Bastion rework for more versatility and adaption.

General Discussion
This is heavily inspired by these two threads and I have added my own ideas in there too

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761876286?page=1
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758556320?page=1

Overview: This rework will give him more versatility and mobility. All modes will be powerful in their own niche. It will give him options and the ability to adapt to the situation.

General:
    Remove ironclad
    +65 armor.
    Notes: This will make grenades/rockets/Widow/Hanzo require 4 hits to kill in all modes but doesn't scale with burst damage like damage resist does.

Self Heal:
    remove .5 second delay.
    Allows healing while reconfiguring.
    Notes: Self Heal will deploy instantly now. The ability to heal while reconfiguring will allow him to stand up without a death sentence. Normally you'll get trapped in sentry healing yourself until it runs out and if you stand you die.

Configuration: Recon:
    Increased ammo from 25 to 35.
    Notes: The extra ammo will allow him to provide sustained fire while remaining mobile

Configuration: Sentry:
    Reduce ammo to 200 from 300
    Can headshot.
    reverted spread.
    Notes: These changes will allow him to be a true tank buster and PharMercy counter and without ironclad, the bonus armor doesn't scale with the damage, he will be much more vulnerable to attack. A pure glass cannon.

Configuration: Tank:
    E slot will now transform you into a less powerful tankmode
    stats:
    Footstep sound is the same but loses the piercing ultimate echo.
    Reconfiguring has the same sound as sentry to recon and recon to sentry without the battle cry.
    130 damage per shot
    80 minimum splash damage (Like Phara's rockets, unless I am mistaken.)
    5 ammo
    2 second reload
    No self damage (retains self knockback)
    notes: This will give him more vertical mobility and a skillshot burst weapon with a faster projectile speed than Phara's rockets but he is hampered by barriers as he is stuck on the ground and rocket jumping doesn't get you fully over. This will allow him to engage squishy heroes more effectively but loses the high headshot damage from recon and sentry. The damage is 130 so it will kill a Reaper in 2 direct hits

Ultimate: Overclock:
Overclocked General:
    1 - 1.5 second cast time
    All modes gain 185 armor upon activation (equal to 450 total hp with the +65)
    10 second duration
    2x swap speed. It'll look super janky but it'll help adapt with his ult.
    Makes the battlecry sound when ulting.
    Notes:
    This will give Bastion the survivability he needs in a fight after he's ulted. It will give him a more hands on feeling instead of just firing rockets from behind your teamates or just hoping you don't get hooked. The swap speed will give him quick access to the modes he needs to adapt to the situation while ulting

Overclocked Recon:
    50% faster move speed.
    50% faster firerate. 12 bullets per second up from 8
    Infinite ammo.

Overclocked Sentry:
    Gains immunity to CC.
    Infinite ammo.
    Notes: this, coupled with the 450 hp while ulting, will allow him to stand his ground without his team piled on top of him while giving him better suppressing fire.

A small note:
    To switch to recon you push the key of the mode you're in and to switch to one configuration to the other you push the respective key of the one you want to use.

Overclocked Tank:
    Damage increased to 205 per shot.
    Infinite ammo.
    No self damage (retains self knockback).
    Notes:
    This is just old tank but the no self damage will help him fight up close without just killing himself

Conclusion: The point of these changes is to have another mode, and each one has its special niche. Recon for good, sustained mobile hitscan damage, Sentry for killing tanks, barriers, and flying targets as a glass cannon, and tank is good for vertical mobility and a mobile answer to small fast characters with a skillshot cannon with splash. He will be able adapt to the situation and changes his specialty with each mode. His ultimate will enforce those roles even harder and allows faster changing between each one for maximum versatility.
First! This post nearly got buried...
Sounds pretty solid but I think 130 damage for a mobile E ability might be a tad bit too much.
I don't think infinite ammo is a good idea right now... see how that worked with Mercy even tho she wasn't supposed to use the gun. Maybe make the cartridge bigger? More ammo, not enough to make him broken but sufficient to make his ult a threat like any other.

