Will griefers/toxic players in competitive be addressed?

Competitive Discussion
Griefers, toxic players, and non-cooperative one tricks are a game breaking problem for me in competitive mode right now. I have just experienced one or more of these players at the same time for the past 5 games straight. Toxicity, throwing, and griefing seems commonplace now. Action must be taken. I legitimately don't want to play competitive anymore because of how uninviting the mode is right now. I really don't want to think these players reflect the community but I have become angry with it.
Half the player base utilize Overwatch's core mechanic of swapping heroes and team composition flexibility. The other half one-trick DPS heroes.
Players are forced into roles they don't want to play and other players refuse to switch heroes when they aren't effective. This is the root of all toxicity.

Combined that with Blizzard's flaccid leaver discipline system and competitive mode becomes a miserable experience for anyone interested in winning consistently.
Agree 100%

I’m sick of losing winnable matches because little tommy wants to play his Ganji/hanzo/etc etc no matter what.

I’m sure in the not too distant future changes will come from Blizzard, I’m confident they are working on something, they know the issues and they’re not stupid, they will do what they need to do to protect their game.
Agreed with you both. Toxicity is a rampant problem. One I have faith they will address. Let’s not give up yet.
but if blizzard does release a competent 6 stack system and everyone gets to do what they want as agreed upon before the match even begins.... toxic players are all alone.... with no one to play with....

and blizzard is left with permanent effective bans for these terrible players.

and blizzard doesn't want that.
02/19/2018 01:41 AMPosted by WolfNinja
Griefers, toxic players, and non-cooperative one tricks are a game breaking problem for me in competitive mode right now. I have just experienced one or more of these players at the same time for the past 5 games straight. Toxicity, throwing, and griefing seems commonplace now. Action must be taken. I legitimately don't want to play competitive anymore because of how uninviting the mode is right now. I really don't want to think these players reflect the community but I have become angry with it.

Griefing and toxic is not the same as One tricks.

Blizzard has already addressed this. Report for those that are griefing and toxic as they are doing something against the rules, One tricking is not against rules.
02/19/2018 07:06 AMPosted by MisAdventure
02/19/2018 01:41 AMPosted by WolfNinja

Blizzard has already addressed this. Report for those that are griefing and toxic as they are doing something against the rules, One tricking is not against rules.

If Blizzard has already addressed the toxicity and one trick issue, then why is it still such a prevalent problem?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

If Blizzard has already addressed the toxicity and one trick issue, then why is it still such a prevalent problem?

They have addressed it- but the answer is not always liked by some. It doesn't mean they answered in your favor.

They have already stated that it is not bannable and that one tricks are allowed.

You got an answer- doesn't mean you have to like it.

If you know anything about the Blizzard company culture, they aren't going to be changing their stance on this.

12/18/2017 06:52 PMPosted by Josh Engen

We believe players can choose to play any available hero during any game at any time, and that their choice of hero alone is not a behavior that should be penalized by our customer service team under any of the player report categories (including griefing, inactivity, or poor teamwork).

Players who inaccurately submit player reports in an attempt to punish someone’s hero choice are considered to be harassing or griefing their fellow player, and inaccurate reports make it more difficult for us to appropriately action the players who DO disrupt the game.

Your teammates can respectfully provide their opinion and suggest using a different hero for the gameplay situation that your team is experiencing, but the final decision about which hero you want to play with is yours alone.
Will you buy a mirror and realize that you are the one responsible for being in low elo?
the only way to police millions of players for muh toxicity is to mute all coms and not allow text speech while forcing hero swaps after 3 deaths

does that sound fun to you?