Tracer needs an actual counter...

General Discussion
because McCree isn’t even close to a hard counter. Tracer can easily recall or blink right out of his flashbang and shots. Every other super soft counter she has is either not very viable or is hard to actually kill her with (Roadhog, Ana can sleep her but it’s hard)
Counters to Tracer's pulse bomb or significantly reduce it's effectiveness.

Zarya Bubble (Anyone), D.VA Defense Matrix (Anyone), Wraith Form, Fade, Transcendence (Zen only), Sound Barrier if time extremely well (anyone in range), Primal Rage, Bastion's Tank Configuration, Roadhog's self heal, Orisa fortify, Sombra's translocate, Tracer's recall, Mei's ice block, Torb's ult, Doomfist's ult. Am I missing any?

Pretty sure Zarya can do her thing even after Tracer's stuck a target. No preemptive actions needed.

Things that can one shot Tracer.

Everything that can one shot 200 hp heroes. (D.VA bomb, scatter arrow, ect.)

Everything that can one shot only Tracer (Or.... Pilot D.va.. I guess). Mei's head shot, damage boosted Widowmaker/Hanzo body shots, damage boosted McCree headshots (no flashbang required!), damage boosted direct Junkrat grenades or mines, damage boosted direct Pharah rockets (make sure to dive down on her from above for maximum effectiveness and reduce projectile travel time!), Damage boosted Soldier: 76's direct helix rockets. Torb's alt fire (must land all pellets so get in close), Damage Boosted Torb primary headshots. Half charged Doomfist Rocket punch (Must have wall impact as well). Reaper landing 11 (one more than half the total amount) pellets as headshots or 16 pellets as body damage and 3 as headshots (that's right he still doesn't need to land all his pellets!), Roadhog landing all his pellets as body damage, or half as headshots. Damage boosted dragon blade. Remember no amount or mobility or Recalls will save you from getting one-shotted!

I'm sure there's tons more via combining damage boosting, discord and nano boost in various ways. Such as Reinhardt's melee (needs all three), or Fire Strike (just damage boost and discord.)

Nail in the coffin is a successful Sombra hack can take away her defenses to avoid all of this. If the buffs go through for Sombra it's GG Tracer.

Biggest thing I can say is Overwatch is a team game. Not 1v1 death match in a vacuum Fox only, no items, final destination. Tracer's mobility DOES NOT make her immune to damage at all or even abilities as I have been hooked and flash banged mid blink countless times. People like to argue that she can just blink and avoid damage acting like it somehow makes her immune to everything and that's all they need to argue. That's way too simplistic. That's not how it works in real game play, trust me.

Incidentally both Zarya and DV.A can stop Tracer from one clipping anyone.

Can't can't recall or blink out of flash bang as an escape, she can only avoid it.

Hope this helps.
Counterplay is a little bit more intricate than a rock-paper-scissors matchup. There's more to dealing with Tracer than "pick this hero and instantly win." If you know the location of the enemy Tracer, you've cut her effectiveness in half. Of course, there are heroes like McCree, Junkrat, and D.Va that either have an easy time killing her or can shut her out.

I love how people claim she needs a counter, but she doesn't counter anyone in specific.

Of course, this is just my perspective as a support main.
If the Sombra buffs end up making her viable there would finally be a good Tracer counter in the game
Dat Sombra buff tho...
02/13/2018 04:08 PMPosted by CoolBiz125
because McCree isn’t even close to a hard counter. Tracer can easily recall or blink right out of his flashbang and shots. Every other super soft counter she has is either not very viable or is hard to actually kill her with (Roadhog, Ana can sleep her but it’s hard)

I play at 60-70 FPS locked in and its no trouble to stun and one shot head shot a tracer, also with moira's orb and attack its an easy kill on the tracer unless she has a recall. I feel that shes fair in this current meta and she has a lot of potential as people freak out when they get harassed in the back line by a tracer.
Tracer has no vertical mobility

Tracer has 150hp which means:

Junkrat/hanzo/widow/etc dmg boosted/tracer discord will one shot with a body shot.

New sombra will counter tracer.

Really people forget that tracer has 2 really big weaknesses.

I do think that she does too much damage for too much mobility.
Tracer has no vertical mobility

Tracer has 150hp which means:

Junkrat/hanzo/widow/etc dmg boosted/tracer discord will one shot with a body shot.

New sombra will counter tracer.

Really people forget that tracer has 2 really big weaknesses.

I do think that she does too much damage for too much mobility though
Sombra is going to be a big thread to her and others with her hack buff.
02/13/2018 04:20 PMPosted by DaSquyd
Counterplay is a little bit more intricate than a rock-paper-scissors matchup. There's more to dealing with Tracer than "pick this hero and instantly win." If you know the location of the enemy Tracer, you've cut her effectiveness in half. Of course, there are heroes like McCree, Junkrat, and D.Va that either have an easy time killing her or can shut her out.

I love how people claim she needs a counter, but she doesn't counter anyone in specific.

Thank God someone gets it.

Tracer has looooads of characters that makes her life miserable. McCree, Torb'jorn, Junkrat ... A good Sombra, in particular, will completely shut her down. Being able to effortlessly win 1v1s is not all a counter entails, guys.

Health pack denial is a major hindrance to Tracer play. And being able to get a hack off means Tracer is dead pretty much 100% of the time. This DOES NOT MEAN that Sombra should just run up to Tracer and attempt to hack her. No, that's dumb. Sombra needs pick her angles and timing, and she can easily catch the Tracer off-guard.

