the ult loss change was a disaster

General Discussion
02/18/2018 11:01 PMPosted by bro
blizzard has a horrible habit of making changes to the fundamental mechanics that ruin other characters as a result

Ult loss was done because genji ulting too often was a problem, just like how Winston's leap was messed up so they changed aerial momentum which then ruined Lucio. Why not just fix the fuccking problem instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

The issue wasn't just Genji.

If you invest an ult and get shutdown, you deserve to lose it.

That applies to every hero.
02/18/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Luca
02/18/2018 11:01 PMPosted by bro
blizzard has a horrible habit of making changes to the fundamental mechanics that ruin other characters as a result

Ult loss was done because genji ulting too often was a problem, just like how Winston's leap was messed up so they changed aerial momentum which then ruined Lucio. Why not just fix the fuccking problem instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

except Genji
02/18/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Natorian
02/18/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Luca

except Genji

Genji loses his ult...

Soldier kept his ult if he died during the cast.

Mei kept her ult if she died during the cast.

Bastion kept his ult if he died during the cast.

Even Pharah could fire enough rockets to kill an enemy but still keep 70% of her ultimate if she died right after using it.
02/18/2018 11:17 PMPosted by Luca
02/18/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Natorian

except Genji

Genji loses his ult...

Soldier kept his ult if he died during the cast.

Mei kept her ult if she died during the cast.

Bastion kept his ult if he died during the cast.

Even Pharah could fire enough rockets to kill an enemy but still keep 70% of her ultimate if she died right after using it.

No, you are wrong, Genji keeps his ultimate if the animation does not finish and he gets stunned by something like Earthshatter.

This argument goes no where. Everyone who predominantly plays a hero who has a transformation Ultimate does not want to see "their" hero lose its Ultimate from any crowd control.

On the other hand, I am not sure why you are throwing your two cents in anywhere. Most of your ideas and thoughts are the exact opposite of the majority of....well....everyone else. Does it feel good to always be the "other side" of the argument just for the sake of it. If you were the subject matter expert in the balancing of Overwatch no one would play the game.
02/18/2018 11:23 PMPosted by Natorian
No, you are wrong, Genji keeps his ultimate if the animation does not finish and he gets stunned by something like Earthshatter.

He used to. He doesn't on live.

If he's stunned during the cast the cast will complete but he'll remain stunned, just kill him.

Does it feel good to always be the "other side" of the argument just for the sake of it.

The forums are filled with delusional support and tank mains, I'm against the majority because the majority is wrong.

Proof positive you have no idea what you are talking about.
02/18/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Natorian

You're the one who has no idea.

It's an objective fact that if Genji is stunned on live servers his ultimate cast will complete.

It's also an objective fact that if you kill the Genji at any point after him pressing Q he will lose his ultimate.

If he's stunned during the cast the cast will complete but he'll remain stunned, just kill him.
why doesn't that apply to all heroes? why can't lucio stay locked in his animation and remain slept/stun once he casts it. why can't mei's/tracer's ult fly and land and do what it's supposed to if they got cc'd as well? genji's ult was changed to transformation to bypass the blanket ult change they did--it's an incredibly stupid decision by blizz.
02/18/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Natorian

You're the one who has no idea.

It's an objective fact that if Genji is stunned on live servers his ultimate cast will complete.

It's also an objective fact that if you kill the Genji at any point after him pressing Q he will lose his ultimate.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759258347#post-4

Go ahead and read this. Had a good discussion with intelligent people about this subject referring to a Mercy Ultimate interaction with Earthshatter.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761886381?page=2

Don't let facts get in the way of your opinions though.
Countless times as Tracer, I deliberately dive the backline with Pulse Bomb knowing full well that I could get killed but in doing so, potentially take out 2-3 enemies. This sacrifice tactic is common place and should not get punished.

From my side (client side) I see the Pulse Bomb released before I die, but upon inspection of the death replay from the enemies perspective (server side) the bomb did not release because of latency.

If the client registers the release but the server doesn't why on earth does it get depleted?

It is so frustrating that I stopped this tactic all together.