Will there ever be more builders?

General Discussion
There are only two builders in the game, Torb & Sym, and they have both been there from launch. There is vocal fanbase for these RTS style heroes (see Sym megathread for example), and if Blizz released a hero like this that was more "meta", I'm sure they woudl be very popular.

What do you guys think? Is a new builder likely in the near future? What features would you like to see in future Builders?

I'll start: Jump Pads. Jump Pads everywhere.
I have thought about a jump pad hero before, who has a boomerang as a weapon so he can hit around corners and stun people.

I have a feeling a lot of people will consider a jump pad to be op though since it gives less mobile heroes very free mobility.
I personally think of orisa as a builder. Generally I think it could be interesting to have more builders. I would like to see a builder with a wider range of items available. Personally I'd like to see a hero build a health pack which could also be hacked by sombra making an interesting Flex support duo
I have thought about a jump pad hero before, who has a boomerang as a weapon so he can hit around corners and stun people.

OMG BLIZZ HIRE THIS MAN IMMEDIATELY

I have a feeling a lot of people will consider a jump pad to be op though since it gives less mobile heroes very free mobility.

Would it be less OP if enemies could also use it? Also less OP when your remember snipers, high noon and tac visor exist.
We still need a dispenser here.
02/19/2018 04:34 PMPosted by ShinyPants

OMG BLIZZ HIRE THIS MAN IMMEDIATELY

Would it be less OP if enemies could also use it? Also less OP when your remember snipers, high noon and tac visor exist.

I'm glad you like the idea.
I spawned it up because I've faced too many King's Row first points on attack where a Bastion is in a location right behind the wall where the roof overhang protects him from above and you can't get to him without him having the complete advantage on you long enough for him to kill you without getting a hit in :p
Builder? There hasn't even been any new Defense Hero since launch. It's Blizzard's unwanted step-child of categories.
02/19/2018 04:34 PMPosted by ShinyPants

*Thinking of a high-noon suddenly propulsed above the enemy team by a tactical jump pad
02/19/2018 04:28 PMPosted by ShinyPants
There are only two builders in the game, Torb & Sym, and they have both been there from launch. There is vocal fanbase for these RTS style heroes (see Sym megathread for example), and if Blizz released a hero like this that was more "meta", I'm sure they woudl be very popular.

What do you guys think? Is a new builder likely in the near future? What features would you like to see in future Builders?

I'll start: Jump Pads. Jump Pads everywhere.
hey hey
I build !@#$ too. I build %^-*en walls. That most characters rage to see
I would rather they use their creative resources to make the current builders good instead of making a new one.
Another build I've thought of is a damage reduction field. This reduces for anyone in the field - ally and enemy alike. This would really put snipers or long-range people off their game a bit because any shots into the field will do less. It forces your opponents to have to engage with you up-close and personal where you might have the advantage. Of course such a field cannot go through walls, so you have to have the construct in complete open view so as to not make it too op.
02/19/2018 04:38 PMPosted by kilmeran
Builder? There hasn't even been any new Defense Hero since launch. It's Blizzard's unwanted step-child of categories.

This may come as a shock but Torb is a builder and defence.
So adding a builder hero doesn't exclude the possibility that such a hero will be a defence hero.
02/19/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Rhysiare
02/19/2018 04:38 PMPosted by kilmeran

So adding a builder hero doesn't exclude the possibility that such a hero will be a defence hero.

No !@#$ sherlock. Thus why I said "Builder? There hasn't even been any new Defense Hero since launch."

As in, there hasn't been a thing for the category, Builder or otherwise.
I heard Hammond will be introduced as a utility support with "Stun Beacons", whatever they do, which sounds like a really cool idea that I would love to see and would probably main that hero myself. Sadly, this was before the Moira release and everyone was still speculating what the next hero will be, so that was probably bs.

Also heard many ideas for "drone" builders, which I love the sound of.
I want to see Maximilian come in as a defense hero that commands omnic soliders and butlers to fight for him in an RTS style.
I got a feeling there will be a hero that is related to null sector, how these bots created? I would love to see a defense that can create Slicer bots as minions and summon a Eradicator as a ult. I maybe wrong, although a minion builder is the thing that came in mind. Hammond might be a defense hero.
02/19/2018 04:45 PMPosted by kilmeran
02/19/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Rhysiare

No !@#$ sherlock. Thus why I said "Builder? There hasn't even been any new Defense Hero since launch."

As in, there hasn't been a thing for the category, Builder or otherwise.

That's not how your comment read whatsoever. By separating "Builder?" into it's own question, it reads as if you're treating builders and defence heroes as two separate things.
I envision Sanjay Korpal as a builder:

Hero: Sanjay Korpal
Role: Support
Subrole: Healer / Builder
Occupation: Vishkar's Head Negotiatior / Talon's Inner Council Member
HP: 200

Playstyle: Sanjay is a Builder, just as Symmetra and Torbjorn build equipment that help their teammates in battle. Sanjay can Build Hardlight structures (bridges, ramps or walls), just like we saw in Symmetra's Comic. Sanjay can also build a Health Station at a strategic location that teammates can use to heal up. Keeping up with Vishkar's light theme, his main weapon is a laser gun and his ult works as a "deluminator" switching the lights out and reducing enemy's field of vision.

Look and feel: I´m pretty sure you've seen the guy in the comics. https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Sanjay_Korpal

Abilities:

LMB - Laser Gun / Sanjay uses a Laser gun that fires in pulses that behave like linear projectiles / Laser gun should be connected to some kind of backpack or chestpiece / 100 HP per shot / 1 shot per second / no reload

E - Hardlight Construct / Sanjay can create a hardlight structure (always in rectangular shape). It can be use to create walls, bridges or ramps / max lenght 20 mts. / Structures should be used to allow your teammates new ways to navigate around the map, or temporary close off your enemies / constructs are collision enabled, but are immune to damage. Damage will go trough them (they will not act as a barrier or shield) / Constructs last for 8 seconds / 12 second cooldown.

Shift - Health Station / Sanjay deploys a Health Station on the battlefield. Station looks like an airport body scanner it's diameter is larger than a Healthpack station (should be large enough for the Tanks to get in) / Health station upgrades with time, each 30 seconds / Lvl 1 Health Station heals 100 HP per second / Lvl 2 Health Station heals 200 HP per second / Lvl 3 Health Station heals 400 HP per second / Only one teammate can use the health station at a time / Health Station has 400 HP and can be destroyed. Health stations should be deployed in strategic locations. If popped during a fight, at least will be able to heal for a few seconds until it gets destroyed.

Ultimate - Deluminator / A more advanced use of Vishkar's technology allows Sanjay to turn out the lights for the enemies all around the map, reducing their field of vision to a 5 meter radius for 6 seconds (general areas of the map appear darker, but enemies, allies or buildable objects cannot be seen).
I don't think Bliz will attempt another because it's obvious they have no idea how to make one and balance them correctly.
another bodybuilder?
i'm all up for that 8)