Stop for a second and BREATHE!

General Discussion
Over the past couple weeks, I have seen conditions deteriorate in every community I'm a part of:

In my hometown city here in Indiana, my high school (which is a symbol and source of pride for the entire city) and its community is hurting (and if you've known me for any amount of time, you will know when my hometown community is hurting, I'm hurting) after some rather strange incidents over the past couple weeks (and this misery is of course compounded by yesterday's events coming out of Florida).

At the community college I go to, students are panicking for very strange reasons, and the reasons are as varied as the students themselves. It's getting to the point where Campus Security is playing the role of "support counselor" during their hallway patrols.

On the World of Warcraft forums, I've seen people panic because they fear their precious Horde Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner will turn into Garrosh 2.0, with some even going as far as making death threats via Twitter to a Blizzard writer (and I have to ask, WHY?)

And now here on the Overwatch forums, I'm seeing people panic for various reasons, including but not limited to Mercy and her nerfs, Junkrat and his "nerf", Genji + Tracer pickrates and bugs, and matchmaking problems.

"So what are you going to do about it, Arena25?" No doubt the question on your minds right now, and isn't it lucky you are talking to Arena25, because he's going to tell you EXACTLY what we're going to do. I'm going to speak to each and every community (or try to speak to as many members of that community as possible) in the hopes we can all calm the **** down. I just spoke to the WoW community via forums about the need to breathe, and now I'm going to speak to you guys. This might net me a forum suspension, but at this point something has to be done.

First, let me address the elephant in the room: It is no secret that there are heroes who needs fixes, nerfs, and/or buffs. And it is no secret that MMR is broken, or can be gamed to reach a desired MMR or SR (smurfs thrive on gaming the MMR so they can stomp noobs).

But according to Blizzard, there are 30 million players playing Overwatch. And while we can dispute that number, there remains one truth: There are a lot of players, each with their own opinions about how the game should be balanced. This is why Jeff and the team makes its decisions from three sources: Player feedback (from all types of players, not just the ones in OWL), statistics (which are pulled from data lodged in the computer/server), and from developer intuition (which is based on what a hero was designed to do in-game). And Jeff acknowledged that if one of three sides was not in agreement with the other two (for example: developer intuition is conflicting with what both the statistics says as well as the vast majority of player feedback says), then it was up to the dev team to figure out why that is the case. And doing so takes time.

What that means: Just because we may say "Fix Genji Deflect hitbox" or "Buff Mei" or "Rework Scatter Arrow" doesn't mean they will be buffed/nerfed/fixed/reworked immediately. We all need to be patient. Not everything will be addressed right away.

To recap: There are many things broken with the game (even if the devs won't acknowledge it), and working on fixes take time. So, please, for the love of God, stop for a second AND BREATHE! Don't tear apart this community. Fixes will come. As my former instructor in Taekwondo repeatedly said to his students during my training:

"Patience, my students. Good things come to those who are patient."

That is all. I yield.
Wall of text and no TL:DR

No thanks.
the florida incident and problems with your hometown have nothing to do with the game and the balance changes... noone is exactly panicking over nerfs or buffs. Everyone is just complaining like always
02/15/2018 12:13 PMPosted by McDuckington
Wall of text and no TL:DR

No thanks.

I appreciate your non-constructive feedback. I will take that feedback into account when I decide whether or not to report you for trolling.
02/15/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Arena25
Over the past couple weeks, I have seen conditions deteriorate in every community I'm a part of:

In my hometown city here in Indiana, my high school (which is a symbol and source of pride for the entire city) and its community is hurting (and if you've known me for any amount of time, you will know when my hometown community is hurting, I'm hurting) after some rather strange incidents over the past couple weeks (and this misery is of course compounded by yesterday's events coming out of Florida).

At the community college I go to, students are panicking for very strange reasons, and the reasons are as varied as the students themselves. It's getting to the point where Campus Security is playing the role of "support counselor" during their hallway patrols.

On the World of Warcraft forums, I've seen people panic because they fear their precious Horde Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner will turn into Garrosh 2.0, with some even going as far as making death threats via Twitter to a Blizzard writer (and I have to ask, WHY?)

And now here on the Overwatch forums, I'm seeing people panic for various reasons, including but not limited to Mercy and her nerfs, Junkrat and his "nerf", Genji + Tracer pickrates and bugs, and matchmaking problems.

"So what are you going to do about it, Arena25?" No doubt the question on your minds right now, and isn't it lucky you are talking to Arena25, because he's going to tell you EXACTLY what we're going to do. I'm going to speak to each and every community (or try to speak to as many members of that community as possible) in the hopes we can all calm the **** down. I just spoke to the WoW community via forums about the need to breathe, and now I'm going to speak to you guys. This might net me a forum suspension, but at this point something has to be done.

