I want to love this game

General Discussion
I really do.

But it's really hard to when this game has the most god awful matchmaking I have ever experienced in my life. I really don't care if it's "just quick play" I want to have actual fair and fun games.

Says right in game Quick Play: Jump into a game against other players of your skill level. So apparently players of my skill level are players with SR 200 or more above me, always on the enemy team. My team are actual similar skill level and often times lower. Yeah sure you could just say "get gud" I'd love to but it's really hard to "get gud" when these games are so one sided there's no way for me to possibly improve when my team is just rolled over every time. And in the rare case that I get all the high skill level players on my team, there's again no way for me to improve when my team just rolls over the enemy with little to no effort.

I don't mind one tricks, I can deal with smurfs, but when I'm losing because the game itself has terrible matchmaking pitting one low to average skill team against a high skill team, it really demotivates me from playing.

I used to say "I don't think I'll ever want to stop playing this game." I mean heck look at my level I'm level 1294 currently almost at my second gold star. I clearly put a lot of time into this game and loved it. But recently this matchmaking has been getting worse and worse, and I'm finding myself playing this game much less than half the time that I used to. I miss having good and even games, having close games that go into overtime, and awesome team fights. But now it seems that games just last 1-2 minutes because one team just rolls over the other. Or max time because one team can't even push past the first choke.

Sorry for this ranty post, you can ignore it, downvote it or whatever, I just needed to vent about this. I'm probably still going to play the game but likely just stick around for just events, and very few times in between. Until matchmaking actually makes fair games, I just can't have fun with this game anymore.
The matchmaking isn't even fair for comp or arcade... I'm not joking I've had games in comp where the SR difference is pretty drastic and again most of the games I've seen normally play out like so "either your team DESTROYS the enemy team or your team gets DESTROYED".

As for arcade you can run into top500, Masters etc.
02/20/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Mesme
The matchmaking isn't even fair for comp or arcade... I'm not joking I've had games in comp where the SR difference is pretty drastic and again most of the games I've seen normally play out like so "either your team DESTROYS the enemy team or your team gets DESTROYED".

As for arcade you can run into top500, Masters etc.

Yeah arcade as well has been terrible, CTF was made better this event but going in with such a mess of skill levels, then that 4 stack of Masters on the enemy team, it's just been a nightmare to play. I really only go into arcade for loot boxes now, and nothing else.
I don't think there's enough people playing anymore for it to have perfect matchmaking.
Yeah, let's give everyone 3 minute queue for chateau DM, because our OP is too afraid of playing against people higher than him.
I literally can’t give advice cause you have like 8 times my xp. Idk man every game has a potential play time. I come from league of legends and put maybe about 40 days of in game time in and after a while, you pick up the flaws of the game and lose your love for it because the designers didn’t make a game that a casual player could play that long.
Stop playing for season 9 and come back season 10 I PROMISE you’ll love it much more then.
02/20/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Djinn
Yeah, let's give everyone 3 minute queue for chateau DM, because our OP is too afraid of playing against people higher than him.

I'm not afraid of fighting higher ranking players, it's just not fun. And DM is no fun to me anyways. And if longer queue times is what it takes for actual fair games, then I'm fine with that.