FIX MATCHMAKING

General Discussion
It's broken.

I just got a game with 4 solo's and a 2 stack (my team) versus a 6 stack (enemy team).

Wtf.

Not only that! But every single player on our team was a support main except for one tank main.

If that's not broken then idk what is.

Please Blizzard, I'm tired of getting matched with all support/tank mains. That's the 4th time it's happened
i could be wrong, but i was under the impression gameplay was designed to be based on versatility - as in, the ability to play multiple heroes based on the unique, specific situation. mains are great, but one-tricks only get teams killed. sounds like your problem is being teamed up with one-tricks (i.e. i only play support), or being a one-trick yourself. you can have your main hero and main role, but you need to be able to play other heroes and roles effectively if you want to advance in any way in this game.
This would cause more problems than it solves.

People would click the category with the shortest wait time then play what they want anyways (invalidating the entire system).

If you force them to play the role they select then DPS would have insane wait times. You'd also open the doors for throwers to pick support and just troll DPS players who waited ten minutes for a match (And giving a fast-lane for griefers).

You'd also run into the issue of DPS players unable to hit Pharah due to no experience on Hitscan. But if you have supports who can, the system wont let them swap mid game.

That is of course you allow a system to bypass the initial system... which then defeats the purpose of the role select system from the get go.
02/20/2018 04:03 AMPosted by mona
i could be wrong, but i was under the impression gameplay was designed to be based on versatility - as in, the ability to play multiple heroes based on the unique, specific situation. mains are great, but one-tricks only get teams killed. sounds like your problem is being teamed up with one-tricks (i.e. i only play support), or being a one-trick yourself. you can have your main hero and main role, but you need to be able to play other heroes and roles effectively if you want to advance in any way in this game.

Teamed up? I solo que.

Not to mention I CAN play other heroes and so could most people on my team. Being a one trick is playing one sole HERO not one sole role.

It's just that we all had all of OUR hours on support except for me and the tank guy.

Also I'm a tank AND support main. -_-

I just call myself a support main because people call me that even though I play more hours on tank than I want to.

And last I checked you don't have to be great at every hero in the game. There are a ton of players that climbed with only 3 to 4 heroes (I can play 7 hereos comfortably). Plus I dont like being dps, I like having large health pools and being able to heal myself before anyone else.

I could go into detail on why I don't like playing most dps heroes in Overwatch but it's really just down to none of them have a playstyle that I've liked so far.

Oh I can play dps. I'm just not consistent. Sometimes I do really well and other times I'm just there to feed the enemy.

Not to mention in every game people instalock dps. And I only play comp. If I were to play dps in comp people would report me for throwing because they see my hours aren't on dps.
I can't play quick play because it's boring to me. I guess I could Smurf and instalock dps on a second account, otherwise it really wouldn't be wise for me to practice in comp. Plus don't forget the fact that I would be hella bored playing characters I don't want to play.

I didn't have this problem playing Paladins. At least in that game there were about 3 champions in every role that I liked and was really good at. Tyra, Viktor, Lian...
Ruckus, Fernando, Torvald...
Seris, Ying, Jenos...

Can't wait for a "then go back to Paladins" comment.

I don't know why I'm so different in Overwatch. I guess no matter how similar the characters seemed on paper, in actuality they play very differently.