Sombra will be too oppressive imho.

General Discussion
As a Sombra main with a collective pool of 400+hours of playtime. I wholeheartedly believe these changes are bit over-tuned and will really make Sombra oppressive. This is even more so apparent in regards to console play, with camera turn speed limit. I love Sombra and have been basically one tricking her since release. I do not think ALL these changes should go through. It will get very close to "uncounterable" and very "unfun" to play against. -waits for incoming downvotes-
I think we should wait and see how it plays in games. We are talk about a hero with the lowest winrate. She need a lot of these changes
Sombra will punish bad positioning and bad team work and that is really the sum of her changes.

You are a team and should stick near them. They should protect the healers and squishy players.
i really dont know man. i have a gut feeling this is all too much.
Wait and see. Maybe it will help promote team work more!
02/14/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Absol
i really dont know man. i have a gut feeling this is all too much.

I have a feeling deep down that this is going to be the Genji Divide for Sombra. Good Sombras will be carry heroes that ruin every game they participate in, but bad Sombras will still be bad and average out the stats.
02/14/2018 06:11 PMPosted by GildTesoro
I think we should wait and see how it plays in games. We are talk about a hero with the lowest winrate. She need a lot of these changes
Wait and see gets us mercy 2.0 so no I would rather her out the gate be balanced

This could not be related at all. I watched grat sombras winning 70% of the games. Thing is who is picking sombra and when? Do they know how to play her? It is the correct comp?

This is not an individual game so its really hard to talk about a winrate of a hero.
02/14/2018 06:18 PMPosted by dradventure
Wait and see gets us mercy 2.0 so no I would rather her out the gate be balanced

thats kind of how im feeling right now with this. Shes already an S tier spawn killer, these will push her over the top.

*edit: im already fully aware that my concerns about these buffs will be downvoted. I get that its an unpopular opinion that Sombra is already in a good position. But at the very least i think these fears should be heeded and taken more than just a grain of salt :/
Honestly, it will all depend on how fast people can react when Sombra appears to hack someone.

I know I'm screwed since I'm around the middle pack of average players with relatively slow reaction times so I expect to be hacked all the time which, as a tank player, will be pretty rough.
Honestly I’m still more afraid of a tracer and genji because they can apply constant pressure even if your grouped, and still secure kills with thier high burst. Sombra still will constantly have to leave the fight and run back. She’s much easier for support to fight back against. She’s really only going to punish people that stray off on thier own. If your with a team she’s going to have to quickly leave after taken any damage.

Just relax. She is still one of the lowest on the dps spectrum, hacks are still the same cooldown, people won’t even notice these changes unless they are playing sombra. A ten percent reduction still has plenty of spread, Translocator time was too short to begin with. They explained the typo on opportunist it doesn’t see you through walls till 50% like normal these are all just quality of life things. None is close to game breaking. Then they buffed hacks against passive that normally just stalled until the hack is over. And all these hero’s primaries still out burst her. She also lost health pack ult charge which is huge. That’s not a emp every fight anymore. It’s all a bunch of small thing with a big hit to hero that was being out done by every other hero statistically speaking.
02/14/2018 06:34 PMPosted by GildTesoro
It’s all a bunch of small thing with a big hit to hero that was being out done by every other hero statistically speaking.

It's also important to note that there was a giant wave of these threads when Sombra first arrived on PTR. They mysteriously stopped happening when Sombra started seeing use in live games, instead of Sombra 6-stack matches.
02/14/2018 06:18 PMPosted by dradventure

We don’t even know how these changes will really effect the game. We can’t even say if they are really to much or to little yet. It’s all just peoples gut feelings right now
I use Sombra as a assassin and I believe in the right hands she is good now. her buffs will only help her become more viable
02/14/2018 06:37 PMPosted by hensoldt
02/14/2018 06:34 PMPosted by GildTesoro
It’s all a bunch of small thing with a big hit to hero that was being out done by every other hero statistically speaking.

It's also important to note that there was a giant wave of these threads when Sombra first arrived on PTR. They mysteriously stopped happening when Sombra started seeing use in live games, instead of Sombra 6-stack matches.

Exactly. It looks intimidating at first glance but it’s really not that bad.
02/14/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Absol
As a Sombra main with a collective pool of 400+hours of playtime. I wholeheartedly believe these changes are bit over-tuned and will really make Sombra oppressive. This is even more so apparent in regards to console play, with camera turn speed limit. I love Sombra and have been basically one tricking her since release. I do not think ALL these changes should go through. It will get very close to "uncounterable" and very "unfun" to play against. -waits for incoming downvotes-

... How? She gets mediocre improvements to stuff she already has when she's already a high risk low reward character. It doesn't even address any of her real issues like obnoxious voicelines screwing over any idea of stealth, or the massive delay when exiting it before you can actually do anything further driving that into the ground.

The only notable improvement is activatable passives being hacked now, which they should have been from the start.
Hey I want to see sombra in owl league she has been niche for far to long let this be our time to shine.
I’m pretty optimistic about most of the changes except for the 100% opportunist. Seeing everyone basically all the time with just a smidge help just gets rid of all strategy.
Right now she seems to be op. But I guess time will tell
02/14/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Renegade
I’m pretty optimistic about most of the changes except for the 100% opportunist. Seeing everyone basically all the time with just a smidge help just gets rid of all strategy.

That isnt even a thing they explained that they described it wrong.....