I am a Moira Player. Here is why you died.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Does anyone above Silver really complain about Moira?
02/19/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Pokadotdurr
I would like to point out that any time a Moira is flanking your team she is not healing her team. Since she is the healer with one of the greatest healing outputs she has put her own team at a massive disadvantage. Call it out so your team can take advantage of it.

Have you ever tried to use a vertical healing orb in helios lighthouse?

02/20/2018 12:15 AMPosted by noodlebleps
She is intended to be played in the backline, like any other support, healing her team. She needs that range to reach beyond the frontline to refill her heal tank. She needs her Fade to escape flankers that dive the backline. It’s the g*ddamn DPS Moiras that are really causing all the fuss, because they use those things completely wrong, screwing over their teams in the process. Moira should not be diving people. Ever! And I personally think the best way to prevent that is to nerf the damage orb. Using the damage orb combo on a target kills them much quicker than just leeching them. It would also stop it from killing squishies if the damage isn’t divided, but I don’t think it needs to have that much damage anyway, especially because all it really does is feed the enemy healers’ ultimates. I admit it’s satisfying to get a kill with the damage orb, but honestly if I throw one out and it doesn’t kill someone I just feel bad because I’ve just given away some ult charge.

*Me smell valid arguments* Get out of these forums anthropomorphized Devil!

Her mechanics intended to operate as you said. Fade to dodge flankers and a medium range beam to replenish your source from safety. I repeatedly made threads about this problem while she was in PTR but everybody was crying about mercy at that time and they ignored me.

Her design is a complete failure. She is not even close to a balanced hero;
people tend misinterpret balance in a scale of overpowered and underpowered. Balance lies on what a hero is intended to provide to the roster and the game. If he/she fails to do so, he/she is not balanced design-wise. For example, if junkrat was OP in offense and unviable in defense regardless the meta, then he would have been unbalanced.

Why is she a failure then?
The reason is simple; inconsistency. In tough situations Moira has a huge opportunity cost between healing and damage. Would you heal your hog and pray for his hook or take the situation in your hands? In such cases, Moira is the only support that faces a dilemma. The rest, either passively or actively, will eventually heal hog.
i'll take "because i cant shoot you as soldier but have 80% accuracy as moria" for 500
Real question, what is moira's weakness? Many say its her dps but that isn't really true. Sure it is technically the lowest dps, but it is also the most consistent. Combined with damage orb, self heal and her enourmous range she can deal an amazing amount of damage and win 1 v 1s against most dps. It can't be her healing either because she has the best group healing in the game and her having limited healing is easy to negate because she can do damage pretty easily. You can argue that she doesn't need a weakness because she is a jack of all trades master of none, but then she excels at many things, like burst group healing, 1 v 1s, sel sustain ect. The only conceivable weakness I can think of is that she is bad at 1 v 1ing tanks, but not only is that true with every support in the game other than zen, that is more of a fundamental design of supports, rather than a weakness. I genuinely want to know a weakness to moira. I'm not making this because i get bodied by moira. I main tank, i hardly, if ever, die to moira. But if a character has no weaknesses, I don't really think that character is fair.
02/19/2018 04:02 AMPosted by Elminster
1. You were alone without a team and I will take my chances on 1v1ing you. Skirmish Initiated. Good luck!

Here is my problem here, as a Zenyatta player.

Zen will win if a DPS 1v1s him if he hits his shots.
Moira will win if she plays decently.

The problem for me is not that she can kill DPS 1 on 1, but that she's too consistent in doing so.

Not a popular opinion, but it's mine nonetheless.
02/20/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Cheddar
im a bronze and i dont. o.o but i also dont see people higher then silver complane about anything on the forum. thy might be over on reddit. insted of here
Or the other team could have someone switch to d.va so she can eat those balls of death. Proper counterplay!
EZ
If you complain because you were killed by me, then it's because of one of the following reasons.

1. You were alone without a team and I will take my chances on 1v1ing you. Skirmish Initiated. Good luck!

2. By observing your team, I could tell they have low awareness and will not know I dived their back line. Blame your team, not Moira.

3. My team just did an ult or two and is engaging hard onto your team and I decided to do a surprise attack by diving behind your team and instantly flanking, knowing your team will be too busy dealing with whats going on. By doing this, the enemy healers (probably you) will be too busy dealing with me, Moira.

4. I have insane range. But because you have no frontline or they are currently on the ground in their own pool of blood, I can now right click you until you melt as I stay back near my frontline.

5. You are currently already engaged in some fight with someone on my team and I decided to right click you from the side. If this happened, your team was probably already losing the team fight at this point anyway and I am just simply speeding up your re-spawn process.

6. You are in the air and came too close. I am looking up and right clicking/chasing you until you die. Too bad your team did not kill me during the time I could not see any of them while focusing on you.

