I am a Moira Player. Here is why you died.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
02/19/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Player
I mostly die to Moira because her orb spam and autolock weapon damage is op af.

Moira dies a lot to random Junkrat bombs, Random Mccrees dropping from the sky, Zen orbs flying across the map and hitting her, Helix rockets, Reaper growing a pair, Dva non stop chasing, Good Genjis who can right click her faster up close, Good Tracers, and most importantly, getting excited and dying from 1 vs 3 after over-extending with fade.
02/19/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Elminster
02/19/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Player
I mostly die to Moira because her orb spam and autolock weapon damage is op af.

Moira dies a lot to random Junkrat bombs, Random Mccrees dropping from the sky, Zen orbs flying across the map and hitting her, Helix rockets, Reaper growing a pair, Dva non stop chasing, Good Genjis who can right click her faster up close, Good Tracers, and most importantly, getting excited and dying from 1 vs 3 after over-extending with fade.

wow, it's like thats how every other hero dies, lol.
2600 btw
02/19/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Grandpa
02/19/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Elminster

wow, it's like thats how every other hero dies, lol.

Right? lol She seems normal to me.
I feel like this is just gonna make people hate their supports even more if they don't pay attention LOL
02/19/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Riftwave
you are technically a soft counter to Pharah
lolwut
snip

But my moira would ruin you all day every day.
Or maybe because you shot your orb across the map and now I'm like 50HP?

Can't tell how many times I've died to a random Moira orb or because she indirectly killed me because her orb puts me at such low health.

No hero should have such easy free damage/kills like that.
02/19/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Valkrona

Can't tell how many times I've died to a random Moira orb or because she indirectly killed me because her orb puts me at such low health.

You talking about the slow moving ball that kills itself after dishing out some damage?

But its ok to be killed by random junkrat left clicks or hanzo arrows to the head, or widow snipes or zen orbs, or junkrat traps, or (a few hours later...) Helix rockets, or a random charging Reinhardt, or a hook from roadhog?

If you got killed by a slow moving ball of death. Guess who fault it was?
02/19/2018 04:02 AMPosted by Elminster
If you complain because you were killed by me, then it's because of one of the following reasons.

1. You were alone without a team and I will take my chances on 1v1ing you. Skirmish Initiated. Good luck!

2. By observing your team, I could tell they have low awareness and will not know I dived their back line. Blame your team, not Moira.

3. My team just did an ult or two and is engaging hard onto your team and I decided to do a surprise attack by diving behind your team and instantly flanking, knowing your team will be too busy dealing with whats going on. By doing this, the enemy healers (probably you) will be too busy dealing with me, Moira.

4. I have insane range. But because you have no frontline or they are currently on the ground in their own pool of blood, I can now right click you until you melt as I stay back near my frontline.

5. You are currently already engaged in some fight with someone on my team and I decided to right click you from the side. If this happened, your team was probably already losing the team fight at this point anyway and I am just simply speeding up your re-spawn process.

6. You are in the air and came too close. I am looking up and right clicking/chasing you until you die. Too bad your team did not kill me during the time I could not see any of them while focusing on you.

7. You got in the way of my Bouncing ball of doom while running around with nearly no hp left.

8. You like fighting in small rooms while a Moira is present.

9. You got killed by a Ball of Doom because you were not close enough to your team to absorb/split its damage. So thus, you took most of it and melted like a snowman while your healers were not paying attention.

10. You are out of position or over extended and are being punished.

11. Because stupidity is not a right.

All these reasons are also why your team lost.
If you complain because you were killed by me, then it's because of one of the following reasons.

1. You were alone without a team and I will take my chances on 1v1ing you. Skirmish Initiated. Good luck!

2. By observing your team, I could tell they have low awareness and will not know I dived their back line. Blame your team, not Moira.

3. My team just did an ult or two and is engaging hard onto your team and I decided to do a surprise attack by diving behind your team and instantly flanking, knowing your team will be too busy dealing with whats going on. By doing this, the enemy healers (probably you) will be too busy dealing with me, Moira.

