New Sombra is fun, but its too much

General Discussion
Coming from a Sombra main (more than 100 hours) who asked for these buffs for over a year.
One of the biggest issues of Sombras hack was that her hack risk/reward ratio was off.
Meaning it was too easily interrupted for how situational it was. So i thought they should either buff her hack value, or make it easier to use. Now they did both.
So to bring things a little it more in line, I'd highly suggest for a more balanced version, which wont immediatly need to get nerfed

- make hack cast time 0.7 second instead of 0.65 second. (yes, that can make all the difference sometimes)

- dont let it disable Lucios current active song. He already has somewhat of a hard time against Sombra as it is when he cant wallride and is under the risk of getting hacked or EMP'd when he drops the beat.

- leave translocator at 15 seconds, 20 seconds is really nice but not necessary. We dont want her to have an overloaded kit

- instead make timer skulls appear above hacked targets for better visualization

Thats my take on this.
I greatly appreciate the direction they take with her. I'm completely fine with removing Ult charge on hacked health packs. Being an EMP bot was never a fun job.
I really enjoy the translocater buff and find it very necessary. If you think .5 of a second is a big enough difference how is +4 seconds unescessary?
02/14/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Balista
I really enjoy the translocater buff and find it very necessary. If you think .5 of a second is a big enough difference how is +4 seconds unescessary?

Because hack can be interrupted with damage, but if you are good with her you will very rarely not get your hack off with this new cast time, unless you try to use it mid combat.
The translocator timer is there to limit what you can do, but if you know how to play her its plenty. It just makes her easier to play. I dont want to learn her again with these new buffs and then get nerfed again a few weeks later.
So basically just revert every buff except the spread??
agreed, as a sombra main myself im glad to see i'm not the only one having concerns about this:

02/14/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Deykar
It just makes her easier to play. I dont want to learn her again with these new buffs and then get nerfed again a few weeks later.
02/14/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Harley
So basically just revert every buff except the spread??

No.
- cast time buff from 0.8 to 0.7 seconds
- hacking passives excluding Lucio song
- 10% spread reduction
- timer skulls above hacked targets
- no Ult charge from hacked health packs
I enjoy translocator buff and spread buff I'd be fine if everything else didn't make it through.

Although making Lucio useless with a hack fills me with joy as i watch him move at the speed of everyone else
You sly dog OP, I see what you're doing.

You LOVE these changes, but your being modest because you're afraid Sombra will get the Mercy treatment.

Well played, OP, well played ;3
02/14/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Apollo7
I enjoy translocator buff and spread buff I'd be fine if everything else didn't make it through.

Although making Lucio useless with a hack fills me with joy as i watch him move at the speed of everyone else

Dont worry. Seeing Genji struggle while hacked because he has no double jump anymore is just as satisfying. ;) However, Lucio isnt in a great spot and cant afford to get completely destroyed by a potential new meta hero.
02/14/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Deykar
Coming from a Sombra main (more than 100 hours) who asked for these buffs for over a year.
One of the biggest issues of Sombras hack was that her hack risk/reward ratio was off.
Meaning it was too easily interrupted for how situational it was. So i thought they should either buff her hack value, or make it easier to use. Now they did both.
So to bring things a little it more in line, I'd highly suggest for a more balanced version, which wont immediatly need to get nerfed

- make hack cast time 0.7 second instead of 0.65 second. (yes, that can make all the difference sometimes)

- dont let it disable Lucios current active song. He already has somewhat of a hard time against Sombra as it is when he cant wallride and is under the risk of getting hacked or EMP'd when he drops the beat.

- leave translocator at 15 seconds, 20 seconds is really nice but not necessary. We dont want her to have an overloaded kit

- instead make timer skulls appear above hacked targets for better visualization

Thats my take on this.
I greatly appreciate the direction they take with her. I'm completely fine with removing Ult charge on hacked health packs. Being an EMP bot was never a fun job.
Yes something like this please
02/14/2018 04:59 PMPosted by AzshFayd
You sly dog OP, I see what you're doing.

You LOVE these changes, but your being modest because you're afraid Sombra will get the Mercy treatment.

Well played, OP, well played ;3

Of course, i love playing Sombra. So every buff is a win in my book. However, I dont want her get hit with the nerf hammer after a few weeks when this patch goes live.
Please Sombra mains enjoy the buff, don't let a perfect gift go to waste
02/14/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Deykar
instead make timer skulls appear above hacked targets for better visualization

The only thing I agree with here. I guarantee that after a week of being released on the main servers the buffs won't add too much value to her kit beyond her ability to hard counter Pharmercy. The reason why is that PTR is an absolutely horrible way to test the effectiveness of a nerf/buff. It's simply there for fishing out bugs. Very few matches in PTR are fair. Often I'll get placed with players who are far more skilled and they either carry or we get rolled by the other team who are even *more* smurfy. No one cares about comp in PTR either so Sombra is probably OP in the PTR because she's going up against teams that have no tanks or supports. Most of the other heroes being played are countered hard by Sombra too. Out of 10 matches I played, most had two of either Doomfist Genji or Hanzo on both teams. If she gets her buffs nerfed before they hit the live servers, I'm blaming y'all and your lukewarm takes.
The Translocator change helps scrubs like me who cannot get what I need done in 15 seconds but does not affect better players who do not need the extra time.

I am worried about the improvements to hack as a console player, especially in concert with the weapon spread decrease. If a Sombra is behind you, she should get the hack every single time on console, because turning is slower and less precise on a controller than with M+K. The changes sounds like they could be a game changer for her on PC, though.

I do wonder if the ultimate charge change for health packs means that most Sombra players will no longer hack health packs they are not going to use themselves for Transolcator.