Why did no one tell me Rein is just...

General Discussion
gods incarnate??? I mean, I've played him so much on my alt account, I'm currently at a 65% win rate as him and going... I mean, I absurdly used to hate him as I was complete and utter shi et with him, but now... I'm in love for the very first time <3<3<3 Rein needs more love and attention, he is utter bliss to play
Rein produces the best mains.

He requires a level head to play well, so his players are pretty much never toxic.

Cheers to Rein and Rein players.
Another Crusader Online!
Welcome friend, to the house of GLORY!
What changed your mind about him and his playstyle?

With me, usually I tried a hero first, sucked with them, gave up, then watched a few pro guides which unveiled the hero's true potential and I was in awe, so then I went back to them.
I think a lot of people keep discounting the 10% damage buff to his hammer from a while ago. Made squishies a lot easier to deal with and lets you help out here and there without leaving your shield down for too long.
02/19/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Ornery
I think a lot of people keep discounting the 10% damage buff to his hammer from a while ago. Made squishies a lot easier to deal with and lets you help out here and there without leaving your shield down for too long.
10% Speed buff*
Welcome to the club.
02/19/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Popcron
02/19/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Ornery
10% Speed buff*

For real, Speed..? I thought all players moved the same speed though? Damn now I need to go review my patch notes.
02/19/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Ornery
...10% Speed buff*

For real, Speed..? I thought all players moved the same speed though? Damn now I need to go review my patch notes.

Tracer and Genji move slightly faster than all other characters... I belive it's 6m oposed to 5.5m from everyone else.
02/19/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Cereal
gods incarnate??? I mean, I've played him so much on my alt account, I'm currently at a 65% win rate as him and going... I mean, I absurdly used to hate him as I was complete and utter shi et with him, but now... I'm in love for the very first time <3<3<3 Rein needs more love and attention, he is utter bliss to play

Because most people get bored and just flank with him and then die immediately if they are the only shield tank.

He's super awesome when you actually play him correctly but some of that means standing still and blocking SOME of the time. I think a lot of people get bored or get bloodlust and just abandon the team and things get ugly from there. But yeah I love me a good Reinhardt. He's an amazing tank.
Live with honor! Die with glory!
Beer for all the Reinhardt mains!
Rein is not a good state right now, and with all these PTR changes coming, he's gonna need to be looked at again by Blizzard...

But yeah, here's to the few of us who remain. Hail the victorious dead.
...10% Speed buff*

he's talking about the hammer's swing speed
A fellow Crusader joins the fray!
Live with honor friend, a glorious battlefield awaits you!
02/19/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Blueblizz

he's talking about the hammer's swing speed

So kinda like orisa's bullet speed increase... it's almost a damage increase, but only counts if you're accurate. Gotcha.
We get complementary jackets signed by Hasselhoff himself once we reach 100 hours or more!
02/19/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Ornery
So kinda like orisa's bullet speed increase... it's almost a damage increase, but only counts if you're accurate. Gotcha.

Ay dioz mio...

It's not like Orisa's buff. Orisa had her projectile speed buff which makes it easier to hit targets but keeps her DPS the same.

Reinhardt had his swing rate (i.e. how many swings per second) buffed. This increases his DPS, though the damage from a single hit is the same.
Play Orisa instead. You'll forget Rein ever existed.
02/19/2018 02:58 PMPosted by FriendlyFire
02/19/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Ornery

Ay dioz mio...

It's not like Orisa's buff. Orisa had her projectile speed buff which makes it easier to hit targets but keeps her DPS the same.

Reinhardt had his swing rate (i.e. how many swings per second) buffed. This increases his DPS, though the damage from a single hit is the same.

But if the bullets orisa fires travel faster, would that not mean, at least in some sense, that you're doing more damage per second, assuming you're as accurate as you were before? Like you said, the bullet speed increase makes it easier to hit targets... anyway, it was just a weak analogy
02/19/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Coulumbo
Rein produces the best mains.

He requires a level head to play well, so his players are pretty much never toxic.

Cheers to Rein and Rein players.

XQC was a rein main before Winston took priority because of the meta :P