Are SR losses reduced when you have a leaver?

General Discussion
Because if not they should be.
"Oh man we're about to lose the game team, could someone leave for us before it's over?"
The solution is to provide more incentives for players to not leave games, for example, by giving harsher penalties for leavers.
02/19/2018 02:52 PMPosted by JerBear
Because if not they should be.

02/19/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Bitty
"Oh man we're about to lose the game team, could someone leave for us before it's over?"

^ This is exactly why it isn't. It promotes toxicity to force people to leave, or for people to set up a designated "dive taker" on their team so they always take reduced SR losses.
02/19/2018 02:56 PMPosted by WarmasterCly
The solution is to provide more incentives for players to not leave games, for example, by giving harsher penalties for leavers.

No. Because all this does is punish people who have unforseen circumstance like random internet hiccups. Intentional leavers know the consequences, they still leave, they don't care.
Increased below diamond, the same diamond and above. SR changes are performance based, and you will almost always perform worse when down 1 or more players.

Or maybe just maybe better rewards for completing the match. Loot box dupe fix reduced currency accumulation. Offer coins, etc.

Hey don't leave or we'll punish you harder.

OR

Hey stick around we'll make it worth your while.

Which do you think is going to fly over better?
That's not the problem, the real problem is when you get a disconnect for like 20 seconds and you still get -50 sr and not gain sr if you end up winning the game. That's bull!@#$.
I'm just saying that I had 4 leavers on my team in games so far today which of course end up in losses, and I'm fed up with the BS already. I can handle losing SR because of a fault of myself or the team, but it's pretty irritating that I lose the full amount because of someone else's trolling or bad internet. It's hard enough to climb as it is but then you also have to factor in the leaver nonsense especially in low ranks.
02/19/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Navarro

No. Because all this does is punish people who have unforseen circumstance like random internet hiccups. Intentional leavers know the consequences, they still leave, they don't care.
Players shouldn't play unless they have stable internet. Players with stable internet have very few random/unforseen circumstances, and a reasonable system could be put into place to allow for 1 leave per X number of games without a severe penalty. The ones that "don't care" would start to care if they wanted to continue playing Competitive with a harsher penalty that restricted them from playing longer.

02/19/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Fartbiscuits

Or maybe just maybe better rewards for completing the match. Loot box dupe fix reduced currency accumulation. Offer coins, etc.

Hey don't leave or we'll punish you harder.

OR

Hey stick around we'll make it worth your while.

Which do you think is going to fly over better?
I can guarentee you that players who ragequit/leave on purpose don't care about extra coins or anything like that.

"Hey don't leave or we'll punish you harder." - This will help reduce the number of leavers and keep players with inconsistent internet from playing the current competitive season, something that the development team stands by

"Hey stick around we'll make it worth your while." - This is a weak solution that will not fix the root of the problem.
Players shouldn't play unless they have stable internet. Players with stable internet have very few random/unforseen circumstances, and a reasonable system could be put into place to allow for 1 leave per X number of games without a severe penalty. The ones that "don't care" would start to care if they wanted to continue playing Competitive with a harsher penalty that restricted them from playing longer.

A. No. Internet issues can begin at literally any time and they can happen at literally any time. There's no accounting for that. If you have a consistently bad connection, fine, but there are plenty of times people with otherwise perfectly healthy connections get disconnected for a reason other than their own deliberate intent. B. Putting an allowance on them only gives leavers MORE room for abuse.
How about perma ban?