Again, this doesn't mean Sombra has to run up and win a 1v1 in order to be considered a counter.

Now, with the buffs coming to Sombra, this will make her an even more effective, obvious counter. So then maybe people can finally shut the frick up about this. But I doubt it. Until people have a big red "I Win" button against Genji and Tracer, they'll continue to be considered broken/OP'd by the masses.
U know that this game is built around the focus-fire mechanic and not the actual counter-pick mechanic? That is why elims are shared between everyone involved and Zen's orb is the brightest indicator of the focus-fire driven gameplay?

U guessed right - u counter Tracer by focus-firing at her. 1v1 she can kill practically anyone.
02/13/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Crepsly

Thank God someone gets it.

Tracer has looooads of characters that makes her life miserable. McCree, Torb'jorn, Junkrat ... A good Sombra, in particular, will completely shut her down. Being able to effortlessly win 1v1s is not all a counter entails, guys.

Health pack denial is a major hindrance to Tracer play. And being able to get a hack off means Tracer is dead pretty much 100% of the time. This DOES NOT MEAN that Sombra should just run up to Tracer and attempt to hack her. No, that's dumb. Sombra needs pick her angles and timing, and she can easily catch the Tracer off-guard.

Again, this doesn't mean Sombra has to run up and win a 1v1 in order to be considered a counter.

Now, with the buffs coming to Sombra, this will make her an even more effective, obvious counter. So then maybe people can finally shut the frick up about this. But I doubt it. Until people have a big red "I Win" button against Genji and Tracer, they'll continue to be considered broken/OP'd by the masses.

I would be fine with this if some many other hero's didn't have a I win counter. This game was claimed to be all about switching hero's and changing your strategy to combat other tactics. This is true for many hero's. However for genji and especially tracer this is not true at all. This is why pro's use them both a lot they are great against all hero's and in all situations.
Most of us don't want them nerfed we just want them to have an actual hard counter or remove hard counters for all the other hero's. It really is unfair that genji and tracer are always viable while this is not true for nearly every other hero.
About Tracer, she's really as good as the player is. No other hero is quite like that. What I mean is that when a Tracer dies, it's only because she let it happen. A good Tracer will always make sure they have blinks and recall, thereby making her hard to hit and making the engagements happen and end on her terms. Add in her small hitbox, close range burst damage, and superior base speed, and this is where the outcry that Tracer is op comes from.

The devs have stated in the past that they like to balance the game around Tracer, but I feel that's hard to do so with someone who holds such power potential as her. I don't really have a solution or opinion on the matter but I just know she's pretty annoying to fight against.
Doomfist should be able to rip out her chronal accelerator just like in the short immobilizing her for the rest of the game!
Did someone say that Torb counters Tracer because lmao thats is one good joke if I ever heard one.

Also saying that ~ teem kurdhinashuun~ counters Tracer is like saying that aim counters her. Big news you all, team coordination and good aiming counter everyone! Which is also why instakill bursts and hard CC arent Tracer counters either, they will always counter everyoner harder that they counter Tracer.

An actual Tracer counter could need to counter her without countering everyone else harder. Thats why McCree isnt a ''tracer counter'' he just kills anyone with Fan the Hammer that isnt a tank. Thats why Junkrat isnt a Tracer counter, because he oneshots inmobile heroes easier that Tracers. Same reason why Doomfist's oneshot countersinmobile heroes harder that it counters Tracer (or Genji). Sombra's hack affects inmobile heroes that cant escape it way harder that Tracer who can blink away.An actual Tracer counters needs to have specific anti-mobility debuffs in their kit that dont affect inmobile heroes harder. Otherwise they are just overpowered.

Counterplay is a little bit more intricate than a rock-paper-scissors matchup. There's more to dealing with Tracer than "pick this hero and instantly win."

That could be true if basically half the cast didnt have hardcounters. Like... several heroes being stone hard countered by Tracer/Pharah/Junkrat is OK but Tracer having one (1) single hardcounter that at the very least makes her debate to change picks is An Unforgivable Sin.
What is all this fuss about Tracer lately??
She is the same since the beginning of the game. She wasn't op 2 years ago and she isn't op today.

I'm a support main in masters and at no point in time (or space) did I feel "being stumped" by a Tracer if she went after me.
The matchup always felt fair.

People tend to ignore her in a team fight, because she looks so innocent. Joke is on you guys.
Every heroes have a counter in my opinion, but it is not strictly in a sense of 1 v 1, or in a sense of simply picking this hero will immediately cancel the other hero regardless of skill. That is a very bad form of design, and unsuitable for competitive or esport scene.

I am curious but where is this whole "tracer has no counter" comes from? You would think players will play that hero all the time in my match, but she doesn't stood out for me.

I asked this once in my forum post (but nobody answer), so I will ask again, why do players think McCree is an anti-flanker? Is there such memo next to his name or something?
02/13/2018 04:46 PMPosted by nisdec
What is all this fuss about Tracer lately??

People have been complaining about Tracer since the beginning, it just wasnt until we had a second big OWL event that the fact she is a must pick at high levels and a complete annoyance at low levels came into popular light.

Also everyone else has been nerfed in some way but Tracer (and a select few others like Genji).
Lock up your Tracers, hide your electronics because Sombra is coming....
I feel like some people won't be happy until they have a hero who has a 100% guaranteed kill vs Tracer in every engagement. McCree, Moira, Hog, naaah...those take too much work. We need a hero who can kill Tracer easily every single time they cross paths.

Some of you need to complain a little less and practice a little more. Tracer has viable counterplay in this game and I experience it every day.