Why am i being locked at my rank?

General Discussion
In the words of hall of fame coach Bill Parcells, "you are what your record says you are".
02/19/2018 04:26 PMPosted by GucciS0mbra
02/19/2018 04:17 PMPosted by ectozar
Your argument makes no sense what so ever.
Even if he did start from low diamond, his stats prove he deserves the higher rank, whilst your stats prove you deserve your current rank.

He's the one saying he won't climb any higher as he has accepted he is a master only player, whilst you on average stats think you deserve higher.
just to eloborate if i made a smurf account and placed at 100sr and played on it until 2000sr i would likely have bettet k/d than pro players, does this mean my stats prove that i deserve to be a pro?

No, it means you deserve to be higher than 100 sr. If you have higher than average stats, you are in a lower rank than where you should be. If you have average stats, you’re in the rank where you belong.

With that being said, stats aren’t that good of a way to show what rank someone should be at. Higher than average stats may be evidence of carrying, or just evidence of poor coordination and constant trickling.

As for you specifically, maybe your gamesense and mechanical skill on your chosen heroes is diamond/masters/gm/t500 level. Then there’s another reason you could be hardstuck plat, your pisspoor attitude. If you constantly flame your teammates for underperforming, making mistakes, or picking sub optimal heroes you’re going to lose a lot of games that would have been easy wins because you tilted your team off the face of the earth.

So if you truly believe that your individual play is at a higher rank than plat, then I encourage you to check how you interact with other players because overwatch is a game where the team that tilts first loses, and if you’re tilting in the first minute of a match that’s practically going to guarantee a loss.
I wonder what you were expecting posting something like this on the forums. Did you think everyone would automatically buy into your fantasy that you're the center of the world and validate you? That we'd all be up in arms against Blizzard for daring to keep the "great" GucciS0mbra out of the rank that they should be in?

Try to take this thread as a life lesson: When you act like a stuck up jerk and blame everyone else for your problems, people are going to treat you like a stuck up jerk.
02/19/2018 03:32 PMPosted by GucciS0mbra
02/19/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Evo
Spoken like a true platinum player. Bravo.

So you are pulling rank like you think that you are dafran? Sorry but with that attitude u will never get out of master
Your attitude that you're better than everyone else on your team speaks a lot about your personality. Pure toxic if you ask me.
02/19/2018 03:29 PMPosted by GucciS0mbra
When I win I carry and when I loose I carry

I used to on occasion think I carried matches, then I realized that was considered normal play and the reality was I normally played below average.

Don't mistake carrying for playing how you are expected to play at a minimum.

Look at it this way: "Any game you aren't making a difference for your team, you are playing below average."

Simple.
02/19/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Karock
I wonder what you were expecting posting something like this on the forums. Did you think everyone would automatically buy into your fantasy that you're the center of the world and validate you? That we'd all be up in arms against Blizzard for daring to keep the "great" GucciS0mbra out of the rank that they should be in?

Try to take this thread as a life lesson: When you act like a stuck up jerk and blame everyone else for your problems, people are going to treat you like a stuck up jerk.
No I imagine they are keeping alot of people out of their deserved rank. Through a rigged matchmaker. I dont understand why it is a stuck up jerk to questiom the matchmaker. I guess that with nearly 1500 post under ur belt that blizzard is ur God and u wont question there integrity and agenda.
02/19/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Krojack
02/19/2018 03:32 PMPosted by GucciS0mbra

So you are pulling rank like you think that you are dafran? Sorry but with that attitude u will never get out of master
Your attitude that you're better than everyone else on your team speaks a lot about your personality. Pure toxic if you ask me.
well no one asked you. You have 7000 post and are a low rank junkrat 1 trick.
02/19/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Persuasion
...just to eloborate if i made a smurf account and placed at 100sr and played on it until 2000sr i would likely have bettet k/d than pro players, does this mean my stats prove that i deserve to be a pro?

No, it means you deserve to be higher than 100 sr. If you have higher than average stats, you are in a lower rank than where you should be. If you have average stats, you’re in the rank where you belong.

With that being said, stats aren’t that good of a way to show what rank someone should be at. Higher than average stats may be evidence of carrying, or just evidence of poor coordination and constant trickling.

As for you specifically, maybe your gamesense and mechanical skill on your chosen heroes is diamond/masters/gm/t500 level. Then there’s another reason you could be hardstuck plat, your pisspoor attitude. If you constantly flame your teammates for underperforming, making mistakes, or picking sub optimal heroes you’re going to lose a lot of games that would have been easy wins because you tilted your team off the face of the earth.

So if you truly believe that your individual play is at a higher rank than plat, then I encourage you to check how you interact with other players because overwatch is a game where the team that tilts first loses, and if you’re tilting in the first minute of a match that’s practically going to guarantee a loss.
i stopped reading once you contradicted yourself saying this "With that being said, stats aren’t that good of a way to show what rank someone should be at". I guess that your singular braincell is having a day off
02/19/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Evo
02/19/2018 03:29 PMPosted by GucciS0mbra
And its clear as day that we dont belong in the same rank.

