adds .5 seconds to mei's freeze duration

General Discussion
forums: FINALLY she's playable now

ok i know these tiny tiny changes could possibly impact ur mei gameplay and stats but, you shouldn't need baby buffs like this just so you can efficiently play a hero
You should look up what a change is before posting about it.
you shouldn't need baby buffs like this just so you can efficiently play a hero

Says who? Baby buffs are better than sledgehammer balancing.
02/15/2018 03:17 PMPosted by FriendlyFire
You should look up what a change is before posting about it.
He’s a tad off on what the change did but the rest isn’t wrong.

It’s such a nothing change but people are like YAY MEI IS SAVED THX DAHDEE WOOO
What?

They added .5 seconds to her slow duration. Her freeze rate is still the same.

Also, I'm pretty sure most of the people in the forums basically think the changes do nothing for Mei's viability. The comments I see so far is that they don't do anything to the Heroes that Mei stuggles with (anybody with mobility), and makes her better against Heroes she's already good against (anybody without mobility).
It really doesn't help her as much as some people think it does.

Great. she can secure kills better. on immobile heroes. The heroes she had no problem with in the first place.
Actually its quite good. 1.5 seconds frozen mean anything will die. Your team will have time to react to the frozen enemy and put some extra headshots.

I wanted something different tho. If you froze an enemy for 30% it should disable extra movement abilities.
For example if you froze genji for 30%, he can't dash away.
Her freeze rate wasn't changed. Her freeze duration was buffed from 1 second to 1.5 seconds. It's a decent buff but I can't say if it addresses the core issues of the character.
Guys, I know Jeff can be a confusing mess sometimes in the dev updates, but it's her SLOW duration that's being buffed, not her freeze duration. He made the poor choice to call both freeze, when it would make more sense to call it a slow or chill. It literally just means that after your spray stops affecting a target because they got away, the lingering slow lasts slightly longer, that's it.

People you already caught, you'll see no difference. heroes with escapes, you still won't see much difference because their escapes put distance between Mei and them, sometimes a great deal. Best case scenario it let's Mei try to line up an icicle on an escaping Genji as he limps away for a moment, but most of the time it won't do anything meaningful.
02/15/2018 03:22 PMPosted by PraiseTheFun
Her freeze rate wasn't changed. Her freeze duration was buffed from 1 second to 1.5 seconds. It's a decent buff but I can't say if it addresses the core issues of the character.

That isn't what you think it is, they worded it poorly. The buff doesn't mean they stay frozen for 1.5 seconds,

it's referring to the moment when she's hitting you with her primary and you're being slowed down. basically if you broke round a corner while her primary fire was slowing you, it would wear off after a second and then you'd be able to move at regular speed again. They're just increasing THAT to 1.5 seconds, not how long you actually remain frozen.