First, let me address the elephant in the room: It is no secret that there are heroes who needs fixes, nerfs, and/or buffs. And it is no secret that MMR is broken, or can be gamed to reach a desired MMR or SR (smurfs thrive on gaming the MMR so they can stomp noobs).

But according to Blizzard, there are 30 million players playing Overwatch. And while we can dispute that number, there remains one truth: There are a lot of players, each with their own opinions about how the game should be balanced. This is why Jeff and the team makes its decisions from three sources: Player feedback (from all types of players, not just the ones in OWL), statistics (which are pulled from data lodged in the computer/server), and from developer intuition (which is based on what a hero was designed to do in-game). And Jeff acknowledged that if one of three sides was not in agreement with the other two (for example: developer intuition is conflicting with what both the statistics says as well as the vast majority of player feedback says), then it was up to the dev team to figure out why that is the case. And doing so takes time.

What that means: Just because we may say "Fix Genji Deflect hitbox" or "Buff Mei" or "Rework Scatter Arrow" doesn't mean they will be buffed/nerfed/fixed/reworked immediately. We all need to be patient. Not everything will be addressed right away.

To recap: There are many things broken with the game (even if the devs won't acknowledge it), and working on fixes take time. So, please, for the love of God, stop for a second AND BREATHE! Don't tear apart this community. Fixes will come. As my former instructor in Taekwondo repeatedly said to his students during my training:

"Patience, my students. Good things come to those who are patient."

That is all. I yield.

Three Mercy megathreads (one was outdated, so they replaced it) full of feedback. First few pages have tons of suggestions for Mercy.
Last few pages are people getting angry that none of said suggestions are implemented and that Jeff posted about Mercy in a different thread instead of the DEV CREATED one that is for FEEDBACK ON MERCY.

The dev created thread hasn’t been responded to by a dev after hundreds of pages of feedback. Ironic or just sad?

I yield.
02/15/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Arena25
I appreciate your non-constructive feedback. I will take that feedback into account when I decide whether or not to report you for trolling.

haha okay
Okay. *Breathes. *Goes back to forums. *First post is a genji main telling blizzard to remove Moira’s orb. *panics again.
02/15/2018 01:10 PMPosted by McDuckington
02/15/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Arena25

haha okay

I see nothing funny about this, mate. So stop taking everything like its a big joke. Cos I'm certainly not laughing.

02/15/2018 01:18 PMPosted by EdgiestName
Okay. *Breathes. *Goes back to forums. *First post is a genji main telling blizzard to remove Moira’s orb. *panics again.

Thank you for your non-constructive feedback/poor RP as well as your poorly-named BTag. I will take these things into account when I decide whether or not to report you for trolling.
02/15/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Arena25
02/15/2018 01:10 PMPosted by McDuckington

haha okay

I see nothing funny about this, mate. So stop taking everything like its a big joke. Cos I'm certainly not laughing.

02/15/2018 01:18 PMPosted by EdgiestName

Thank you for your non-constructive feedback/poor RP as well as your poorly-named BTag. I will take these things into account when I decide whether or not to report you for trolling.

arent you being a little contradictory? you tell people to relax and breathe, but you start flaming others for talking in a forum.
I wouldn't worry.

Life throws you curveballs from time too time.

The honest truth is that life and the world are a horrible dreary place. Only the people who choose to not be consumed by rediculous or horrible events come out on top and often or not are the ones holding it up. If you see one bad thing and then another and then another you will end up seeing more bad than good because you will end up looking for the problems. Do the opposite look for the good things. Seriously, ive been there where you end up seeing nothing but bad its not a good place but theres still good things here and there and well everywhere.

I dont know whats going on in your community so I cannot say anything on that.

But as for gaming forums, WoW, Ow or any other. Take them as a grain of salt. Forums are mediums for peoples complaints but often or not people dont use them for constructive things. They use them for rants and other hateful things. There have been some fun things here but people tend too go overboard when they care. Perhaps too much? Regardless, every community has its "problems" whether it be gaming or a town or village community.

Dont let it hit you so hard. Theres enough horrible things in the world no need to add too it or let it consume you.
I would breath but mercy is dead and it bothers me.

She will not come back due to the pure hate the community has for mercy

I die inside every game when I get toxic players who instantly throw the moment o pick mercy and then message me boosted or she’s trash play a real hero....

I panic every developer update and forum post about mercy becasue it usually mean shaving to learn a whole new playstyle after just getting used to the other one they’d previously ‘nerfed’