Please bring back our soul eater

General Discussion
Remember when reaper was a !@#$ing badass? Now he has a basic vampirism effect wtf?

I liked being able to go up and nom someones soul that i had earned!!

Did you know reapers lore is him constantly reorganizing his cellular strucutre or some%^-*! thats why hes all smokey

Thus just give him a minor self heal like mercy = no lore dmgs

And give him back his coolest aspect. And it also opens up tons of lore oppurtunites again with videos!

ie... i predict he gets weakened as vampire reaper and then he shoots someone then gets back up whoohoo

Or hes weakened? shades or shadowsteps away with a cunning distraction and then he is found EATING SOME POOR SAPS SOULS ESSENCE mind you then the overwatch heroes look on in disgust!!! and remember who they are fuxin with
02/15/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Tentative
I liked being able to go up and nom someones soul that i had earned!!
Can't pick up their soul if they don't drop it

Vampire leeching on hit means you survive longer, and to balance that, they removed the health kit soul that drops.
It doesn't even matter, the vampirism is just flat out BORING lore wise in my opinion and has nothing on The soul globes and never will,

i just really hate that they scrapped it for something so damn flavorless and in EVERY moba

And if they dont wanna bring that back they should give him something like a full heal when he shadowsteps to buff it considerably, or giving him the ability to end his wraithform prematurely

HE'S SO BAD RIGHT NOW
the vampire effect is better though...
I get better and more consistent healing w/o the soul peaches IMO
Did you know reapers lore is him constantly reorganizing his cellular strucutre or some%^-*! thats why hes all smokey

Thus just give him a minor self heal like mercy = no lore dmgs

I mean technically it makes more sense lore wise to have it this way since he’s “constantly regenerating in the middle of a fight” and not “getting a random burst of regeneration every time he kills someone”.
The soul drops were very unreliable sustain-wise. It doesn’t matter if it “looked cooler” the life leech is more consistent and improved reapers ability to fight tanks substantially.
Unreliable? yeah maybe but that would easily be fixed by my other suggestion by giving him half of his healling as a passive. other half with a reward mixed in so you have to go for risks. I hate cheesy vampirism that's been in every RTS game blizzards touched for 20 years[b][/b]