7. You got in the way of my Bouncing ball of doom while running around with nearly no hp left.

8. You like fighting in small rooms while a Moira is present.

9. You got killed by a Ball of Doom because you were not close enough to your team to absorb/split its damage. So thus, you took most of it and melted like a snowman while your healers were not paying attention.

10. You are out of position or over extended and are being punished.

11. Because stupidity is not a right.

So basically you have to try very hard to not die to a no skill healer, who can get a triple kill accross the map, with your eyes closed, by chucking out a ball of aids. Seems balanced.
02/20/2018 03:11 AMPosted by GucciS0mbra

So basically you have to try very hard to not die to a no skill healer, who can get a triple kill accross the map, with your eyes closed, by chucking out a ball of aids. Seems balanced.

Lemme get this straight, youre compaining about a purple ball comes flying right at you, where you KNOW you can dodge it, have Dva DM it or group up to reduce its effect, but still.....die to it? Really?

If a Moira does a triple kill across the map, unless they are on low health, but if they are on full health which is impossible btw, and gets killed. That says more about you and your team than it does Moira.
02/20/2018 03:14 AMPosted by Crestren
02/20/2018 03:11 AMPosted by GucciS0mbra

Lemme get this straight, youre compaining about a purple ball comes flying right at you, where you KNOW you can dodge it, have Dva DM it or group up to reduce its effect, but still.....die to it? Really?

If a Moira does a triple kill across the map, unless they are on low health, but if they are on full health which is impossible btw, and gets killed. That says more about you and your team than it does Moira.
ok when it bounces all over the place and comes from behind you when you are in an engagement? A healer should not be an effective dps with their monitor turned off, just saying
Ok if ALLLL HEROES WAS SUPPPER FINE, over 9.000 and not annoying, most of them, then yes - Moira is unfair. But Moira has same problmes, how had Ana - New hero, and community too lazy to play with.
EDIT: and against, for me SHE IS FINE
Can you add in:
12) Because you as a dps player could not out-damage a 30 healing per second self-heal, despite most dps heroes averaging in 140-160 dps with additional burst damage skills
02/20/2018 02:36 AMPosted by Gnome

Here is my problem here, as a Zenyatta player.

Zen will win if a DPS 1v1s him if he hits his shots.
Moira will win if she plays decently.

The problem for me is not that she can kill DPS 1 on 1, but that she's too consistent in doing so.

Not a popular opinion, but it's mine nonetheless.

It's a strong stance, actually, and I don't disagree with you

My counter-argument, however, would be Moira doesn't have the range, dps, and the ability the further enable your team's damage. Discord orb remains by far one of the strongest abilities in the game, and compared with the other support who can increase damage i.e. Mercy, Discord is FAR stronger with coordinated teams.

Also, I'd take trascendence over kamehameha any day
Wth so many downvotes on the Pharah reply?
Damn, you guys aren't good sports.
I am a Tracer player. Here is why you can’t get out of plat.

You play an EZ mode hero which has allowed you to boost your SR beyond your natural ability.

BUT

When someone else picks her you are forced to play someone else, and your natural ability is exposed and you lose.

Hope that was simple enough.
02/20/2018 04:01 AMPosted by Seelegeist

It's going against the "supportsdidnuffingwrong"-narrative.
02/20/2018 04:02 AMPosted by Edsoulman

You play an EZ mode hero which has allowed you to boost your SR beyond your natural ability.

BUT

When someone else picks her you are forced to play someone else, and your natural ability is exposed and you lose.

Wow, you couldnt present an argument but instead rank shame and insult the hero and player?

Thats SUCH a GreaAT ArguMEent there buddy.

People like you are the reason why flanker mains get a bad rep here.
02/20/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Crestren
02/20/2018 04:02 AMPosted by Edsoulman

BUT

Wow, you couldnt present an argument but instead rank shame and insult the hero and player?

Thats SUCH a GreaAT ArguMEent there buddy.

People like you are the reason why flanker mains get a bad rep here.

People like you are the reason why the forum has a bad rep in general.
You wont listen to ppl who actually bothered learning the game properly.
02/20/2018 02:52 AMPosted by Sinn
02/20/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Cheddar
im a bronze and i dont. o.o but i also dont see people higher then silver complane about anything on the forum. thy might be over on reddit. insted of here

I don't play competitive that much and being in in gold at the moment, I can say a lot of the points are very accurate and higher skilled players don't have a problem with them.
Yesterday I chased a Pharah all the way through the enemy team and killed her, and survived this madness. That's definitely not Moiras problem, it was Pharahs aim and her team ignoring me completely.
You can outplay others with Moira better than with other heroes, at least for me it is easier. But it's always a question of skill and gamesense.
For whatever reason I got matched with a Top500 Tracer player, that gave me such a hard time that I was forced to switch. My team did not care that they lost it's healer all the time and I could not do anything against that player.
So if you die to Moira, do what all should do, play with the team. Or just be as good as that Tracer was.