Why did moira surgically modify the joints in her fingers

General Discussion
say high with moira or do any emote consisting with her moving her hands her fingers actually bend back and move like water. what the heckers its not cool or appealing its just nasty. i understand they didnt want moira to be sexualizedor known as one of the hotter females of overwatch but really? noodle fingers?
02/19/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Topher
say high with moira or do any emote consisting with her moving her hands her fingers actually bend back and move like water. what the heckers its not cool or appealing its just nasty. i understand they didnt want moira to be sexualizedor known as one of the hotter females of overwatch but really? noodle fingers?

Some people might be into noodle fingers though. D:
Maybe she just has a brutal hyperextension and double joints.
(Show my flip floppin post count correctly or i will smash nothing also why tf wont my profile pic show up)

Which emotes feature her noodle fingers? I would really like to see it. But maybe they did it to stop the proon, dunno, or for her to be seen as "creepy" or something.
02/19/2018 09:35 PMPosted by GhengisJohn

Some people might be into noodle fingers though. D:
oh god true .-.
It may just be the overwatch animation style, like one of d.va's highlights makes her leg be displaced completely from her body when you go frame by frame.
02/19/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Charx
It may just be the overwatch animation style, like one of d.va's highlights makes her leg be displaced completely from her body when you go frame by frame.
Maybe, but you also see her modifying her arm in one of her sprays, tho that may just be for her "Demon Powers"...but maybe that involved some finger joint modification....??
She also added shoe spikes on top. She stabs herself when she uses her sit emote
02/19/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Cobanat
She also added shoe spikes on top. She stabs herself when she uses her sit emote
XD
She did it just to make her wave extra spooky.

My hands actually bend like that, and I used to terrorize others by demonstrating why overextension was important for rigging. It makes for pleasant arcs in animation, even if it looks terrifying when not in motion.

If you look closely, Sombra, Lucio, D.Va, and Junkrat have similar extension in their fingers during greetings. Moira's hand just moves slowly enough to be much more noticeable.
I think its the same science that gives McCree rubberarm, rubberface, and Reinhardt rubberneck - that is, it is designed to exaggerate and communicate movement and elasticity.
02/19/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Cobanat
widows spikey hair ponytail on her limited game release skin pokes her every time she moves
I think everything about Moira is supposed to be "not quite right". Helps the creepy vibe
Imagine getting a handie from her watery noodle fingers. It'd be like having sex with a silk cushion.