Abusing PBSR and MM in plat

Competitive Discussion
I placed like 2604 and i am currently at a negative score of 343-346 and i still managed to end at 2805 (I have even left about 10-15 games because I couldnt fix a simple internet issue in the past and i think i would be about 3100+ if i didnt lose that much sr due to leaving games), it is so easy to abuse the forced 50% winrate (forced losses), plat PBSR and broken matchmaking to climb.

One day i went 18-18 and gained 92sr, I played heroes i knew i was going to lose 100% (switching to soldier, genji, tracer to grind gold medals) and abuse the system to still end up in a climb sr while losing games

Here is the 18-18 record in which i could have potentially gone up by 150+sr: https://gyazo.com/3958fdada340a9498157009b0a37ef45)

Also one day i dont know what happened? i dont think i improved but i somehow went from like 2700s to 3041??? and then instantly went on this long 100% loss streak getting RNG widows not in voice chat shooting orisa shield for almost 10 minutes of game time

pretty much this post is to show how rigged matchmaking and PBSR is and how u can climb while on forced loss and forced wins streaks (play your best dps hero and shoot tanks even though you are 100% sure ur going to lose)

Also a link to this post because i thought this was worth reading: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762026575
if your getting gold and managing around a 50% winrate and your climbing between 2604 and 2800, that seems resonabe. in season 3 on my main i climbed from 1300 to 2300 with a 48% winrate. im not boosted or abusing the system i still win to this day at 3200 and even tested my skill on a silver account which is now almost diamond. pbsr is pretty good besides the fact that it can be abused by one tricks.
02/19/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Topher
if your getting gold and managing around a 50% winrate and your climbing between 2604 and 2800, that seems resonabe. in season 3 on my main i climbed from 1300 to 2300 with a 48% winrate. im not boosted or abusing the system i still win to this day at 3200 and even tested my skill on a silver account which is now almost diamond. pbsr is pretty good besides the fact that it can be abused by one tricks.

PBSR is NOT good, i am abusing it to get medals and lose LESS SR and not trying to win, I would otherwise play winston if i really wanted to win games but tanks cannot solo carry neither get gold damage its better to abuse a system and lose like 20sr and gain 40+ on a win, me getting diamond on a random day climbing almost 350sr doesnt mean i improved it just means i got lucky
now im on a losing streak, almost lost all the 350sr and got steamrolled on each of them (except i had to kill 6 people on one fight and then the plats just walk in 1 by 1 and managed to get 2 draws on 2 2cp maps)
02/19/2018 09:40 PMPosted by ishqwn
02/19/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Topher

PBSR is NOT good, i am abusing it to get medals and lose LESS SR and not trying to win, I would otherwise play winston if i really wanted to win games but tanks cannot solo carry neither get gold damage its better to abuse a system and lose like 20sr and gain 40+ on a win, me getting diamond on a random day climbing almost 350sr doesnt mean i improved it just means i got lucky
now im on a losing streak, almost lost all the 350sr and got steamrolled on each of them (except i had to kill 6 people on one fight and then the plats just walk in 1 by 1 and managed to get 2 draws on 2 2cp maps)
if you get golds as dps your doing fine. you deserve your rank if you can maintain around 50% winrate and you can out dps the other dps on your team. who cares if you get more sr per win, thats the story for everyone who is good at their rank. like i said, unless your i games where youcant hold your own and you get no medals(and your getting golds) you arent boosted. plus, 2600-2800 is barely a difference. i can get lucky 1 tricking mercy 1 day and climb higher than that
02/19/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Topher
if you get golds as dps your doing fine. you deserve your rank if you can maintain around 50% winrate and you can out dps the other dps on your team

no its the mm that decides whether u win or not, games are not balanced they are all like OWL 4-0 blowouts

read: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760857618?page=1

i have spend over 700 games in plat this season but 1 day i climb up 350sr all the way to diamond and the next i lose all of it due to unwinnable games

Those plat season 6 mercy 1 tricks are still in high GM for a reason (its been 20 days since mercy was fixed)
you have 600 golds in 700 games played thats not bad. i bet you wouldnt have dropped 300 sr if you stopped playing widow and mccree. you clearly have a higher sensitvty, your win percent with genji winston is very good, just play those and grind golds
02/19/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Topher
you have 600 golds in 700 games played thats not bad. i bet you wouldnt have dropped 300 sr if you stopped playing widow and mccree. you clearly have a higher sensitvty, your win percent with genji winston is very good, just play those and grind golds

