I am a Moira Player. Here is why you died.

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
If you complain because you were killed by me, then it's because of one of the following reasons.

1. You were alone without a team and I will take my chances on 1v1ing you. Skirmish Initiated. Good luck!

2. By observing your team, I could tell they have low awareness and will not know I dived their back line. Blame your team, not Moira.

3. My team just did an ult or two and is engaging hard onto your team and I decided to do a surprise attack by diving behind your team and instantly flanking, knowing your team will be too busy dealing with whats going on. By doing this, the enemy healers (probably you) will be too busy dealing with me, Moira.

4. I have insane range. But because you have no frontline or they are currently on the ground in their own pool of blood, I can now right click you until you melt as I stay back near my frontline.

5. You are currently already engaged in some fight with someone on my team and I decided to right click you from the side. If this happened, your team was probably already losing the team fight at this point anyway and I am just simply speeding up your re-spawn process.

6. You are in the air and came too close. I am looking up and right clicking/chasing you until you die. Too bad your team did not kill me during the time I could not see any of them while focusing on you.

7. You got in the way of my Bouncing ball of doom while running around with nearly no hp left.

8. You like fighting in small rooms while a Moira is present.

9. You got killed by a Ball of Doom because you were not close enough to your team to absorb/split its damage. So thus, you took most of it and melted like a snowman while your healers were not paying attention.

10. You are out of position or over extended and are being punished.

11. Because stupidity is not a right.
Highly Rated
02/19/2018 04:02 AMPosted by Elminster
Skirmish Initiated. Good luck!
Killing in a skirmish. SMH
02/19/2018 04:02 AMPosted by SǾMBRUH
Skirmish Initiated. Good luck!
Killing in a skirmish. SMH

Yep.
Pro tip: Moira cant regenerate health when she is healing.
pretty much sums up everything, well done.

maybe add one more line:

12. you proceed to try to kill me with genji/tracer and ignore the fact that i killed you everytime you tried. (swap to another hero if that happens or stay away from moira)

This is beautiful.
I'm honestly 95% with Moira. The only part of her kit i think needs to be changed is her self-healing while dealing damage. The orb is plenty powerful for a self heal by itself and the self heal she has from primary just makes her live in too many situations she should be dead.

I know she say's one hand give's and the other take's but one of those hand's missed the memo.
Whenever I play her, I feel she must be some sort of OP, but then when I play against her, she never seems that hard to kill.

If anything, maybe make it take a little more damage to charge your healing resource? It never seems to be hard to manage like other characters' resource meters.
I have the right to be stupid don't I?
I earned my stupidity dangit!
So its my teams fault I died? Like I didn't already know that.

*clip of people screaming at their teammates because they "bad at the game"
I think it's much easier to explain.
1. You are using damage orb.
02/19/2018 04:28 AMPosted by GhostPants
The only part of her kit i think needs to be changed is her self-healing while dealing damage. The orb is plenty powerful for a self heal by itself and the self heal she has from primary just makes her live in too many situations she should be dead.

I agree. Just made a threat about this.
7. You got in the way of my Bouncing ball of doom while running around with nearly no hp left.
Oh no, how terrible, how dare I run for a healthpack and get hit by random bounce off a curb. Totally on me.

:/
I mostly die to Moira because her orb spam and autolock weapon damage is op af.
“Brilliant.”

I agree with this post. But it’s still so rewarding killing you as McCree. I’m not going at you full health though, and definitely not without my team if I can help it. Much like I do Genji, rest assured I’m shooting you in the back.
02/19/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Player
I mostly die to Moira because her orb spam and autolock weapon damage is op af.
Jeff did say that’s how you spell her name.
02/19/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Jessicka
Oh no, how terrible, how dare I run for a healthpack and get hit by random bounce off a curb. Totally on me.

:/
Thank either the wonky map geometry and/or rng if that happens. I love playing as Moira, but trying to use her balls right drives me bonkers. I throw it at a wall, at an angle that you'd think would send it left, but somehow it goes up, to the right, catches a red-eye to Numbani and back, and maybe accidentally hits a Pharah once or twice.
02/19/2018 04:56 AMPosted by Osprey
Thank either the wonky map geometry and/or rng if that happens. I love playing as Moira, but trying to use her balls right drives me bonkers. I throw it at a wall, at an angle that you'd think would send it left, but somehow it goes up, to the right, catches a red-eye to Numbani and back, and maybe accidentally hits a Pharah once or twice.
Well if it's those things, it's not me being stupid as the OP implies, right?

If I'm running around at low HP, it's usually because I survived a fight by doing something right (or else I'd be in respawn); to get picked off by RNG ball of RNG because it decided it was going to bounce in a particular direction off a piece of terrain towards me feels harsh and annoying. It's bad enough getting hit by a curb bounce from a Junk grenade, but that doesn't happen from half a map away and at least he probably had some idea I was there.
I am a Pharah player, here is why you died, Moira.
Some background info - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759467172?page=2#post-40

Yes Moira, even though you are technically a soft counter to Pharah you will inevitably find yourself at the business end of one of my rockets. Here is what might have led to this situation:

1. Your attention was elsewhere and I was able to land a first direct rocket hit before you ever saw me. Since you are now down 120 health I have at worst a 50/50 chance of putting you away in 2.2 seconds

2. You didn't use your warp ability to dodge and my aim + prediction was good enough to take you out before you could leach enough health away from me.

3. You relied too much on the auto-aiming aspect of your leach beam and couldn't absorb quite enough health in the time it took me to land 3 or 4 rocket hits

4. We battled at long distance and I was able to avoid having my health sucked out by using my jump jets to stay out of your range

5. We were in close quarters with no way for me to escape quickly and you gambled that I wouldn't unleash my rocket barrage just to eliminate you.

6. You got the drop on me, and/or I completely missed with 1 or 2 rockets but you didn't realize that you were standing next to the edge of a chasm. One concussion rocket later you have been booped off of the edge and are falling to your doom.

7. You had the bad fortune of getting into a fire fight in my line of fire, or in an area that I am bombarding with rockets to give my team a slight edge. You may not be able to see me if I am sneaking rockets through narrow lines of sight. Just try to stay away from the spots that keep going 'BOOM' every 1.1 seconds.

8. You picked a fight with a Pharah whose hobby is flanking in order to eliminate out back line healers. Compared to a flying or Valkyrie-activated Mercy, or a Lucio you might as well be a snail trying inching your way around the map. You're probably going down first and pretty quickly. Expect that to happen again and again as the match progresses unless someone makes a change.

9. You've activated your ultimate which is more or less a huge yellow and purple glowing beacon pointed right at you revealing your position to me. I'd have to be blind to not see it. I'm going skyward and i'm going to flick a few rockets in your general direction until the beacon goes out or runs away.

10. Its nothing personal. I tell myself that your team is sick and Pharah's rockets have life saving medicine in them. Time to take your daily dosage!