I report every smurf for cheating

General Discussion
I don't even know why people see smurfing as something that is okay. While some people smurf to practice heroes, it doesn't have that much of a benefit, and most smurfs just play whatever they are best at, and make it unfair for the enemy team. SMURFING IS RUINING THE MATCHMAKING OF THIS GAME AND ITS NOT OKAY.
02/18/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Warthog2554
Smurfing is dishonest behavior and that falls under the category of cheating which is to act dishonest to gain an advantage because smurfs are smurfing for the sole reason of playing against lower skilled players.

Hence why it should be bannable.

Yes, which is why if someone admits to smurfing or is playing well below their SR rank (eg, Master rank vs Golds), report away. The problem is when you're assuming someone is smurfing and reporting them. Just because someone plays better than you doesn't mean they're automatically a smurf. You don't know if someone is having a good day, or if they're already in the process of moving up and out of your rank/MMR.
Just reported you for false reporting people. I hope you like that since you seems to enjoy it so much:)
02/18/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Chulainn
Just reported you for false reporting people. I hope you like that since you seems to enjoy it so much:)

Yeah, he is "False reporting" people who actively make an unfair playing environment for people who just want to play a normal game. I hope you get banned.
02/18/2018 12:41 PMPosted by SonicGamer21
02/18/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Chulainn

Yeah, he is "False reporting" people who actively make an unfair playing environment for people who just want to play a normal game. I hope you get banned.

it is false reporting if they are making an effort to be placed at their correct mmr/sr. It takes a few games for the system to adjust.

if they're throwing/boosting a player, report away. if they're not, you're wrong.
I mean....*shrug* on console i deal with them maybe all the time?..i can't tell honestly
02/18/2018 12:34 PMPosted by SonicGamer21
I don't even know why people see smurfing as something that is okay. While some people smurf to practice heroes, it doesn't have that much of a benefit, and most smurfs just play whatever they are best at, and make it unfair for the enemy team. SMURFING IS RUINING THE MATCHMAKING OF THIS GAME AND ITS NOT OKAY.

Doesn't have much of a benefit? I have a few alternate accounts I use to practice different types of heroes. As a healer main, I know the BASICS of tanking, but if I'm forced to play a tank in comp -- we're gonna lose. I play one tank account and one DPS account because I'm not good enough to play either at mid-diamond.
I started doing this because we've gotten four or more healer mains in comp at once and it often kills the match.

I hate people that purposefully smurf to lower ranks to stomp people. That's super unfair. I've been on teams that have been stomped by Tracer or Genji smurfs that definitely belong at a different rank. Those are the ones that are ruining comp and making it unfair.
Only way I could see to report smurfs for cheating is when smurfs legitimately said they smurf around this rank with these accounts, because they enjoy doing so, and they derank on purpose to get back to certain rank to continue smurfing.

Because technically they are cheating/griefing the system and game.

However I would not report any players for smurfing just because they are smurfing. Perhaps they have new account and is trying to get out of a rank and or boosting their friends.

You say that like that's not one of the worst things a player can do.
Smurf = cheating the game matchmaking engine ,and therefore ruining the experience for other players.
How isn't this a bad thing?
I have 0 faith in this playerbase....
02/18/2018 12:36 PMPosted by pheasant
Smurfing is dishonest behavior and that falls under the category of cheating which is to act dishonest to gain an advantage because smurfs are smurfing for the sole reason of playing against lower skilled players.

Yes, which is why if someone admits to smurfing or is playing well below their SR rank (eg, Master rank vs Golds), report away. The problem is when you're assuming someone is smurfing and reporting them. Just because someone plays better than you doesn't mean they're automatically a smurf. You don't know if someone is having a good day, or if they're already in the process of moving up and out of your rank/MMR.

Yeah, but lets be real. When someone has near perfect map knowledge and pretty darn good mechanics despite a low level, the smart money is on them being a smurf and not being the next coming of Fleta/Pine/Whoever.
Coffee always gets things going... ;)

Americano with a splash of heavy cream.
02/18/2018 12:56 PMPosted by KlaytoN
Smurf = cheating the game matchmaking engine ,and therefore ruining the experience for other players.

Nobody said smurfing isn't a bad thing. They are speaking technically. If you're not reading what they're telling you, it's your own fault for ignoring them.

My dude. If a player is lv 25 in comp, and it wreks the match, hes having a good day isn't he?
Or more, that even camp the spawn, is that "a good day" ?
Low level and high performance = smurf, end of story.

I don't care what is done, but the game should put the smurfs (which are high performance) to play together, against themselves , not against proper, worthy of their rank players.

I don't even want them in my team, they cocky too, insta picking the genji/tracer dps. God I dislike them....
You will never see a smurf with healer playtime, but genji widow and tracer. The heroes that can shred teams. Damn they must be having a blast.
02/18/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Awkward

Yeah, but lets be real. When someone has near perfect map knowledge and pretty darn good mechanics despite a low level, the smart money is on them being a smurf and not being the next coming of Fleta/Pine/Whoever.

Other FPS games exist, which can translate to having great mechanical skills at lvl 1 in Overwatch. There are plenty of guides on youtube for heroes and maps too. I'm not competitive and I have watched a bunch of them. Imagine someone who is competitive consuming and internalizing that info.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but there are ways for low level players to be really good without being actual smurfs.

My dude. If a player is lv 25 in comp, and it wreks the match, hes having a good day isn't he?
Or more, that even camp the spawn, is that "a good day" ?
Low level and high performance = smurf, end of story.

I don't care what is done, but the game should put the smurfs (which are high performance) to play together, against themselves , not against proper, worthy of their rank players.

No, I think you might be right in that very specific example. I'm talking about in general, where the supposed smurf isn't a lvl 25 destroyer who's probably going to be moved up asap by the system (assuming they're wrecking you). If ALL your games have a lvl 25 player destroying you, then there's probably a problem, but I highly doubt you're getting wrecked by a lvl 25 player in every match you play.

As for moving smurfs to play against fellow smurfs/better skilled players, that already happens. The game takes about 10-15 matches before it moves a smurf to where it thinks the player belongs.
02/18/2018 01:20 PMPosted by pheasant
I'm not saying you're wrong, but there are ways for low level players to be really good without being actual smurfs.

I'm sure there are. But even if it was 100-1 odds that the level 30-50 crushing it on Gengo or Tracer in Diamond/Masters SR was a new player, then I still wouldn't bet on it.
02/18/2018 11:07 AMPosted by KlaytoN
You should so same!
If we all did this we would have a nice clean playground. The automated system will take care of them.

EDIT..
May all of you encounter smurfs and ruin your matches, everyday, because it seems you like them.

I bet blizzard laughs so hard every time they collect another 19.99 for a smurf account.
The like:dislike ratio of your post speaks volumes of what the community thinks about your opinion though, DOWNVOTED
(also that edit you added in there there is meme worthy) "SEEM YOU LIKE THEM" :') I'm laughing hard irl, I needed that -- moving on;
02/18/2018 12:56 PMPosted by KlaytoN

Having a smurf is having a second account that you don't have to worry as highly as if you were on your main. What, exactly, about that is cheating? That's laughable. You just sound really mad. Did someone just get your McCree headshot or something?
I think only t500 smurfs should be banneable