My genji's win % was abused i only played him on games i knew i was going to win, it would be around 75% if i didnt play him only to grind gold damage like i do now because genji is my best dps (I play him if my team goes full throw mode, i.e, widow torb sym doomfist) i just pick soldier or genji and sit in one place doing damage and spamming ults so i can get golds and leave the game with about 20sr loss

02/19/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Topher
win percent

Win percentage does not determine if you are good or not, I have seen 20% winrate widow mains carrying every game against me but still losing because her whole team doesnt know how to play the game, I can easily reduce my genji's winrate to below 50 even if i tryharded and did my best..
ok whatever you say. i think pbsr is better than losing and gaining the same sr as the people you carried or got carried by.
Actually, what you did is a service to show that the system for competitive is not flawed, but rather a hot mess. It was intended to help good players go up in rank, but in turn is a loophole that can be abused heavily.
Alright let's shut down this thread right quick.
Fact 1. You state that you have left 10-15 games due to connection isssues. You lose 50 sr for deserting games. Thus you are likely a very unique case where your SR doesn't match your mmr (for 99 percent of people they are identical). In your case, your mmr is higher. This points out the genius of internal mmr. Blizz is giving you slightly higher sr gains because your mmr is higher than your SR (to compensate for the fact that you keep losing sr due to disconnects which has nothing to do with your personal skill). This is great because the idea is that you will climb out of games that you are too skilled to be in to which you have fallen solely due to sr penalty. If I got disconnected from 10 straight matches and started playing gold games when my mmr is diamond level, would it make sense to let me keep stomping gold players? No, so I would gain extra sr for wins.

And on top of that, because you are slightly better than people at your SR, you are outperforming them on the heroes you play, thus netting you more pbsr gains.

Congrats, you demonstrated the benefits of the pbsr/mmr system while attempting to trash it, ironically.
Everything u said is wrong people on my team cant aim they walk in a straight line, hanzo is shooting shields for 8 minutes widow is missig tanks ana misses a winston meelee range moira is right clicking reinhardt shield alone without tanks and no help and ppl picking zarya on numbani when they have a soldier uncontested on high ground which i cannot dive alone because they have 1 pocketed dva and a winston bubble counter diving, yeah man my mmr is high, my teammates are highly skilled and im being grouped with 'higher sr people', thanks for making a good point that describes why im plat border and hardstuck in plat (not even 2900 anymore, and there are goldies grouped with 2700s in my games on a daily basis) line
02/19/2018 11:15 PMPosted by aflyguy
Alright let's shut down this thread right quick.
Fact 1. You state that you have left 10-15 games due to connection isssues. You lose 50 sr for deserting games. Thus you are likely a very unique case where your SR doesn't match your mmr (for 99 percent of people they are identical). In your case, your mmr is higher. This points out the genius of internal mmr. Blizz is giving you slightly higher sr gains because your mmr is higher than your SR (to compensate for the fact that you keep losing sr due to disconnects which has nothing to do with your personal skill). This is great because the idea is that you will climb out of games that you are too skilled to be in to which you have fallen solely due to sr penalty. If I got disconnected from 10 straight matches and started playing gold games when my mmr is diamond level, would it make sense to let me keep stomping gold players? No, so I would gain extra sr for wins.

And on top of that, because you are slightly better than people at your SR, you are outperforming them on the heroes you play, thus netting you more pbsr gains.

Congrats, you demonstrated the benefits of the pbsr/mmr system while attempting to trash it, ironically.
Yesterday i went 15/5 mostly good games and some where hard. I reach a new season high (+60sr). Today i go on my alt as always i warm up for about an hour, then i switch to my main and go 1/13.

almost every game i get things like instalocked doomfist sombra on defense. Mei on attack etc. I dont mind a good one trick, but when i look and see 0 hours all time i know im F'ed

Anyway, the op is right. I used to track my sr gains and losses for every game and if you do as OP says then you will lose 22 or less and gain 23 or more depending on performance.
Forced 50:50 is no joke. Few weeks ago i had like a 15-loss streak (with 2 wins in between) and i was wondering what was going on. Then i saw on my Overbuff profile that my season win/loss ratio was at a PERFECT 50:50, when i started winning again.

Yesterday, i had a 11-loss streak (with 2 wins in between) again. I looked at my Overbuff profile again and its at 279-279, a perfect 50:50 ratio when i started winning again.

Btw: Those losses that im talking about are games where you know exactly why youre losing. Theyre games where you have close to no control over the outcome because of bad picks, roles not filled, people flaming, throwing, leaving.