
02/18/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Anfanee
Rank matters because you are pointing out a skill issue with new players joining, implying that they are bringing the quality of your games down.

All ranks complain about this, so my rank shouldn't matter. Believe it or not there are players in bronze that aren't complete trash. So, it's possible to have a new player play their placements in high bronze and be significantly worse than the rest of the team.

02/18/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Anfanee
why shouldn't they be allowed to do their placements?

I never said anyone wasn't allowed to do their placements. I said they should limit placements to the first month of the season.