4. I have insane range. But because you have no frontline or they are currently on the ground in their own pool of blood, I can now right click you until you melt as I stay back near my frontline.

5. You are currently already engaged in some fight with someone on my team and I decided to right click you from the side. If this happened, your team was probably already losing the team fight at this point anyway and I am just simply speeding up your re-spawn process.

6. You are in the air and came too close. I am looking up and right clicking/chasing you until you die. Too bad your team did not kill me during the time I could not see any of them while focusing on you.

7. You got in the way of my Bouncing ball of doom while running around with nearly no hp left.

9. You got killed by a Ball of Doom because you were not close enough to your team to absorb/split its damage. So thus, you took most of it and melted like a snowman while your healers were not paying attention.

Maybe if you healed your team instead of tried dueling people all game you would have higher than 45% win rate on moria. I have 75% win rate on my alt and am not a moria main. WebKinzKing#11876
02/19/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Elminster
02/19/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Valkrona

You talking about the slow moving ball that kills itself after dishing out some damage?

But its ok to be killed by random junkrat left clicks or hanzo arrows to the head, or widow snipes or zen orbs, or junkrat traps, or (a few hours later...) Helix rockets, or a random charging Reinhardt, or a hook from roadhog?

How are most of those things you mentioned even remotely comparable to Moira's orb? You can't actually be serious.

:^|

The only thing I can agree with out of that list is dying to Junkrat's shenanigans. Everything else you mentioned isn't as free as throwing out an orb and getting like 150 damage on something or if you're really lucky, a kill. Don't get me wrong, the orb doesn't kill me all the time or does insane damage all the time, but it does at least 50% of the time and the fact that the orb lingers for that long is stupid.

You think it's a coincidence that Moira's always have all gold everything? Yeah I think not.
hahahaha

DPS Moira lol
enjoy it while you can. Moira will not be able to fade away from the future nerfs and reworks.
I am a Pharah player, here is why you died, Moira.
Some background info - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759467172?page=2#post-40

Yes Moira, even though you are technically a soft counter to Pharah you will inevitably find yourself at the business end of one of my rockets. Here is what might have led to this situation:

1. Your attention was elsewhere and I wblah blah blah blah blah blah.

Insert more pretentious self-aggrandizing nonsense.

You must be fun at parties.
Yeah we know, Moira is a great DPS with unlimited ammo that happens to have an orb to heal herself. Thanks for the reminder, oh you, such unique "Moira".
Many players (dps mostly) will not be happy until a support can do nothing but walk behind a target and tap a heal button.

The second they get any type of mobility or offensive utility you can count on the nerf threads, a support doing anything but roll over and die when engaged by a another player is hard concept for some to grasp.
02/19/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Valkrona
02/19/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Elminster

How are most of those things you mentioned even remotely comparable to Moira's orb? You can't actually be serious.

:^|

The only thing I can agree with out of that list is dying to Junkrat's shenanigans. Everything else you mentioned isn't as free as throwing out an orb and getting like 150 damage on something or if you're really lucky, a kill. Don't get me wrong, the orb doesn't kill me all the time or does insane damage all the time, but it does at least 50% of the time and the fact that the orb lingers for that long is stupid.

You think it's a coincidence that Moira's always have all gold everything? Yeah I think not.

Did you know Dva can eat orbs? Genji can also deflect them.

When the enemy team has tanks, people wise up and get a reaper. When Moira's orbs are an issue, people normally get dva.
02/19/2018 11:47 AMPosted by NaughtyOne
Many players (dps mostly) will not be happy until a support can do nothing but walk behind a target and tap a heal button.

The second they get any type of mobility or offensive utility you can count on the nerf threads, a support doing anything but roll over and die when engaged by a another player is hard concept for some to grasp.

I agree. I don't see people making threads that Reinhardt should always be right clicking his shield up and never do anything else. Or Dva should always stand there and eat projectiles and never fly. Nobody seems to complain about Zen discords or orbs.