ICYMI: New Forums launch 2/20! What do you look forward to?

General Discussion
There was a follow up post from Community Manager Tom Powers about the new forums launching in the Announcements Forum.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761366034#post-2

What new features are you looking forward to? Myself personally love the fact that I will be able to eventually get direct linking, be able to post images, and be able to embed videos as it will help me help others in the tech support forum where I spend most of my time.

I kinda wish they would detail if we would get more forums other than the standard seven we have right now. I am hopeful for a separate OWL/Esports forum, a hero-balance discussion forum, and maybe a fan art forum.
I wished our posts would make the transition over, but I guess they can't do that for some reason. Oh well. Guess we'll just have to repost them.

I hope we get a poster blacklist option. Blacklisting threads from people who we blocked. That'd do so much good in the world.

I'd also love to get a personal signature option that will be put at the bottom of all our posts.
I really hope for the ability to complete ignore threads and users, nothing more annoying than seeing a ridiculous thread title or seeing the name of a spammer you ignored knowing full well what's inside
Not sure how the trust system works, will we able to post opinions that is different from the majority of the people here?
What does he mean by "trolling?" I mean,I know what trolling is, but some people consider posts that aren't about trolling, trolling (Talking about ships, issues, etc.) I mean, do downvotes determine what's a troll or do the mods?

Also, it seems you can only post links and gifs IF you have a good trust level and maintain it. Who determines the trust level? The mods or the users?

What they should do is make a forum for people to talk about ships, fun OW things, lore etc. (since even thoug it's OW related, people don't want to read it) only while have another forum for people to discuss PTR, the game nerfs buffs etc. Really would help.
Looks like another social experiment, like their in game reporting system.
Show notifications when someone replies in your thread or when someone upvotes your post.
The trust status thing sounds awesome. I look forward to trying to work up the ranks lol
02/16/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Reaper
I wished our posts would make the transition over, but I guess they can't do that for some reason. Oh well. Guess we'll just have to repost them.

I am still working on archiving all relevant blue posts in image form. Nothing that is outdated hero balance (though I am saving Jeff Kaplan's response for #RevertMercy for a while... lol), or tech support/bug posts, etc. But the posts that explains their policy or philosophy with Overwatch.

02/16/2018 05:55 PMPosted by ChillPill
Not sure how the trust system works, will we able to post opinions that is different from the majority of the people here?

The original post does say there will be a "flagging" system. While I don't think getting flagged lowers trust, but if you are found responsible for violating forum rules, then your trust will be lowered when they lock your post, etc.
A post history that updates more than once a century
02/16/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Dysvalence
A post history that updates more than once a century

No kidding right? I forgot to mention that I am looking forward to the notification system as well. Ever since I started posting on Reddit, I love the "New Message" alerts I get there so that I know I follow up on a post I made such as asking a player to do a connection test or something like that. I feel like I have dropped hundreds of threads due to not seeing an immediate response on these current forums.
Uh oh I have a lot of threads I’m going to have to repost...
i hope trust levels are called something else because that name is lame
I hope I can change my player icon
I hope that trust levels end up working out like they are intended to, because if they work, I feel like that will help the overall forum quality a lot.
02/16/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Froilen
I hope I can change my player icon

Is your player icon stuck now? You show to be using both PC and console. Unfortunately the current forums default to the PC Player Icon setting.
This is nice to hear and thanks for bringing it up.
Players who contribute to the forums in a constructive way will be granted additional features and permissions such as link previews, images, gifs, and embedded video posting.

If RichC doesn't get at least one of these within a month, i'm quitting.
Less censorship would be a good start. But i fear like this "new" forum will only make matters worse on that part...
more sub-categories/forums, of course. especially off topic and a community concepts sub-forums.

in addition, a notification system that lets you know when someone has quoted you.

a controversial and most popular sub-forum would also be nice.