McCree

General Discussion
Hey, I've been playing alot of McCree recently and I wanted to ask why the heeck is his roll ability a 8 second one but Moira's fade is 6?

Moira is invulnerable, invisible and fast, that's 6 seconds...

McCree is vulnerable, seeable and not that fast, that's 8 seconds...

Doesn't make sense, I think McCree should have his roll cd changed to 6 seconds.
I think it's because it's a free weapon reload rather than a dodge ability when used in most cases.
02/19/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Izzy
I think it's because it's a free weapon reload rather than a dodge ability when used in most cases.

OHH ok

You say that as if Moira ever needs reload.
one is a flank and the other a support...

you have a free stun for crying out loud...
02/19/2018 06:12 AMPosted by Huckleberry

You say that as if Moira ever needs reload.

I was talking about McCree, goofball.
Moira's is a dodge, McCree's is a reload/roll.

02/19/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Bukkit

Moira's isn't really for support, it's just a dodge/get out of jail free card (kind of).

McCree is not a flanker. He has no mobility compared to every other offense hero. Hell, Junkrat and Hanzo are better at flanking.
Because McCree can two shot most of the cast?
02/19/2018 06:11 AMPosted by tg3thrsoul

OHH ok

The thing is, myself and probably many other McCree mains would rather have the mobility. Overwatch is a game of nanoseconds, and I have died (as McCree) so many times because my roll was still on cooldown and I was unable to evade an opponent. Having a free reload is great, but I can honestly take it or leave it. Being able to reload faster has marginal benefit when using a hero who necessitates above-average aiming ability.
02/19/2018 06:17 AMPosted by Jessicka
Because McCree can two shot most of the cast?
Which requires aim...
Always thought his roll should have been 5s...
02/19/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Elfcrippler

McCree is not a flanker. He has no mobility compared to every other offense hero. Hell, Junkrat and Hanzo are better at flanking.
True that!

it barely counts as a free reload

roll reload .5 seconds to cast
reload 1.5 seconds

not much considering its on 8 second cooldown
02/19/2018 06:09 AMPosted by tg3thrsoul
Hey, I've been playing alot of McCree recently and I wanted to ask why the heeck is his roll ability a 8 second one but Moira's fade is 6?

Doesn't make sense, I think McCree should have his roll cd changed to 6 seconds.

Your kit has a free stun and you do massive left click damage. That's why

Yeah, but Moira's ability is a get-out-o-jail card. She lives. McCree can't use his ability to save himself, not to as much success as Moira.

You're asking too much. McFanthehammer will be the norm if this change is made.

lol gave u thumb up cuz it gave me image mccree doing this and then get blown up right after
02/19/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Sinistar

You're asking too much. McFanthehammer will be the norm if this change is made.
Not really. It changes nothing about his damage or the RNG spread that still plagues that ability in addition to flashbang’s inconsistencies. It would give him more survivability in a fight and a little more forgiveness on missed shots though, which could help lower ranks but probably be a little more terrifying at top tiers.
changing his roll will just give us the illusion he is somehow better while he will still be a garbage hero. like the ult change a couple of seasons back. He needs sustain.
Mccree can do a lot more damage than Moira can. So he makes it up with the longer cool down.