I really hope hero 27 is an Anchor tank

General Discussion
Anchor Tank is the official definition for Reinhardt and Orisa, which partially corresponds to what we call "main" tanks.

Together with Winston, a dive tank, we have only 3 primary tanks (4 if you want to count D.Va), which makes the situation a little stagnant. Winston in particular is by far the preferred choice in the current meta.

Regardless of the next hero's identity, be it Junkertown Queen, Hammond, Liao or Mama Hong, I seriously hope it's going to be an Anchor tank with an anti-dive AoE knockup of sorts.

After all he / she is rumored to be meta-changing, so it has to be a Winston / D.Va counter.
I'm hearing a lot of people say it's gonna be a tank, but I haven't heard anyone say what kind of tank. I'm just antsy to try the new hero already, but I'll be patient.
hog is tanky too
I don't know what the game needs at this point. It feels like we have the healing and tanking covered. The game definitely doesn't need more DPS. They say that the new hero is "meta changing", whatever that means.
02/18/2018 02:41 AMPosted by Thrillho
I don't know what the game needs at this point. It feels like we have the healing and tanking covered. The game definitely doesn't need more DPS. They say that the new hero is "meta changing", whatever that means.

Healing and DPS are definitely covered. What people seem to say the game is lacking, would be the tanks. Either because they feel there isn't enough variety or maybe its just because it's a lower number.
Id rather want a new flex tank actually, probably biased as I play them a lot. As for what the hero do, I'd like a hero that focuses on controlling the opponent but deals less raw damage, we don't really have that just yet. Perhaps doing DoT, weakens a target, AoE slow, thorns aura, or stuff along those lines
02/18/2018 02:46 AMPosted by Puppydemon
02/18/2018 02:41 AMPosted by Thrillho

Healing and DPS are definitely covered. What people seem to say the game is lacking, would be the tanks. Either because they feel there isn't enough variety or maybe its just because it's a lower number.
There are 6 tanks. There are 5 healers.
Honestly I don't ,I want to see something a bit more unique ,not more barriers.
What if they were like Winston, only instead of throwing down a bubble shield they threw down a bubble heal that was like soldiers?
It does seem likely 27 will be a tank. Some people want a defense character just because we haven't had a new one since release, but true defense characters are hard to balance. Look at Bastion, Mei, and Torbjorn. Hanzo, Junkrat, and Widow are more offensive than Doomfist even is.

But basically it boils down to their being about 16 dps and only 6 tanks, and 5 healers. We could always use more tanks and healers, the more there are, the more tank and healer mains there should be which is good for the game.
Nope, sorry. We need a new defense hero, we haven't gotten one since launch.
02/18/2018 03:01 AMPosted by Thrillho

There are 6 tanks. There are 5 healers.

And 1 Support like Symmetra.
It doesn’t need to be tank, for what I see to stop dive meta should be Defender’s job.

Since Junkrat did pretty well and now they start look into Mei & Torb, if hero 27 is design specific to anti-dive that is really a game changing move.

Also put him/her in to defense category seems logical to me, but i don’t mind is tank either.
FIRST OF ALL, who is Hero 27? I keep on seeing this name lately
02/18/2018 03:43 AMPosted by Sandman

This game most certainly does not need more dps heroes in any shape or form. Having said that, I don't think another barrier tank is needed either. Three is more than enough especially when only two of them are actually viable at the moment. On the other hand, if they could come up with a main tank that wouldn't have a shield at all, I'd be all over it. Not sure how that could work, though.
02/18/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Puuli
02/18/2018 03:43 AMPosted by Sandman

This game most certainly does not need more dps heroes in any shape or form. Having said that, I don't think another barrier tank is needed either. Three is more than enough especially when only two of them are actually viable at the moment. On the other hand, if they could come up with a main tank that wouldn't have a shield at all, I'd be all over it. Not sure how that could work, though.

Defense isn't DPS, all the Tank and Support mains just ignore them and whine for more characters, another area denial character would be great.
I just hope she’s got a cool weapon. Like a flail or something.
02/18/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Sandman
02/18/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Puuli

Defense isn't DPS, all the Tank and Support mains just ignore them and whine for more characters, another area denial character would be great.

And a defense hero is most likely to be a mobility counter. Wich is something whe need more of in the game.
I really want it to be Liao ;---;