Overall I like your idea, hope Papa Jeff gives his thoughts.
02/16/2018 12:04 AMPosted by NecroDancer
Sounds pretty solid but I think 130 damage for a mobile E ability might be a tad bit too much.

It's not a mobility ability it's a whole new config.

While I personally think the damage should be 100 because the projectile is both faster and easier to use than Pharah's but also allows Basty to 2 shot Genji/Tracers.

But it is his rework.
I won’t stop fighting for this. All Bastion needs is for his ult sound to go on his E
I will fight for a "Revert" On Sentry Any day of the week. :3
I Want My Old Friend Back. ;-;
I miss feeling powerful as my favorite character...
Now i get told to switch more often then not..
And threatened with reports. .-.
02/16/2018 12:05 AMPosted by AlternateZ
I don't think infinite ammo is a good idea right now... see how that worked with Mercy even tho she wasn't supposed to use the gun. Maybe make the cartridge bigger? More ammo, not enough to make him broken but sufficient to make his ult a threat like any other.

tankmode currently gets infinite though. Is it too much on the others?
02/16/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Terranguard
02/16/2018 12:05 AMPosted by AlternateZ

tankmode currently gets infinite though. Is it too much on the others?

Considering that Tank Mode is currently his only means of dealing damage while ulting it is pretty much needed.

Well I must confess I have mixed opinions about the infinite ammo. But I think making him have just larger amounts of ammo instead of infinite would make him not get near the border of broken.
This would certainly make bastion a lot more interesting.
Too much
02/16/2018 12:26 AMPosted by dradventure
Too much

Mind explaining?
02/16/2018 12:04 AMPosted by NecroDancer
I just used 130 because 120 would leave Reaper/Mei at 240 HP and Bastion can't quick melee while configured so I was just thinking 2 direct hits should kill them. They both have ways of avoiding it so it's not like he'll hard counter them or anything.
Your making a character who should be less mobile purely because of a mid to close range gatlin gun with 300 rounds into a tank/tank buster when he is really a shield buster.

Without actually giving him weakness. I too can over buff a character that is almost perfectly balanced.
Your making a character who should be less mobile purely because of a mid to close range gatlin gun with 300 damage into a tank/tank buster when he is really a shield buster.

Wasn't a "Shield Buster" In the first place, A "Shield Buster" doesn't make much sense anyways as we already have Junkrat and such..
Just let us have our Machine Gun...

Just my Honest opinion.

Edit: Originally had only 200 rounds too, And Bastion's Greatest weakness has always been Being a Stationary target, in a game FULL of movement abilities.
02/16/2018 12:32 AMPosted by dradventure
Your making a character who should be less mobile purely because of a mid to close range gatlin gun with 300 rounds into a tank/tank buster when he is really a shield buster.

Without actually giving him weakness. I too can over buff a character that is almost perfectly balanced.
90% of these buffs only effect one mode at a time so it's not like I'm super boosting one mode.

And Bastion when he had headshots and low spread was still underpowered and the devs wanted him to be a tank buster so that argument goes out the window.

and he's far from perfectly balanced.
02/16/2018 12:29 AMPosted by Doc
02/16/2018 12:26 AMPosted by dradventure
Too much

Mind explaining?
I think he means he thinks there's just too many things changing.
You know me anything that gives me the ability to take out airborne threats always gets a +1 I like the idea.
Some numbers should probably be tweaked but your ideas are pretty interesting.

Still, if Blizzard doesn't want to test these changes on the PTR, they should at least give a try to the following ones:

- 150 health + 150 armor instead of 200 health + 100 armour
and/or
- no 0,5 delay from self healing
and/or
- 30 rounds mag in recon mode instead of 25
and
- no self damage from tank mode

PLEASE Blizz, since you are working on buffs and reworks on the least used heroes (Mei, Torb, Hanzo, Doomfist, Sombra), please address Bastion as well.
We don't want it overpowered, just not a troll pick. (Yesterday I was abused in chat once again for trying it in a comp game, and I'm only in plat).
Not gonna let this thread die it has good suggestions!