Can McCree's combat roll rest on kill or lower cool down

General Discussion

During mid range and close quarter fights McCree lacks mobility and he is one of the least mobile offensive heroes
no cause then he will be too hard to kill. imagine him fanhammering a teammate, then 1 sec later he rolls and fanhammers u, not fun to play against
McCree is fine.

He's a C Tier hero, the same tier that Genji is in.
he is fine , doesn't need any changes
02/17/2018 11:57 AMPosted by SilverPryce

During mid range and close quarter fights McCree lacks mobility and he is one of the least mobile offensive heroes
Did you mean reset? That seems a little too much. Perhaps give McCree a Stamina feature so that it has a slightly faster cooldown when idling (which even then is somewhat much), but not a cooldown reset like Genji. If McCree plays well with that change, he could shoot at enemies without reloading, forever. There's a reason that heroes (save Moira) have reload animations. Could you imagine if Junkrat, a hero with lower max DPS than McCree, had infinite ammo in his primary like Moira?
McCree is in a good spot right now, what with how he can sit behind a barrier and not get insta dived and die with the right team como, or even if he is, the diving squad gets punished so much that it isn't quite worth it unless you never make a single mistake on your dive.
02/17/2018 11:59 AMPosted by M3T4
McCree is fine.

Ahahaha, you're funny.
How about -2 seconds or so to the cooldown on an elim?

Or a -1 second on a headshot? Stuff like that could be fun, although unlikely to ever get added.
02/17/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Kouri
02/17/2018 11:59 AMPosted by M3T4
McCree is fine.

Ahahaha, you're funny.

I'm serious.

Look at the OWL stats.

Genji, Widowmaker, Junkrat and McCree are all C Tier heroes.
tbh all I wish was that his Combat Roll also gave him a 50% defense buff for the duration. His hitbox just soaks up unreasonable amounts of damage when it's supposed to be a quick maneuver for reloading/avoiding shots. (It reloads, but soaks up shots. wut do???)

It could also use 1m or 2m extension for the range he rolls.
02/17/2018 12:15 PMPosted by M3T4
02/17/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Kouri

Ahahaha, you're funny.

I'm serious.

Look at the OWL stats.

Bro OWL doesn't matter for the forums when it comes to game balance.

FUN DOES LOLOLOLOLOLOLO
McCree could use a second or two shaved off his cooldowns. He’s extremely vulnerable and easily dived.
I'm serious.

Look at the OWL stats.

Tier lists don't work when they are entirely based on pickrates...thats not what a Tier list is
I'm serious.

Look at the OWL stats.

Tier lists don't work entirely based on pickrates

In a game like OW they do.

The tiers are dictated purely by the usage rate of a hero.
yeah reduce the cd and this unique ability will help mccree soooo much. even the description is like saying we didnt have the time to design something worth named "ability".

Combat(?) roll
McCree dives in the direction he's moving, effortlessly reloading his Peacekeeper in the process.
I think he's fine when he has a coordinated team behind him, but not really that great online. He's definitely a glass cannon and I'd like to see some kind of self-sustain or mobility buff. Although honestly, I'm aware he's kind of low on the pecking order of characters to buff and I don't think the devs see any reason to give him a buff. If I were to recommend anything I'd say he should have maybe 150hp and 50 armour or maybe the ability to jump at the end of combat roll to gain more distance like the way Moira can jump out of fade. It sucks to think that every other dps (soldier, tracer, genji, junkrat, widow, df, pharah, sombra, hanzo [in the future], etc.) can all get back to the fight faster or have a meaningful escape option when they get dived, but mccree can't.
McCree is supposed to be a glass cannon. With extra mobility he would be too difficult to deal with. An excellent McCree has just as good of aim as he has good map positioning. He is supposed to defend your teams backline with flashbang and FTH while also doing incredibly consistent burst damage (at least with good aim) to anyone in a medium range.
02/17/2018 12:17 PMPosted by Cloud
Bro OWL doesn't matter for the forums when it comes to game balance.

FUN DOES LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Except people commonly use OWL playtime as an excuse to nerf Genji and Tracer.
They could make it so elims reduce combat roll cd by 1 second, but he isn't a ballerina okay? He's a 37 year old man. He's not a cyborg ninja, he doesn't need to be rolling around at the speed of sound.