Reinhardt's ultimate - bug or intended?

General Discussion
02/17/2018 06:13 PMPosted by SlowOldMan
02/17/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Nexus
Playing as Mercy I had just popped my Valkyrie and Rein popped his on me. Disregarding the fact I was flying and still got caught by his Earthshatter, why did his ultimate interrupt my ultimate, which is a transformation ultimate, not a channelled one...

During transformation you are not actually flying YET. Reinhardt ult interrupts all transformations during the process if the timing is right. Bastion, Junkrat etc. I have done it and had it done to me.

Why should it interrupt ultimates, if McCree's flashbang, Sombra's EMP and Roadhog's hook don't?
Yup, Reinhardt’s Ultimate is pretty much one giant bug
02/17/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Nexus
02/17/2018 06:13 PMPosted by SlowOldMan

During transformation you are not actually flying YET. Reinhardt ult interrupts all transformations during the process if the timing is right. Bastion, Junkrat etc. I have done it and had it done to me.

Why should it interrupt ultimates, if McCree's flashbang, Sombra's EMP and Roadhog's hook don't?

Yes it does. As junk I have had my tire interrupted by a flashbang at the moment I am trying to use it. Same with Rein and several others.
02/17/2018 06:33 PMPosted by SlowOldMan
02/17/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Nexus

Yes it does. As junk I have had my tire interrupted by a flashbang at the moment I am trying to use it. Same with Rein and several others.

I think Nexus is speaking about just the transformation Ultimate's. As was stated earlier, the only transformation ultimate in the game that immune to all forms of cancellation is Genji.

Once Blizzard did the Ultimate change where once its used you lose it, it honestly should have affected all heroes, not just the ones that don't transform.
02/17/2018 06:33 PMPosted by SlowOldMan
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Junkrat's not a transformation ultimate, it's a cast-time ultimate, which is deniable.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759258347#post-4