Buff Reporting

Competitive Discussion
Ever since they made the feature that lets you know when your reports lead to a ban/suspension i had hoped to see the same trolls/leavers that i get paired with gone. But none of the hundreds of leavers/throwers I've reported have been banned. But you hear all about the pro's say one thing or do a small bm and BAN/SUSPENSION on the spot. Either I'm not being informed or there is nothing being done. Or does blizzard only care about the %1 aka the top 500 and pro's?
At least give me the ability to ban people from my matchmaking, so i never have to see them again.
This comes up time and again.

You cannot ban people from your matchmaking because people would simply abuse it to avoid skilled players.
Blizzard has banned false reporting before so i don't see an issue.
02/19/2018 04:22 PMPosted by BetaKuck
Blizzard has banned false reporting before so i don't see an issue.

So you admit to false reporting? People sending in hundreds of false reports is why the system is not working as it should. False reports clog the system and make blizzard second guess when someone isn't actually crying wolf. Report people who are actually throwing, not players who have low skill. Not players who pick characters you don't like, actual throwers. Otherwise you are the one breaking the rules and harassing people with false reports and you are the problem with the system. I get notifications for my reports often, because I don't cry wolf and I only report: leavers, throwers, and toxic/rascist/sexist people.

Don't abuse the system and it will work.

And with the pros, they're more harsh yea. They're trying to set an example. They are in the spotlight, everyone hears about it when they get banned for being jerks. Setting an example for the community.
Are you trying to say i false report? Don't push your ethical agenda on me dude, beside banning the hundreds of false reporters is also a positive. People will start taking the game seriously if there is an actual punishment. I've personally reported hundreds of trolls/throwers/leavers because i've been playing for over a year now.
02/19/2018 06:17 PMPosted by BetaKuck
Are you trying to say i false report? Don't push your ethical agenda on me dude, beside banning the hundreds of false reporters is also a positive. People will start taking the game seriously if there is an actual punishment. I've personally reported hundreds of trolls/throwers/leavers because i've been playing for over a year now.

That is far from what your above quote said. Perhaps you didn't mean it how it comes across, but you made it sound like false reporting is just fine. So the only "agenda" I'm pushing is the one of false reports being so far from ok. Maybe you don't do it, but so many do. Take a look around the forms and the new definition for a thrower is: someone who is low skilled or picks a hero I don't like. I'm tired of seeing it. One guy in another form literally said that people are unintentionally throwing games.. literally not possible as throwing requires intentionally trying to lose. I'm rambling xD

Guess all I'm trying to say is, people abuse the report system. And it's not ok, and it can't work properly and blizzard can't trust it if it's full of false reports. Kudos to you for making true reports, just hope the rest of the community would.

I've been playing since launch, and I'll be honest the problem only grows, though recently it has died down and I have been getting a lot of notifications back. The system needs time to root out the problem, though it never truly will because there will always be new players and new problems. But i have already seen the system at work, i just wish there were more true reports in there, as the false ones outweigh them at this point.
I got 3 reports feedback already, I supose its from the cheating reports. Im tired of reporting trolls and quiters, but its better that blizz bans the hanzo and widowmaker that shoot backwards than to do nothing. Hope for better days when leavers will get what they deserve.
Just report them 20-30 times, they are gonna get autobanned and it's not like there's anything else to do in 4-5 min queues.
If the system needs hundreds of reports to do anything just make sure to report them a ton. It's not like there is actually a guide line for multiple reports.
from what i can tell, only abusive chat bans work consistently. ive been reported and 2 day chat banned for saying ez clap in chat for 5 games. throwing reports are usually thrown out because the description reads "this person was bad at dps". that isnt a reportable offense so its usually thrown out. you have to be direct, like "this person put a telly on the edge of map" or "this person walled team in spawn."
if you spam reports, either true or false reports, especially with offensive keywords, you can get yourself banned from competitive, chat, voice chat and the game itself from either temporary or permanent status. Some toxic popular streams have had that happen to them. One was that xQc guy or whatever his name is. He report spammed and they caught onto him and suspended him on the spot for it and his extreme toxicity.