Lets be real for a moment. Your team is not the reason you're not in a higher rank.
What is the only consistent factor in all of your games? YOU! So the reason YOU can't climb is because YOU are in all of YOUR games, meaning YOU don't deserve a higher rank.
Yeah the reason I lost a match with 4 insta lock dps 2 being snipers and 1 being doomfist is because I couldn’t carry a team of 5 hard enough
I don't think people understand how broken this MMR system is.
02/19/2018 05:11 PMPosted by GucciS0mbra
i stopped reading once you contradicted yourself saying this "With that being said, stats aren’t that good of a way to show what rank someone should be at". I guess that your singular braincell is having a day off

Well, this makes it easier to support my second argument. If this is how you react on the forums, I find it difficult to believe you maintain a positive or even neutral attitude in games when things go wrong. Enjoy staying at the rank you deserve. If you want to climb, treat your teammates better.
just to eloborate if i made a smurf account and placed at 100sr and played on it until 2000sr i would likely have bettet k/d than pro players, does this mean my stats prove that i deserve to be a pro?

Just so you know it's impossible to exaggerate your accuracy, regardless if someone is a smurf or not.
Your accuracy is platinum level.
Your stats are platinum level.
You are platinum level.
And if I was smurfing from diamond and climbed to masters, how is it that you can't even get out of platinum when you claim your stats would be better than mine if I hadn't been smurfing?
And no, I wasn't purposely in a lower rank. I tried my hardest every game but only placed diamond and climbed instantly to masters. I was over performing in diamond, but I have been in masters for quite some time.
You are not over performing in platinum, so you deserve platinum.
02/19/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Evo

Just so you know it's impossible to exaggerate your accuracy, regardless if someone is a smurf or not.
You are platinum level.
And if I was smurfing from diamond and climbed to masters, how is it that you can't even get out of platinum when you claim your stats would be better than mine if I hadn't been smurfing?
And no, I wasn't purposely in a lower rank. I tried my hardest every game but only placed diamond and climbed instantly to masters. I was over performing in diamond, but I have been in masters for quite some time.
my mcree is bad i only started playing this season to improve my aim. I never mentioned accuracy. I argued about a k/d which urs is inflated, which nullifies ur argument, as i have been playing at the same rank all season. I never claimed my stats would be better than yours, just that urs are inflated.
Your argument about his inflated k/d just doesn't stick. Even if they were inflated, they do not stay inflated forever, after 10-15 matches (if not sooner) they will begin to adjust.
Evo has stated he has spent the majority of his time in masters, therefore his stats would have adjusted a long time ago.
02/19/2018 05:59 PMPosted by GucciS0mbra
<span class="truncated">...</span>
You are platinum level.
my mcree is bad i only started playing this season to improve my aim. I never mentioned accuracy. I argued about a k/d which urs is inflated, which nullifies ur argument, as i have been playing at the same rank all season. I never claimed my stats would be better than yours, just that urs are inflated.

you say your not at the rank you are suppose to be so your stats are already inflated mr. plat. the only difference is he climbed and you didn't. i think the only thing that is different between the 2 of you is game sense.
calling you to task: let's see you at your carry. record a vod and post it here.

guarantee you're making a !@#$ ton of mistakes that you can't see. fix those and you climb. making whiny posts won't help you rank up.
You do realize the whole point of the system is to balance out your win-rate right? If you are at 50%, you are most likely when you belong. If you belong higher, you will undoubtedly rank up in time.
02/19/2018 05:08 PMPosted by GucciS0mbra
02/19/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Krojack
...Your attitude that you're better than everyone else on your team speaks a lot about your personality. Pure toxic if you ask me.
well no one asked you. You have 7000 post and are a low rank junkrat 1 trick.
Woh hold on here.. This is the first time I've seen someone call out the number of forum post. Well for your info, I've played WoW for many years and was very active on those forums.

Yes I have a lot of play time on Junkrat but I do NOT 1-trick him. In fact I haven't been playing him much since Moira came out. I enjoy playing him a lot. I also don't play comp much because of people just like you. In fact you have more play time on Junkrat this season than I total time I have played comp for every season combined!

And last, no no one asked me BUT you did post a message on these forums so you should expect anyone to reply. You started off being all high and mighty claiming you carry your teams.
02/19/2018 06:27 PMPosted by ectozar
Your argument about his inflated k/d just doesn't stick. Even if they were inflated, they do not stay inflated forever, after 10-15 matches (if not sooner) they will begin to adjust.
Evo has stated he has spent the majority of his time in masters, therefore his stats would have adjusted a long time ago.
well no his winrates are still at 70%, so no he has not been in masters for long, once hiz winrate levels out so will the rest of his stats.
02/19/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Krojack
02/19/2018 05:08 PMPosted by GucciS0mbra
... well no one asked you. You have 7000 post and are a low rank junkrat 1 trick.
Woh hold on here.. This is the first time I've seen someone call out the number of forum post. Well for your info, I've played WoW for many years and was very active on those forums.

Yes I have a lot of play time on Junkrat but I do NOT 1-trick him. In fact I haven't been playing him much since Moira came out. I enjoy playing him a lot. I also don't play comp much because of people just like you. In fact you have more play time on Junkrat this season than I total time I have played comp for every season combined!

And last, no no one asked me BUT you did post a message on these forums so you should expect anyone to reply. You started off being all high and mighty claiming you carry your teams.
well you started getting personal towards me, when really i dont care if you are just a forum sad act