McCree's Deadeye Discussion

General Discussion
This isn't a thread where I'm crying for McCree to be buffed or anything, I just want to hear what people think about McCrees ult.

I know it isn't that bad, (its good for taking out usually 1-2 people quickly), but I've heard it be referred to as the (Press Q to respawn button) so many times because that's what happens when you use his ult 90% of the time.
Since McCree lights up like a christmas tree on steroids and walks like a snail, its really easy to take him out while he uses it.

I personally don't have problems with it because I find its very good to use when you flank the enemy team and they don't see it coming (which I guess is the intended use for it?)
Anyway, I just want to know other peoples opinion on his ult because I know a lot of people call it the instant respawn ult, but maybe some other people feel its not that bad like me?
I think its okay, just don't wait for the team kill. Once you see someone start shooting at you, fire. Otherwise you'll die.
I just want to remove the glowing visual that comes with it. I'm already shouting out that I'm ulting and standing still - do I have to be a glowing target too?
02/14/2018 02:13 PMPosted by RoboCombat
I think its okay, just don't wait for the team kill. Once you see someone start shooting at you, fire. Otherwise you'll die.

Yeah I said in my post I think its fine, but I just got out of a game with my friend and he asked why I play McCree so much since he thinks his ult is useless...
02/14/2018 02:14 PMPosted by CaptPlanet
I just want to remove the glowing visual that comes with it. I'm already shouting out that I'm ulting and standing still - do I have to be a glowing target too?

I feel like this could be a welcomed 'slight' buff to McCree since it doesn't really make sense for him to light up like the sun just for an ult since he already walks like a slug and screams where ever he is at that time... but idk maybe some people would complain that they cant kill him as easy then :P
when the enemy mccree ults and i miss his head i want to uninstall.
It's trash. There is absolutely no reason for it to charge fast for the first second and then slow down. It means you lock onto squishies quickly but its mostly useless vs tanks.

That's assuming:
Dva doesn't dive you with defense matrix or even just her body
Genji doesn't reflect
Hog doesn't hook
Sombra doesn't hack
There is no torb turret
no snipers
zaryas bubbles are on cooldown
zen doesn't have ult to body block you
ana doesn't sleep you

etc, etc.

The devs don't care for McCree, I don't know why. He isn't terrible (I've sure played him enough) but he does have the lowest dps winrate in masters+ besides Hanzo, but they never mention him. Lowest K:D as well.

Last time someone complained Jeff posted that clip of Pine killing 5 with a mercy pocket like that means hes ok, even though any other DPS could have done the same thing with that positioning + pocket. There is a reason you now see widow much more than McCree in OWL. McCree Can.Not.Escape.

If you want him dead you just jump him with Dva and Winston and he melts. He has no counter for that.
02/14/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Killbill
when the enemy mccree ults and i miss his head i want to uninstall.
I feel that pain too man :/

@Reboticon

Good points, there are so many counters when McCree ults that I feel like thats why it usually results in him dying when he uses it. I don't think its that that devs dont care for McCree though, because in the hands of an experienced McCree (like Pine), he can be devastating. As for him not being picked in masters as much I think thats simply because of more versatile DPS picks like Genji and Soldier that have better survivability, etc.
The forums seem pretty please with this ult, but if you go browse through the top 100 and compare the different heroes you will find deadeye near the very bottom of kills per 10 minutes.

Having said that, it is very effective at zoning people out of an area so maybe the devs are happy with it for that reason. I often wonder what they really want out of ults in general.
One of the problems I have with it is even when you flank to use it there are heros like Genji and Dva that can easily draw out the time you'd need to execute it so its even more likely for you to die, or just have it get blocked by shields or flat out killed before you can get red skull markers especially if theres a sniper, and with Hanzo soon to be on his way to becoming a meta pick since Blizzard is making it their focus...

It usually feels like not using the ult when you have it is a better option more than not.

If McCree had an ultimate that was only meant to get maybe 1 kill, that took skill to pull off and did not leave him so vulnerable so there was more opportunity to use vs competent players I'd be happy.

I hope Jeff Kaplan understands that MERCY MAKES UP FOR MCCREE'S WEAKNESSES IN OWL! Watch what happens to McCree's pick rate when Mercy is no longer relevant, even with the god like precision some of the pros may have it wont be enough to keep McCree's position in the pro meta because his kit and ult just aren't mobile enough.