It’s time to play what is potg

General Discussion
Will it be:
A) 3 kills off the point leaving the point contested for a few minutes after
Or
B) Killing all 4 people contesting the point during 99 to 99 overtime
The answer is... A!!!!
Some may have guessed B, but you must take into account that the player who got the 4 kills doesn’t matter because well, reasons.
Don't really care for play of the game, it's just some algorithm the system uses. Sometimes the best potg is a good hero switch.
Potg is based on how much flame you get in a certain time period
02/19/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Zeleros

I know and you know what they say, “3 kills is better than 4”

I actually don't think that's right. The PotG algorithm seems to weight things more heavily then the flame algorithm. Things like environmental kills and ult shutdowns matter way more for PotG them on fire.
02/20/2018 12:17 AMPosted by VPLewboski

I actually don't think that's right. The PotG algorithm seems to weight things more heavily then the flame algorithm. Things like environmental kills and ult shutdowns matter way more for PotG them on fire.

Environmental Kills, Ult Shutdowns, Lifesaving, and Sharpshooting boost chances of getting PotG. Ult Shutdowns and Lifesaving seem to provide LESS of a boost than Sharpshooting and Environmental kills though.

Now that doesn't mean a Lucio can just boop two players off and get PotG. A Pharah could beat him for getting a quintuple kill with her ult for example.

Just know that if a Widow gets 4+ headshot kills in a row or a Lucio boops 4+ people off the map well... You're probably NOT getting PotG... lol

Then again I was in a custom match and got PotG as Torb using the teabag spray and dancing, so who knows.
02/19/2018 11:47 PMPosted by iamhappyso
A) 3 kills off the point leaving the point contested for a few minutes after
Or
B) Killing all 4 people contesting the point during 99 to 99 overtime
The answer is... A!!!!

Actually it would definitely be B because the POTG algorithm heavily favors anything done in overtime. Just the other day I got a 3 kill tac visor in mystery heroes, and the PotG was me .... playing Torb in OT right clicking a doomfist with low health, then missing a junkrat 4 times in a row. TADA!
One time I lost the POTG to the Hanzo on my team. This was before the recent butchering- I mean nerf, to Mercy. The point was close to the second checkpoint, I was on defence. I revived two allies, got out Mercy's little pistol, and killed 3 enemies (Widowmaker, McCree and got lucky with a Tracer who just ran right in front of me) while I was flying before going back to healing the only injured teammate which was our Reinhardt.

The Hanzo got two kills, one headshot and one bodyshot. That was it.

TL;DR. POTG system be broken.
C. Bastion for holding M1.
Who cares. If a healer prevents 5 people from dying, it doesn’t matter because a DPS presses the Q button and gets PotG
02/20/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Dreadnought
C. Bastion for holding M1.

02/20/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Dragon
Who cares. If a healer prevents 5 people from dying, it doesn’t matter because a DPS presses the Q button and gets PotG

LOOOOL rip forum btw
Sorry sir, but it’s obviously C or D.

C being a double kill rip tire.

And D being a Torbjorn sitting there.
nah, the answer is clearly:

E) Not Ana
02/19/2018 11:47 PMPosted by iamhappyso
Some may have guessed B, but you must take into account that the player who got the 4 kills doesn’t matter because well, reasons.
if you get 4 kills but do a total of 100 damage on them compared to 3 kills that you did 400 on, the latter will be chosen.